Week 13 Bowl Projections Thread

People's perceptions of Minnesota won't change until you change their perceptions. That will take more than one year.
The COVID issues we had last year turned into a lost season, but some of those perceptions carry through even though we hit a 8 win season.

Iowa getting blown out last night did absolutely ZERO to help Minnesota in bowl selection. As long as we are taking 2nd place to a team who performs like that with the whole nation watching, I'd select a Penn State team as well.

Let's quick acting like we got jobbed when we all watched Iowa last night, a team we lost to.
Dude there’s no way to justify Penn State to the Outback.

Pretty sure Penn St lost to Illinois too. Hard to believe our loss to Bowling Green outweighs PSUs losing record in conference.
Seriously?? The Bowling Green loss was probably the worst loss by a P5 team this year. Certainly top 3. We were 31 point favorites and should have beaten Bowling Green with our second string. Now, yeah, PSU lost to Illinois as well, but the bottom line is this, a 10-2 Gopher team isn’t going to Vegas. We would be ranked in the top 15 right now and playing on New Years Day. The majority of the blame for the bowl slotting rests with us. We bent over and dared the bowls to screw us, and they did.

People's perceptions of Minnesota won't change until you change their perceptions. That will take more than one year.
The COVID issues we had last year turned into a lost season, but some of those perceptions carry through even though we hit a 8 win season.

Iowa getting blown out last night did absolutely ZERO to help Minnesota in bowl selection. As long as we are taking 2nd place to a team who performs like that with the whole nation watching, I'd select a Penn State team as well.

Let's quick acting like we got jobbed when we all watched Iowa last night, a team we lost to.

Penn State lost to Iowa too.

Correct. But if the rumors are all true.....at least Purdue and Wisconsin got decent bowls.

There's really not a lot of difference between the games. I think Vegas is more fun than Nashville or Phoenix but PHX will be warmest. Other than a loosely followed insignificant selection order it's not a big difference.

Penn State to Outback is a joke, but half the blame for that lies with us. Don’t pucker and lose to Bowling Green and Illinois. We put ourselves in a position to be screwed and we got screwed.
Win those 2 we lose the coach.

Please. Rightfully earning the Outback Bowl via record and falling to the last B1G selection remaining is a slap to the face. Falling behind PSU, plus WI, plus Purdue, plus MD is a joke. All teams we beat or had a better record than. If we landed in Vegas fine. Nashville, maybe. But to get passed by 4 teams is criminal.

Who will be the more motivated team in the Guaranteed Rate Bowl? Although PJ seems to do a hell of a job getting his team ready for bowl games.

Seriously?? The Bowling Green loss was probably the worst loss by a P5 team this year. Certainly top 3. We were 31 point favorites and should have beaten Bowling Green with our second string. Now, yeah, PSU lost to Illinois as well, but the bottom line is this, a 10-2 Gopher team isn’t going to Vegas. We would be ranked in the top 15 right now and playing on New Years Day. The majority of the blame for the bowl slotting rests with us. We bent over and dared the bowls to screw us, and they did.

Florida State lost to Jacksonville State. But yes....probably top three worst P5 losses.

People need to stop with the pecking order nonsense. It isn’t a draft. The U of M probably was placed in Arizona because there is a lot of u of m people down there and we haven’t played a game in Arizona since 2009

Reality is, for 97% of the country there is no difference between who plays in Nashville vs Arizona.
Outback bowl is a step up. Gophers should get it over wisconsin and Purdue because 2-0

Penn state is 1-0 against wisconsin, Purdue and Minnesota. I get it

Outback bowl had Minnesota in 2019 and Indiana in 2020
Probably wanted a name, wanted a team they hadn’t had in a while. I feel less awkward about losing it to Penn state than to wisconsin or Purdue. And in reality there is no difference between which third tier bowl we are in.

there are New Years 6
There are the second tier games like Outback and capital one. And after that they’re all pretty much the same

There's really not a lot of difference between the games. I think Vegas is more fun than Nashville or Phoenix but PHX will be warmest. Other than a loosely followed insignificant selection order it's not a big difference.

I don't know about that. Wisconsin getting to play an 8-4 Arizona State team and Purdue getting a 7-5 Tennessee team is far more interesting than getting a 6-6 WVU team that opened the year with a loss to Maryland.

I don't know about that. Wisconsin getting to play an 8-4 Arizona State team and Purdue getting a 7-5 Tennessee team is far more interesting than getting a 6-6 WVU team that opened the year with a loss to Maryland.
Honestly West Virginia probably goes 9-3 in the pac 12 so there is that. Tennessee might win the pac 12

Gopher Fans worry a lot about being disrespected. Now, if we also get word that someone involved with the Outback Bowl insulted PJ, all hell will break out.

Getting passed over by 4 teams is a absolutely a blow for the program. It negatively affects the needed casual fan and it affects recruiting. Other teams can use against us the perception that Minnesota is thought of so little, even the B1G conference will mistreat them. I’m sure it also is another reason Coach Fleck will use when evaluating his future.

There must be massive politics going on behind the scene to so dramatically affect bowl placements. We all know the conference has taken some control over the selections. The question I have is how involved did AD Mark Coyle and President Joan Gabel get with selection Process. And, how committed is B1G Commissioner Kevin Warren to fair selections?

Getting passed over by 4 teams is a absolutely a blow for the program. It negatively affects the needed casual fan and it affects recruiting. Other teams can use against us the perception that Minnesota is thought of so little, even the B1G conference will mistreat them. I’m sure it also is another reason Coach Fleck will use when evaluating his future.

There must be massive politics going on behind the scene to so dramatically affect bowl placements. We all know the conference has taken some control over the selections. The question I have is how involved did AD Mark Coyle and President Joan Gabel get with selection Process. And, how committed is B1G Commissioner Kevin Warren to fair selections?
They didn’t get passed over. There isn’t a draft. They were placed.

not saying it makes it any better but it isn’t a draft

Top Bottom