Week 1 Other Games Thread

Michigan is struggling against Fresno. Oregon has not looked great against Idaho.

We should try to hire the UNLV coaching staff.

Hard to say. But Moore seems even more risk averse than Jim which is saying something
Moore had no business getting that job. It’s Michigan, so he has tons of resources. But he also has a ton of expectations. The chances of him flaming out seem high, IMO. The idea of putting a ton of weight on “continuity” between coaching staffs means so much less now in the age of paying players, NIL, unlimited transfers and the portal.

Moore had no business getting that job. It’s Michigan, so he has tons of resources. But he also has a ton of expectations. The chances of him flaming out seem high, IMO. The idea of putting a ton of weight on “continuity” between coaching staffs means so much less now in the age of paying players, NIL, unlimited transfers and the portal.
I’m perfectly fine with them having some dark years for awhile

I saw an interview with Moore where he said Jim Harbaugh put it in his contract that if he left Moore would get the HC job.

Agree. It’s feels like we are the only team that missed a field goal this week.

Penn State placekicker missed one from 46 with absolutely no external pressure except the goblins in his mind; the game was a three or four score laugher at that point. He had previously been benched for someone else last year and was given another opportunity.

It's way too early for this take. I trust Jim Harbaugh as a judge of coaching talent more than a search firm or the Michigan AD.

Fresno State scores to pull within 6. Interesting finish coming up

Idaho knocking at the door. Should bring the game to within one score regardless.

Edit.....Idaho scores a TD. Down 14-17 to #3 Oregon.

Every friggin game I'm watching , teams are drilling field goals.
Vandy essentially did the same thing the Gophers did missed a FG. But lucky for them it was tied so they still won in OT.

Football Gods, don’t fail me now. Needing a miracle in Ann Arbor.

Dammit. Probably ballgame.

Idaho knocking at the door. Should bring the game to within one score regardless.
Oregon had an amazing INT early in the game in the end zone. If Idaho had scored there instead, it could be even closer.

Vandy essentially did the same thing the Gophers did missed a FG. But lucky for them it was tied so they still won in OT.

That was their kickers first collegiate game. And he had hit a 43 and a 53 yarder earlier in the game.

If Oregon somehow loses this it would be the biggest upset in CFB history by a good margin. Spread was Ducks -48.5

Michigan game is going about as I expected. Wolverines don't look as dominant as last year, but they have pulled away. Took them a while to do so since Fresno State is a good, consistent program. Over the last 20 years they've been one of the better G5 teams.

Top Bottom