Week 13 Bowl Projections Thread

Definitely sad about getting this bowl game. I hope PJF uses the extra practice time to work on our passing game and the players don't forget to show up.

This is a no win situation for us

If we win:

Even if we go out there and take down a lowly 6-6 West Virginia team, nobody is really gonna care. This isn't going to get us into the Top 25 AP rankings at the end of the season. This isn't going to do anything for recruiting.

If we lose:

nobody watches this game so it won't matter. Except it will crush gopherhole confidence

This is a no win situation for us

If we win:

Even if we go out there and take down a lowly 6-6 West Virginia team, nobody is really gonna care. This isn't going to get us into the Top 25 AP rankings at the end of the season. This isn't going to do anything for recruiting.

If we lose:

nobody watches this game so it won't matter. Except it will crush gopherhole confidence
If anything is ever a no win situation it means you are a loser

You boys like Phoenix??!?!?!?

08bxB5l.gif
No. No I don’t.

I didn't think there was any way a team could get jumped by so many other bowls to land at the lowest bowl selection spot for the conference. Weird. Granted, playing in the Pinstripe is actually a punishment not a reward, but the Guaranteed has a lower spot in selection.

They didn’t get passed over. There isn’t a draft. They were placed.

not saying it makes it any better but it isn’t a draft
You’ve said ‘it isn’t a draft’ before, and I never said it was. However, there are heavy politics going on and we were passed over by PSU, and so was WI and PU. A more fair selection would have 7-5 (4-5) PSU in the ‘Rate Bowl, with the Outback, Music City and Vegas bowls divided among the 8-4 (6-3) teams.

Ick. This is pretty uninspiring on every level from the opponent to the game being played at the crappy location - baseball‘s Chase Field. Their QB Doege transferred in from Bowling Green which seems to be a meta meta troll.

It’s not Detroit, or NYC. Could be worse. The only thing to do is not lay an egg and confirm Minnesota as a flaky team in the national view. Sanfordless, I predict a sound victory.

WV is not a push over. They played Oklahoma within 3, beat Iowa State… we will have to show up and not play disappointed.

Well that sucks. Guess the Packer/Viking game on Jan. 2 is back in play.

You’ve said ‘it isn’t a draft’ before, and I never said it was. However, there are heavy politics going on and we were passed over by PSU, and so was WI and PU. A more fair selection would have 7-5 (4-5) PSU in the ‘Rate Bowl, with the Outback, Music City and Vegas bowls divided among the 8-4 (6-3) teams.
Not really as if Penn state played in the west they likely finish with 2-3 losses in conference play depending on the crossovers.
they split with Iowa and wisconsin. So did Minnesota. So did Purdue.

Nothing we can do about it -- Let's just go out and beat West Virginia. I know they beat Texas and Iowa St. and they finished 6-6. Let's close out the year on a good note and finish 9-4.

Nothing we can do about it -- Let's just go out and beat West Virginia. I know they beat Texas and Iowa St. and they finished 6-6. Let's close out the year on a good note and finish 9-4.
Yeah. One win away from a top 6 season post 1975.

2019 - 11-2
2003 - 10-3
1999 - 9-3 (I am close on what is second and third)
2014 - 8-5
2016 - 9-4

Not even sure what number 6 is right now

Yeah. One win away from a top 6 season post 1975.

2019 - 11-2
2003 - 10-3
1999 - 9-3 (I am close on what is second and third)
2014 - 8-5
2016 - 9-4

Not even sure what number 6 is right now
We went 8-5 in 2002 and 2013 as well. Every other season since 1967 is 7 wins or fewer.

What? 247's projection is the Music City Bowl.

But I'll roll with the unnamed sources saying it's going to be the Outback Bowl against the Razorbacks. Going to want to hear what @DeltaHog thinks about that matchup.

I was looking forward to a match up with you guys in Nashville and was going to be able to make that bowl. I feel like Minnesota got screwed with this bowl selection.

Top Bottom