Tyus Jones to Duke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone in Tyus' 8 has a shot at this point in time. That's why they're still on his narrowed list.

Tyus looked good tonight playing @ Eagan. He scored around 20 points with about 10 nice assists (I didn't keep track). He plays with a calm tenacity and is fun to watch.

He has a 5th gear that he can turn on. He made some very nice feeds and bounce passes through traffic and a 3 or two with a defender in his shorts.

He sure did. He had it on cruise control for part of the game as his team is too big and talented for Eagan. However, when Eagan made a charge to close the gap Tyus turned it into high gear and scored about 15 points in about 5 minutes. I don't know the final tallys but he had to be around 30 points. When he passes the ball just gets to whatever he sees and quickly. Unlike a lot of the great passers- he's also a really good shooter- he had at least 4 threes on no more than 5 or 6 attempts. The ability to drive, make great passes AND shoot well from outside makes him a pretty special player. It would be amazing to watch if he comes here.

@gophersnow: Tyus Jones ranked the No. 8 best player regardless of class in high school hoops by ESPN

Go Gophers!!

No Chance

if there is NO chance of coming to the U they would have eliminated the U and allow Tubby to move on. The no chance people are obviously also the no brain people

Minnesota is only on the list for two reasons:
1. There may be a new coach by the time he makes his decision.
2. He's avoiding the hatred that would be thrown his way while he's still living/playing there.

Tubby will not land any of the big three. What about our team over the past six years would convince any highly regarded recruit to do otherwise?

2. He's avoiding the hatred that would be thrown his way while he's still living/playing there.

Tubby will not land any of the big three. What about our team over the past six years would convince any highly regarded recruit to do otherwise?

Tyus has a good relationship with Tubby, Taylor, and Jirsa. I'm actually in the boat that firing Tubby will destroy any chance at landing one of the big three.

For those of you that care. In ESPN's updated rankings a couple days ago, Tyus dropped to #2 behind Jalil Okafor.

Looking for help- I'm going to the Lakeville N @ AV game this upcoming Tuesday. How early should I arrive to get a seat (or is that not a problem)? I've only seen him play on the road, so this will be my first time seeing a game in AV.

Yeah, remember how great of shape the program was when the Gophers landed Joel Przybilla, Rick Rickert, and Kris Humphries?

the gophs are on ALL of the big 3 lists so a few schmucks figure that means there is ZERO chance any of them will come here...

also all 3 will make their choice while they are still living and playing in MN so the moronic logic that Tyus will wait until his time in MN is over is an object example of the absurd logic employed by some folks

Yeah, remember how great of shape the program was when the Gophers landed Joel Przybilla, Rick Rickert, and Kris Humphries?

In fairness, IMO all 3 of those players came here because of a personal agenda. If I'm not mistaken Rickert and Humphries had committed to AZ and Duke......However as their play proved, they were trying to showcase their talent on the BIG Ten stage on a weak team to get a big payday at the next level. Pryzbilla lost any respect from me when he quit on his team midseason. I believe all 3 made a calculated decision to come here for personal reasons. Tough you are correct that they were all prized recruits.

UNC is no longer in the running for Tyus after receiving a commitment from Joel Berry.

Now how about an early committment tomorrow from Tyus to make this the best Gopher week ever?

@DarrenWolfson: The recruit Tubby Smith is seeing this afternoon is Apple Valley's Tyus Jones. He should be at his practice now. #gophers

Go Gophers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom