University of Texas head men's basketball coach Chris Beard was arrested and charged with assault on a family member.

I commend Texas, not swayed by that phony Friday statement.

Going to be a long road back for Beard. He may get a chance at a low major in a few years but he probably won't sniff a high Major job until about 2030. Criminal charges don't really matter, Beard embarrassed the institution signs his pay checks, his behavior shows that he's clearly unfit to mold boys to young men. Right now his credibility in a families living room recruiting their son is shot

Going to be a long road back for Beard. He may get a chance at a low major in a few years but he probably won't sniff a high Major job until about 2030. Criminal charges don't really matter, Beard embarrassed the institution signs his pay checks, his behavior shows that he's clearly unfit to mold boys to young men. Right now his credibility in a families living room recruiting their son is shot
One thing I’ll say about the majority of Gopher coaches in my lifetime is that they don’t seem like shitty people. I don’t think Pitino has hit his wife or Kill kicked a kid at practice, etc. So that’s nice.

Texas was never a blue-blood in basketball. They've made the same # of Final Fours in my lifetime as the Gophers have.
Texas Tech and TCU aren't either. As usual, MNJay is just throwing words together.
It takes a very strong effort to keep Texas sucking in football and basketball. Do you think this just happens??

Like as soon as they're good...out-of-nowhere the coach beats his girlfriend...??

GIVE ME A BREAK!!!

Where is BADGER? BEARD is one of the best!!!!

FRAUD BADGER.

You are a strange dude.
I think it's strange that Beard, a 49 year old who was married for 13(?) years with three kids, and had been dating his gf since 2019 ..... suddenly decides in Dec 2022 that now is a good time to start beating women.

That seems strange to me.

They only did it because they could use this as solid legal footing to get out of the contract.

Accountants/CFO advocated for it as risk management. Bank it
If they didn't want to fire him, why would want out of the contract?

Maybe he can coach a prison team. 🤔

If they didn't want to fire him, why would want out of the contract?
I'm saying they did want to fire him.

I'm saying they did it purely because the bean counters could not accept the risk. That that was the essence of the firing. Not for any other reason, related to "morality".

I'm saying they did want to fire him.

I'm saying they did it purely because the bean counters could not accept the risk. That that was the essence of the firing. Not for any other reason, related to "morality".
If they wanted to keep him as a coach, what's the risk?

If they wanted to keep him as a coach, what's the risk?
Loss of donations, loss of tickets sold, etc. Based on what might still come out. Wild guess

Let me put it another way: if they didn't think they had legal standing to fire him with cause, he would still be the coach today.

If that's not true, then why not announce the firing any number of days ago?

One thing I’ll say about the majority of Gopher coaches in my lifetime is that they don’t seem like shitty people. I don’t think Pitino has hit his wife or Kill kicked a kid at practice, etc. So that’s nice.
NM

Loss of donations, loss of tickets sold, etc. Based on what might still come out. Wild guess

Let me put it another way: if they didn't think they had legal standing to fire him with cause, he would still be the coach today.

If that's not true, then why not announce the firing any number of days ago?
But this is a chicken and the egg. The same thing that gives them cause is the only reason they'd want him fired. It's not like they are using the cause to fire him as a way to get out.

For example, lets say they had a terrible record and this come up, you could make the argument they are using this is a way to get out of the contract.

They had cause to fire him weeks ago.

But this is a chicken and the egg. The same thing that gives them cause is the only reason they'd want him fired. It's not like they are using the cause to fire him as a way to get out.

For example, lets say they had a terrible record and this come up, you could make the argument they are using this is a way to get out of the contract.

They had cause to fire him weeks ago.
If that holds, then you win here.

My line of argument is based on that they needed time to have their legal team verify that what has happened indeed would satisfy firing for cause, within reasonable likelihood.

It takes a very strong effort to keep Texas sucking in football and basketball. Do you think this just happens??

Like as soon as they're good...out-of-nowhere the coach beats his girlfriend...??

GIVE ME A BREAK!!!
So Texas is cursed? It's a conspiracy? I don't follow.

It seems perfectly reasonable and not nefarious in any way that the university would have its legal and finance team reviewing the case before making a decision (or making a decision public), analyzing risk and possible cost, along with others doing the PR analysis. Its better than not doing it and finding out you really messed up somewhere. And I'm not a particular fan of lawyers, either, but they have a job to do. Accountants are much better.
If that holds, then you win here.

My line of argument is based on that they needed time to have their legal team verify that what has happened indeed would satisfy firing for cause, within reasonable likelihood

You are a strange dude.
After being mediocre for decades, Texas finally gets to the top of the polls and top of the recruiting rankings....and all of a sudden the coach is a woman-beater.

And I'm the strange one??

After being mediocre for decades, Texas finally gets to the top of the polls and top of the recruiting rankings....and all of a sudden the coach is a woman-beater.

Don't ask a question you don't want to know the answer to.... (psst, it's yes).

Your thesis is that they made the woman-beater stuff up because they were getting too good. Or that the woman-beater stuff was ignored at previous stops, and that's ok because a winning program is of higher worth.

You think nothing happened, and the cops were called at 2 a.m. for no reason?

Yes you are.

What are you alleging occurred? The Administration of Texas made it up? A mole from Oklahoma did? Dr. Fauci? What exactly?

Don't ask a question you don't want to know the answer to.... (psst, it's yes).

Your thesis is that they made the woman-beater stuff up because they were getting too good. Or that the woman-beater stuff was ignored at previous stops, and that's ok because a winning program is of higher worth.
The bolded part might be true at Texas Tech.

The idea that this was some conspiracy to take down the UT basketball program is as bad of a theory as anyone on this site has ever had. Ever.

The bolded part might be true at Texas Tech.

The idea that this was some conspiracy to take down the UT basketball program is as bad of a theory as anyone on this site has ever had. Ever.
I suspect the same thing about TT.

If I'm reading MNJay correctly, he's advocating for the TT way. He thinks any type of bad behavior should be ignored if the program's doing well. Those who expose scandal - true or not - are villains, and the administration are willing accomplices.

I suspect the same thing about TT.

If I'm reading MNJay correctly, he's advocating for the TT way. He thinks any type of bad behavior should be ignored if the program's doing well. Those who expose scandal - true or not - are villains, and the administration are willing accomplices.
No, it's even crazier than advocating for the TT way.

He literally believes these things didn't happen and it's a illuminati-level conspiracy by anti-athletic elements of these universities taking down the programs. I'm. . . not. . . kidding.

No, it's even crazier than advocating for the TT way.

He literally believes these things didn't happen and it's a illuminati-level conspiracy by anti-athletic elements of these universities taking down the programs. I'm. . . not. . . kidding.
Most people believe anything the media tells them. Our government was even floating the idea of space aliens on Earth...(around May 2021, remember that?)...to test how gullible we really are. And sure enough, most people were taking those reports seriously.

Yes it's possible that Beard beat his girlfriend. But the media will lie & spin, that's for sure. And there are forces in academia that are itching to destroy basketball, that's for sure.

I’m
Most people believe anything the media tells them. Our government was even floating the idea of space aliens on Earth...(around May 2021, remember that?)...to test how gullible we really are. And sure enough, most people were taking those reports seriously.

Yes it's possible that Beard beat his girlfriend. But the media will lie & spin, that's for sure. And there are forces in academia that are itching to destroy basketball, that's for sure.
This is coming from someone who has called Beard the best basketball coach in college basketball on this board. Beard had some form of an altercation. There were bite marks on his fiancé. Whether she went is truly a victim (most likely is) or she went nuts, she had physical marks on her that were recorded by Austin police.

I’m

This is coming from someone who has called Beard the best basketball coach in college basketball on this board. Beard had some form of an altercation. There were bite marks on his fiancé. Whether she went is truly a victim (most likely is) or she went nuts, she had physical marks on her that were recorded by Austin police.
If he bit her, that would be very strange. And weird. And deserving of being fired.

Top Bottom