Week 6 Other Games Thread

get it together, Maryland.
Not looking real promising right now. Purdue has settled in after that first drive where Maryland went right down the field on them. Hopefully Maryland can hold before halftime and maybe get some points even since they get it first in the second half.

Damn, that guy was not gonna be stopped short of the endzone, let's go Maryland
Dragged the defender about 15 yards into the EZ. Maryland gets the ball first in second half so that was huge to tie it up.

That’s what we needed. Get points to start the half and we’re in great shape.

Anyone else just feeling annoyed this weekend? I feel like bye weeks can be so good after a win, you feel like the team has momentum and don't have to worry about any game pressure while you watch other teams. After a loss, I just want the team to get back on the field and get a win.

I think the best bye week in recent memory was 2014. It was Oct. 4, Minnesota had defeated Michigan the week before and was happy at home with the Little Brown Jug.

That weekend, No. 2 Oregon lost to Arizona, No. 3 Alabama lost to Ole Miss, No. 4 Oklahoma lost to TCU, No. 6 Texas A&M lsot to Mississippi State, No. 8 UCLA lost to Utah, No. 18 BYU lost to Utah State, No. 16 USC lost to Arizona State and No. 17 Wisconsin lost to Northwestern. Watched a lot of those games and it was glorious.

Maryland gets the strip sack and recovers the fumble

Ky Thomas just ran through a guy on his way to a real nice 16 yard run. Losing him and Bucky really sucks. Could have been difference makers....especially last week.
That’s true. Unless we had 7 figures in NiL deals we weren’t keeping Irving

Anyone else just feeling annoyed this weekend? I feel like bye weeks can be so good after a win, you feel like the team has momentum and don't have to worry about any game pressure while you watch other teams. After a loss, I just want the team to get back on the field and get a win.

I think the best bye week in recent memory was 2014. It was Oct. 4, Minnesota had defeated Michigan the week before and was happy at home with the Little Brown Jug.

That weekend, No. 2 Oregon lost to Arizona, No. 3 Alabama lost to Ole Miss, No. 4 Oklahoma lost to TCU, No. 6 Texas A&M lsot to Mississippi State, No. 8 UCLA lost to Utah, No. 18 BYU lost to Utah State, No. 16 USC lost to Arizona State and No. 17 Wisconsin lost to Northwestern. Watched a lot of those games and it was glorious.
If we would’ve taken care of business last week (make a field goal and catch a touchdown) this would be the best bye week of all time.

It is what it is

good to see locksley is still a terrible coach with in game decision making.

good to see locksley is still a terrible coach with in game decision making.
Going for it on 4th and 1 in the middle of the field is statistically maybe a better decision than punting

Going for it on 4th and 1 in the middle of the field is statistically maybe a better decision than punting
play call. took the ball out of his best players hands and ran gut out of a tight set, which is also against their strength when Purdue has shown they can load the box and stop the run. But otherwise, statistically i love the call to go for it

Maryland's home crowd looks pathetic. You would think there would be some excitement for a 4-1 team.
They've got pro team market effect, no one cares there...see Northwestern, Pitt, Rutgers, us.

All tied up going to the 4th between Maryland and Purdue.

MD has completely abandoned trying to push the field and it's killing their offense.

I’m about 90% as frustrated watching Maryland as I was watching us. Purdue is not good, but we need them to lose because the rest of their schedule is cupcakes.

I’m about 90% as frustrated watching Maryland as I was watching us. Purdue is not good, but we need them to lose because the rest of their schedule is cupcakes.
encouraging drive from MD here

Purdue is good. They are nothing spectacular but they are a good team and one many of us thought could be a factor in the West this year with their schedule.

Loss last week was frustrating because the game was there for the taking but that doesn't change the fact that Purdue is solid.

On another note....Purdue was crazy offsides on that blocked XP. Hope that doesn't come back to bite Maryland.

come on Maryland.....gotta hold here.

Naturally Purdue is now going to win 24-23.

Top Bottom