Week 13 Bowl Projections Thread

Hope thats true but Phoenix per 247 latest.

What? 247's projection is the Music City Bowl.

But I'll roll with the unnamed sources saying it's going to be the Outback Bowl against the Razorbacks. Going to want to hear what @DeltaHog thinks about that matchup.
Need to read the entire article for the update after championship games last night and gives explanation for GRB. But I prefer the OB rumors.

Guaranteed Rate Bowl would suck. Lame matchup....late on a Tuesday night? That game would be flyover country.

Bring on the Outback Bowl!
I do like to visit Arizona, but that's the only reason I'd want us to be in that game.

As the tweet is no longer available, I'm going to assume it predicted Gophers to Outback?

The final predications from various websites are funny because they literally run the gambit from Guaranteed Rate to Outback. Here's a few:

CBS (Palm): Music City vs. Tennessee
USA Today: Vegas vs. Washington St
CFN: Outback vs. Arkansas
Action Network: Guaranteed Rate vs. WV
247: Music City vs. Tennessee

Oh, and edited to say that Gopher Illustrated agrees with the Strib that it'll be Guaranteed Rate. This really is the murkiest I can remember Minnesota's bowl placement being on Sunday. No steam online for any teams really. Weird year in the B1G West.

Last edited:

Getting passed over by Penn St would be a travesty and complete failure of the B1G conference to support schools fairly. PSU is two games worse in conference standings and there are no other defined rules to do so.

Getting passed over by Penn St would be a travesty and complete failure of the B1G conference to support schools fairly. PSU is two games worse in conference standings and there are no other defined rules to do so.
They literally redesigned the bowl selection process a few years back so Penn state can’t jump all those teams. So I’ll be surprised if they do

Jerry Palm just tweeted that Purdue gets Tennessee in the Music City Bowl. Combined with the PSU to Outback steam and the LV article saying they want Wisconsin or PSU, it's sure looking like the Strib is right about MN to the Guaranteed Rate. What a load of crap if it happens.

Jerry Palm just tweeted that Purdue gets Tennessee in the Music City Bowl. Combined with the PSU to Outback steam and the LV article saying they want Wisconsin or PSU, it's sure looking like the Strib is right about MN to the Guaranteed Rate. What a load of crap if it happens.
Penn State has losing record in B1G play college football turning in to a joke

Don't let Penn St get the Outback.

At least give it to Wisconsin.

If we're playing West Virginia that will make me change my grade of our season from a "B" to a "D"

PSU to Outback is official. What a farce. Exactly the type of garbage the new placement system was setup to avoid. Guess that random poster on a PSU message board I quoted a few days ago actually was plugged in.
Iowa was #15 in the rankings. They can't be too happy either.

I'm beyond disappointed. Late start against a 6-6 team. There won't be 20k people there.

Top Bottom