Tyus Jones to Duke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my mind, Tyus has a three stellar options, and Duke and Kentucky aren't among them. Not going to name the three other except to say that we would all be happy if he chose one of them. my other two best non-MN options have obvious draw-backs as well, but I can see them as at the least wise decisions by him.

Michigan State was great because Magic Johnson stayed home.
Michigan was great because the Fab 5 stayed home.
Neither would have been great if those players went elsewhere. If they had gone to Duke , Kentucky or North Carolina, they may have won a title but by now it would be so what.
By staying home they created a lasting legacy. Minnesota has probably never had a chance for homegrown boys to do something so special!
These boys need to take this and run with it. IT IS A SPECIAL OPPORTUNITY. This chance may never come again.
PLAYERS MAKE THE TEAM BOYS. You need to go for a Minnesota Team for the ages. I know the people of the State of Minnesota care, and deserve to see this.

I only think Webber and Rose were from Detroit. The others were from Texas and Howard was from Chicago. I get your point though.

We all love to see Bleed posting positive drivel about the Gophs

Bleed's latest post in this thread was about someone speculating that all of them are probably going to go somewhere else.

In my mind, Tyus has a three stellar options, and Duke and Kentucky aren't among them. Not going to name the three other except to say that we would all be happy if he chose one of them. my other two best non-MN options have obvious draw-backs as well, but I can see them as at the least wise decisions by him.

Whatever the choice is I hope it doesn't end up being a multiple player package (more than 2), if that is the case Kentucky is the likely school and college is nothing more than going to an NBA prep school for a year.

Our chances to improve the odds on all three will be based on how we do in the next 4 weeks.
Tyrus is NOT NBA bound after 1 year. He needs to get a lot stronger. I bet he stays at least
3 years.

Our chances to improve the odds on all three will be based on how we do in the next 4 weeks.
Tyrus is NOT NBA bound after 1 year. He needs to get a lot stronger. I bet he stays at least
3 years.

Your first comment I agree with, in the way that this next month will be crucial for recruiting!
Now on to the ladder, Tyus won't be staying 3 years... 2 is one thing, 3 won't happen.
I bet he stays 2.

Does Tyrus Jones know Julian Welsh? Or maybe Donnell Kirkland or Scott Epke on the football team?

All these top teams getting beated, and us beating MSU and Ind, Help us get the top kids. If they were in the barn the last 2 games, tough to think it gets any better.

And Elliot, strangely enough the just about the only name on the team that is never screwed up is Mbakwe

At least in his first year at Minnesota that he was actually on the court, I remember hearing some "Muh-bakwe" and "Embekwe," and he might have had some alley-oops assisted by Blake Harfarber, maybe Hoffbarber as well. Al Nolen's last name is also frequently misspelled on this board on the few occasions that he still gets brought up nowadays.

per Shama:

The list of college possibilities for Tyus Jones is at seven, according to his dad Rob Jones. The schools are: Baylor, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan State, Minnesota and Ohio State. The Apple Valley junior point guard is among the most highly recruited players in the country but his dad said no date for announcing a college choice has been determined.

Apple Valley is on everyone’s short list of favorites to win the Class 4A state title later this month. “I think any kid who plays high school basketball wants to reach the pinnacle,” Rob said. “God willing this wil be the year.”

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

per Shama:

The list of college possibilities for Tyus Jones is at seven, according to his dad Rob Jones. The schools are: Baylor, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan State, Minnesota and Ohio State. The Apple Valley junior point guard is among the most highly recruited players in the country but his dad said no date for announcing a college choice has been determined.

Apple Valley is on everyone’s short list of favorites to win the Class 4A state title later this month. “I think any kid who plays high school basketball wants to reach the pinnacle,” Rob said. “God willing this wil be the year.”

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

Baylor ? Why would he want to go to Baylor?

Doesn't Tyus have a family member that is associated with the Baylor basketball program in some way or am I wrong?
I think I remember hearing something like that too, maybe like a distant cousin is some type of an assistant coach for them.

Flip tweet: Watched #tyusjones tonight. Like I say "Point Guards are delivered from heaven". That's him! Fun to watch.

Go Gophers!!

GopherHole tweet: #Gophers HC Tubby Smith and former Gopher PG Flip Saunders both attended the Apple Valley game tonight to see @Tyusjones06 & @BertramBrock

Go Gophers!!

Hilarious to to think jones has any intention of coming to a sinking program like minnesota!

Hilarious to to think jones has any intention of coming to a sinking program like minnesota!

Sadly, this could have some truth to it... I think we have a better shot at landing them if Shaka gets hired and signed to a long term deal in the offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom