Week 1 Other Games Thread

And the Gophers are the bottom of the barrel for the Big Ten.

Oregon benefited from playing in a weak PAC and the fact that USC was thrown into a decade of chaos as a result of Pete Carroll and incompetent coaching hires. On top of that, they had a huge advantage of Nike money in the pre-NIL era. I think OR comes back down to earth hard in the B1G.

For me, I really don't care about who wins the NC through the new playoffs because I know it will not be the Gophers. I only care about who wins the B1G. In that, I suspect we will finally have competition for OSU/UM and I think USC is way better positioned in this new era of football.
i don't think the players/teams think this in the majority, particularly based on what we saw from Mich 2 years ago and the guys that came back.

Oregon still has a massive advantage. was at oregon's campus this summer and it's for all their athletes (in terms of materials, facilities, etc). it's insane. if anything, it becomes even easier as now Knight can bookmark it for the football team via NIL rather than having to give it to the University.

The media timeouts have become more frequent and last longer. I noticed this yesterday. Some games easily passed 3.5 hours and even approached 4. This is not acceptable
Which games approached 4 hours?

And USC will finish around 5th in the BIG
Not sure it’ll be that high.
Keep in mind this is the same LsU team that 7-5 Wisconsin had on the ropes in the bowl last year.

The 5-15 range in the big ten is so tight. They could get 5th, they could get 14th. Probably 10-15 plays are the difference between 6-3 and 2-7 for a half dozen teams this year

FSU looks…. Not good.

DJ U showing at yet another place that he really is just not a good starting QB

The Wolverines have to get rolled by Texas first.
I'm going with Texas in that game, it'll be a fun one to watch. If it were later in the season, maybe Michigan, but this early, Texas with their returning players and coach has the advantage.

I'm going with Texas in that game, it'll be a fun one to watch. If it were later in the season, maybe Michigan, but this early, Texas with their returning players and coach has the advantage.
I mean they have the vastly better qb and that team is always going to have the advantage. Only way Michigan wins is if they force 3+ turnovers and hang onto the ball themselves. Michigans lack of receiver room is going to kill them this year with mediocre qb play and teams being able to just load the box

I mean they have the vastly better qb and that team is always going to have the advantage. Only way Michigan wins is if they force 3+ turnovers and hang onto the ball themselves. Michigans lack of receiver room is going to kill them this year with mediocre qb play and teams being able to just load the box
Michigan wins in the B1G because they literally get every call in their favor except when playing OSU. On top of that, I think it is blatantly obvious that Harbaugh used systematic cheating to gain an edge - which is now neutralized via the helmet radios and Harbaugh pulling a Pete Carroll and running away from the mess he created. I think Michigan comes back down to earth in a very big way over the next 2-3 seasons. They will still be a top B1G team - but I don't think they will be NC caliber for a long time to come.

Top Bottom