UPDATED 12/18: UW reportedly hires Gary Andersen with career 30-31 record

Swing and a miss!!

@SIPeteThamel: Just got word that Al Golden is flattered by Alvarez's interest but staying at Miami.

Go Gophers!!

I hate Wisconsin as much as anybody, but I think it's stupid of him to not take the job if the rumors are true. He's not going to get a better job offer than Wisconsin in the near future, and I can't believe he wouldn't be interested in getting out of Miami ASAP.

Better job is subjective, but I imagine he could have had a job like Tennessee if he'd wanted it. And jobs like that open every year. Assuming the ACC doesn't implode, it's still there for Miami to dominate if they can survive the sanctions. He may want to give it a couple years before bailing out.

Miami over Wisconsin?

You betcha......9 out of 10 coaches would say so. Natural recruiting base, you can afford to live on the beach...and you can still have a lake up north if that's what you want.

You betcha......9 out of 10 coaches would say so. Natural recruiting base, you can afford to live on the beach...and you can still have a lake up north if that's what you want.

Yeah, but with the potential of more probation coming there way I could see why he may want to leave.

That makes THREE! Jones, Peterson and Golden.

Did Jones or Peterson get offers though, I thought that they were just intereviewed at that was the end of it or just refused to interview.

If you have money, miami is one of the best places to live on the planet. Great food, great scene and a vibe like no other place.

@BTNRickPizzo

#Badger sources tell me the Wisconsin job was never officially offered to Al Golden. I'm told there was interest, but no actual offer.

Did Jones or Peterson get offers though, I thought that they were just intereviewed at that was the end of it or just refused to interview.

When an A.D. has the complete power like Barry does it's the same thing. That goes double when it's done "one at a time".

@BTNRickPizzo

#Badger sources tell me the Wisconsin job was never officially offered to Al Golden. I'm told there was interest, but no actual offer.

Barry: "You know the job's open. I'm sure you'd do a great job. Any interest in leaving Miami?"

Al: "No."

No job offer was made.:rolleyes:

Barry: "You know the job's open. I'm sure you'd do a great job. Any interest in leaving Miami?"

Al: "No."

No job offer was made.:rolleyes:

Its the same thing when they say no "offer" was made to a recuit.

Interesting that ESPN never fully ran with this on ESPN.com. They mentioned some interest, and that's about it.

That would lead one to believe that there may very well have not been an actual offer, but certainly the scenario outlined by Iceland is a very likely possibility as to how it went down.

At any rate, for what many considered such a good job going into the "search" (which I never thought it WAS a great job), it sure seems like there isn't a ton of interest from anybody with any major credentials. I still think it's possible that working under Barry, his shadow, and what might be Barry's firm grip on the program might be a slight deterrent for some potential candidates.

Sounds like former TE coach and top recruiter for the Badgers, Rudolph, is the latest front runner. From TE coach to OC for Chryst in Pitt, to Badger HC, all in the span of about 12+ months? Quite the ride....

Give me South Beach over Madison any day of the week.

Give me South Beach over Madison any day of the week.

Seems about right but a lot of people around here thought that the Twin Cities should have trumped South Beach too. :confused:

A two page thread and nobody said "Wisconsin cooled on Al Golden." You guys are slacking.

Maybe BA is a pain in the ass to work for. They call him the " Emperor" You wonder if he takes that moniker serious?

Just hearing a few recent interview, he comes off as being extremely arrogant.

I dislike Wisconsin as much as any other Gopher fan. But I find it hard to believe they will not land a top-level coach and continue down the road to success. Say what you want to about Barry Alvarez, the man could flat out coach and win. He delivered on every promise he made when he took the job and won a Rose Bowl in his fourth season. I wouldn't necessarily call him arrogant as I would extremely confident. I've read his book and found it incredibly interesting. If he had waited one year, he may have been our head coach. I am not going to blast Wisconsin or refer to them as "Becky" when they have pretty much handed us our rear ends for the last 20 years.

Wisky will probably promote one of their coaches from within their ranks. They are too fuddy-duddy to actually go out-of-state for another dork-ass coach. They have plenty of those in Wisconsin!! Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom