Week 1 Other Games Thread

Rotten luck for WMU, but also a pretty bad mistake.

Of course Sconny gets that bounce and gets the ball back like that. Hope WMU can overcome it and pull off the upset. Fleck would be proud, avenge the 2017 Cotton Bowl!
Wisconsin Football. Playing with a horseshoe wedged up their tail end since 1994.

TCU-Stanford has the makings of a fun ending coming up. Stanford takes the lead late. TCU cannot get out of their own way dropping passes, turning it over and taking personal fouls

Excited to watch UGA vs Clemson and ND @ College Station. Also, watching Wisconsin barely hang on vs. WMU cheered me up a bit.

Their “air raid” offense produced 192 passing yards and 0 TDs
Granted. A lot of short passes that set up the run game. Badgers held the ball a lot which eventually wore WMU down. Badger QB was not that impressive but did have some clutch runs.

Rotten luck for WMU, but also a pretty bad mistake.

Of course Sconny gets that bounce and gets the ball back like that. Hope WMU can overcome it and pull off the upset. Fleck would be proud, avenge the 2017 Cotton Bowl!
There was no reason for the returner not to field that punt. Big mistake by him IMO.

Diego Pavia the former NMST QB under Jerry Kill is now leading Vandy, looking good so far trying to upset VT.

As much as I dislike Penn St, I do think this is the year they break through. Their OC Kotelnicki is getting a lot of hype on the broadcast, but it’s deserving…he’s a really good/smart OC. They should finally have the offense to match their D

Franklin did what Fleck needs to do…go and hire a stud OC from a lower level (not that Kansas is a lower level).

Granted. A lot of short passes that set up the run game. Badgers held the ball a lot which eventually wore WMU down. Badger QB was not that impressive but did have some clutch runs.
Their OL at times was over powering WMU. Man the Becky RB’s run hard.

Watching UTEP show some offensive creativity and push the ball down field with ease against Nebraska and I'm becoming even more frustrated with what was on display Thursday night.

Watching UTEP show some offensive creativity and push the ball down field with ease against Nebraska and I'm becoming even more frustrated with what was on display Thursday night.
Actually give PJ credit for his recruiting on the O side of the ball. I don’t know how he gets kids to come here or keep them here after they’ve arrived to play in his system.

As much as I dislike Penn St, I do think this is the year they break through. Their OC Kotelnicki is getting a lot of hype on the broadcast, but it’s deserving…he’s a really good/smart OC. They should finally have the offense to match their D

Franklin did what Fleck needs to do…go and hire a stud OC from a lower level (not that Kansas is a lower level).
And get out of the OC's way and let him run the offense...

Not going to lie, seeing every other Big Ten team winning today just has me gritting my teeth. I know it's been mostly against G5/FCS, but still, grr.

I know we've had opening week losses before, but recently that's been to No. 2 TCU, No. 18 Michigan and No. 4 Ohio State. This one is tougher to swallow.

Not going to lie, seeing every other Big Ten team winning today just has me gritting my teeth. I know it's been mostly against G5/FCS, but still, grr.

I know we've had opening week losses before, but recently that's been to No. 2 TCU, No. 18 Michigan and No. 4 Ohio State. This one is tougher to swallow.
this is why i'd rather you have a patsy in week one to work out the kinks and play at team like UNC week 2 or 3.

Even Iowa is airing it out....

They will crush us if we don't figure out offense

What a difference a change in offensive coordinators makes. Wow.

Very relevant to the other conversations going on.

1725147916162.png

Hot take: There's more reason for wisconsin fans to be concerned after week 1 than Gopher fans. Allowing WMU to beat them in yards per play is no bueno for predictive value going forward.

Watching Michigans offense right now makes me feel better about ours

UCLA getting shutout 10-0 against Hawaii at the half.

Top Bottom