Tyus Jones to Duke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprise! Brock already has attended gopher game as invited recruiting guest of Tubby. ESPN on Brock "great size hands and post footwork" plus runs the floor pretty well.

Yikes. Maybe he has injured at the Twolves shootout. But he looked awful. Hardly played if I remember correctly.

on the espn recruiting page, it says..No. 1 junior Jones takes official visit to UK....as one of their headlines on the right side, its an insider article so I couldn't read it, but does espn have that wrong? wasn't it an unofficial visit?

on the espn recruiting page, it says..No. 1 junior Jones takes official visit to UK....as one of their headlines on the right side, its an insider article so I couldn't read it, but does espn have that wrong? wasn't it an unofficial visit?

Yes, it was an unofficial visit. I don't think he can began taking officials until he is a Senior. At least that is what I have read.

Yes, it was an unofficial visit. I don't think he can began taking officials until he is a Senior. At least that is what I have read.

no, the 2014 class can take officials starting January 1st, but I read it was unofficial pretty much everywhere until I saw the headline on espn

Let Tyus take all the visits he wants, officials and unofficials, and let him choose the Gophers on his own accord.

North Carolina got a commitment from Joel Berry the #3 point guard in 2014 so that might take them out of the running for Tyus.

per Amelia's mailbag:

I heard Tyus Jones was at the game. What are the latest rumors regarding where he’ll end up? Gophers have a chance?

@sarahhinde

We probably won’t get the final, most meaningful update from the Tyus sweepstakes for quite some time, but two small updates: 1) Jones went on an unofficial visit to Kentucky a couple weekends ago and 2) North Carolina, one of Jones’ suitors and one of the eight schools on his shortened list, has a commitment from 2014 point guard Joel Berry II (happened on Monday), so that may or may not affect Jones’ decision to be a Tar Heel. Beyond that, I will say what I have always said: as long as the Gophers are on Jones’ short list, they should consider themselves a serious contender – and act that way in recruiting him. However, it is certainly going to be tough. And Minnesota certainly isn’t putting on hold its recruitment of other point guards in the meantime.

http://m.startribune.com/?id=187897701

Go Gophers!!

Heard Tyus had 35 points last night so those of you who think he's just a pass first PG think again.

Heard Tyus had 35 points last night so those of you who think he's just a pass first PG think again.

He's a pass first point guard. Always has been, always will be. He could have a random game with 100 points and it wouldn't change that. Sometimes your team needs you to score, sometimes you have a guy on you who simply can't play defense, and sometimes you're just feeling it.

He's a pass first point guard. Always has been, always will be. He could have a random game with 100 points and it wouldn't change that. Sometimes your team needs you to score, sometimes you have a guy on you who simply can't play defense, and sometimes you're just feeling it.

You're right, he is generally a pass-first PG but I think Myke was trying to address the people who have stated that Tyus is unathletic and not capable of scoring very well. He could probably put up 30+ point games every night if he wanted to but he knows that it is better for him to be a facilitator and get his teammates involved.

You're right, he is generally a pass-first PG but I think Myke was trying to address the people who have stated that Tyus unathletic and not capable of scoring very well. He could probably put up 30+ point games every night if he wanted to but he knows that it is better for him to be a facilitator and get his teammates involved.

Ah, didn't get that. If he was just saying that he can be a good scorer then he is correct.

I hate to rain on every ones parade, but there is zero chance the Tyus Jones or Vaughn play for MN. I am not sure about Travis but the other two are not coming here. The reason they keep us on their lists is because they are both good kids and at least are willing to humor the U of MN. Jones is leaning heavily towards Duke. Both of there kids are one and done type players and are not going to play for a mediocre progam and a coach that has a sub 500 conference record. It would be better if they would take us off their lists now so we could move on.

I hate to rain on every ones parade, but there is zero chance the Tyus Jones or Vaughn play for MN. I am not sure about Travis but the other two are not coming here. The reason they keep us on their lists is because they are both good kids and at least are willing to humor the U of MN. Jones is leaning heavily towards Duke. Both of there kids are one and done type players and are not going to play for a mediocre progam and a coach that has a sub 500 conference record. It would be better if they would take us off their lists now so we could move on.

Can you let me know what the winning lottery numbers are for tonight?

Ah, so you know both of them well?

Hate to break it to you but both of them are not going to be one and done.

Can you let me know what the winning lottery numbers are for tonight?

Can I get in on that too? This guy should just tell us which players will and will not come here right away so we don't waste our time with any recruits. It would be a lot easier that way.

Honestly, I think it's silly how people can predict with confidence where somebody will end up, who they are interested in, who they aren't. Also how long they will stay in college.

Nobody knows! Honestly.

Honestly, I think it's silly how people can predict with confidence where somebody will end up, who they are interested in, who they aren't. Also how long they will stay in college.

Nobody knows! Honestly.

What do you mean? If your team loses a few games, they automatically lose out on their recruits too.

You're right, he is generally a pass-first PG but I think Myke was trying to address the people who have stated that Tyus is unathletic and not capable of scoring very well. He could probably put up 30+ point games every night if he wanted to but he knows that it is better for him to be a facilitator and get his teammates involved.

Yea this is what I mean. When I hear people talk about wanting Vaughn over Tyus they always talk about how limited Tyus is and it's just not true.

Marcus Fuller tweets:

"Two of the state's top point guards Graham Woodard and Tyus Jones go for 40 points tonight. MN doesn't just produce big kids."

"Not saying Tyus Jones is favoring Mich St, but how crazy would it be if two Big Ten teams had floor leaders from MN and Tubby didn't."

Go Gophers!!

Tyus looked good tonight playing @ Eagan. He scored around 20 points with about 10 nice assists (I didn't keep track). He plays with a calm tenacity and is fun to watch.

He has a 5th gear that he can turn on. He made some very nice feeds and bounce passes through traffic and a 3 or two with a defender in his shorts.

You lied. You really wanted to rain on everyone's parade. I can tell with your viewpoint on Tubby and the fact that you have two whole posts. Not a very good effort at all.

if there is NO chance of coming to the U they would have eliminated the U and allow Tubby to move on. The no chance people are obviously also the no brain people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom