University of Texas head men's basketball coach Chris Beard was arrested and charged with assault on a family member.

Don't get me wrong. I'm against hitting women under any circumstances...even if they start it and throw the first punch.

She says he choked her with his arm...so there's not going to be any bruises or evidence. So I don't think you can fire a guy for that.

Don't get me wrong. I'm against hitting women under any circumstances...even if they start it and throw the first punch.

She says he choked her with his arm...so there's not going to be any bruises or evidence. So I don't think you can fire a guy for that.

Did you read the report at all??

There were bruises and marks. And he refused to provide any recording that he supposedly had.

The guy is done

There were bruises and marks. And he refused to provide any recording that he supposedly had.

The guy is done
I would agree, but it is Texas so you never know.

The guy is done
She claims she has bruises and marks on her legs. From him throwing her out of bed after she re-entered and confronted him a second time. Her words. She admitted she was angry, approached him the first time, and broke his glasses...without him retaliating.

She claims she has bruises and marks on her legs. From him throwing her out of bed after she re-entered and confronted him a second time. Her words. She admitted she was angry, approached him the first time, and broke his glasses...without him retaliating.

Yeah not sure if you know how DV works....the marks are the key. Doesnt matter if she was angry or not.

I could scream in your face all I want and be a complete jackass. If you punch me in the face its still assault.

The dude is fu cked. His only goal should be trying to argue down out of jail time. Hes getting gassed 1000%

Yeah not sure if you know how DV works....the marks are the key. Doesnt matter if she was angry or not.

I could scream in your face all I want and be a complete jackass. If you punch me in the face its still assault.

The dude is fu cked. His only goal should be trying to argue down out of jail time. Hes getting gassed 1000%
I already said that I'm against hitting women under any circumstances...even if she hits the guy first.

But if she attacks him first and breaks his glasses...and then re-enters and confronts him a second time...I'm not sure that marks on her legs is enough proof of his guilt. It depends on how bad they are.

I already said that I'm against hitting women under any circumstances...even if she hits the guy first.

But if she attacks him first and breaks his glasses...and then re-enters and confronts him a second time...I'm not sure that marks on her legs is enough proof of his guilt. It depends on how bad they are.
It's not legal to choke and bite people that break your glasses. You do sound cool with choking a woman if she breaks your glasses though.

I don't know why you are choosing to only read a portion of the police report. If you don't believe her about being choked, why would you believe her about anything else in the affidavit?

If you believe what she said (you know the glasses portion you're repeating), then she is also accusing him of choking her and biting her. If you're looking for physical evidence there were bite marks on her arm, abrasions over her eyes, and abrasions on her legs.

Will he get found guilty? Probably not, the plead it down because she most likely will refuse to testify. It's almost impossible to get a conviction if the victim refuses to testify.

Unfortunately, she will probably retract her statement and he will probably be able to plea down to something minor. I hope I'm wrong.

Does he keep his job in that scenario?
I would think not but I don't know.

People always point to UT like it'd be handled like a college town but Austin doesn't really care about UT like College Station would A&M. It reminds me a bit of like Gopher Hockey. They are great and have tons of tradition, but it probably doesn't have the die hard fans like North Dakota/UMD (now) or SCSU. So if UT keeps him, they will be under fire a bit from the locals who only care about sports at times like these.

So if I had to bet, he's done at UT.

Unfortunately, she will probably retract her statement and he will probably be able to plea down to something minor. I hope I'm wrong.

Correct, legally strong chance he ends up pretty ok. But that should be his focus right now.

Cause hes not keeping this job. And would be surprised if he gets any other any time soon.

I’m not sure who the alleged victim is in the case, but domestic violence is one thing that’s pretty hard to recover from in any kind of professional sense. Unless this is completely out of left field, hard to believe he can come back from this.
Not normally fair to bring this up, but due to recent events I think it's fair to assume Beard's divorce had something to do with his temper and drinking.

Not normally fair to bring this up, but due to recent events I think it's fair to assume Beard's divorce had something to do with his temper and drinking.
I’m of course no couples counselor, but if that’s the case, maybe steer clear of relationships for awhile. Just a thought.

It's not legal to choke and bite people that break your glasses. You do sound cool with choking a woman if she breaks your glasses though.

I don't know why you are choosing to only read a portion of the police report. If you don't believe her about being choked, why would you believe her about anything else in the affidavit?

If you believe what she said (you know the glasses portion you're repeating), then she is also accusing him of choking her and biting her. If you're looking for physical evidence there were bite marks on her arm, abrasions over her eyes, and abrasions on her legs.

Will he get found guilty? Probably not, the plead it down because she most likely will refuse to testify. It's almost impossible to get a conviction if the victim refuses to testify.
Of course if she just broke his glasses that weren't on his face...and then she simply went back to him to kindly give him another pair...and he attack her, choking & biting & bruising her...then he should be in jail.

The way I interpret it more realistically though is...she punched him in the face and broke his glasses. Then she returned and started up with him again. And he grabbed her, held her in a submission hold - showing her that he could kick her ass if he wanted to, and he threw her out the bedroom door.

If they can match bite marks to him...that's different.

I'm purely speculating. We need to wait & see.

Good grief, keyboard lawyers trying the case on this site is very amusing.
Whatever happened was enough for the university to suspend a very effective coach.
The rest will be decided in a court of law.

Whatever happened was enough for the university to suspend a very effective coach.
I thought Bob Loblaw was an actual lawyer

Of course if she just broke his glasses that weren't on his face...and then she simply went back to him to kindly give him another pair...and he attack her, choking & biting & bruising her...then he should be in jail.

The way I interpret it more realistically though is...she punched him in the face and broke his glasses. Then she returned and started up with him again. And he grabbed her, held her in a submission hold - showing her that he could kick her ass if he wanted to, and he threw her out the bedroom door.

Do you know how this happened from experience. Good grief, quit protecting him!

According to the affidavit (her side of the story), he was twirling the glasses in his hand and she grabbed them and snapped them and then he went into the bedroom following her.

Fun fact - bite mark evidence is absolutely bogus. Pre-DNA, a number of people were found guilty of crimes based on bite marks and then were later exonerated when DNA technology caught up. It's a junk science.

I thought Bob Loblaw was an actual lawyer
I am and his point is really stupid.

What happens in the court of law is not the interesting thing in this case (most likely). I'd be really surprised if this doesn't play out with him taking a plea deal because the victim fails to cooperate. If that doesn't play out and he's found guilty, yeah, he's done at UT.

The interesting thing is what will happen OUTSIDE of court. Will UT still fire him if he pleas out to a lesser deal?

Wonder if he’ll be interested in a big ten redemption job in a couple of years?

So you're saying he deserves to be suspended?

Do you know how this happened from experience. Good grief, quit protecting him!
LOL okay, have it your way. Lock him up immediately and throw away the key.

So you're saying he deserves to be suspended?
I am saying that the people who had the most to lose, a very effective coach, and who were closer to the facts of the case than anyone on this site, decided to suspend him.

Top Bottom