Tyus Jones to Duke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, this could have some truth to it... I think we have a better shot at landing them if Shaka gets hired and signed to a long term deal in the offseason.

I don't think the chance of this is 0% by any means, but why do so many people act like all we have to do is offer Shaka and he would take the job? He turned down a much better Illinois job this past off season and will probably have better offers this year.

I don't think the chance of this is 0% by any means, but why do so many people act like all we have to do is offer Shaka and he would take the job? He turned down a much better Illinois job this past off season and will probably have better offers this year.

From what I understand of the Chicago basketball situation, to be successful at Illinois and get the cream of the crop recruits, you have to be a crook in the Chicago AAU scene. Bruce Weber, who was successful other places, didn't want to play that game and is now at K-State. Shaka also did not want to play that game and stayed put at VCU.

Would Shaka leave VCU to take the Minnesota job if the price was right and a new practice facility was in place? That's the question that Norwood has to have the answer to before he does anything regarding the Tubby situation.

Let's keep this thread on Tyus Jones recruiting updates. There are enough other threads to focus on Shaka, Tubby, etc. Thanks.

Can anyone tell me what Baylor has to offer recruits? You look at Jones' list and think, OK, he likes the blue bloods, the regional powers, and his hometown school. All very sensible. And then he has Baylor on there. And it's not just him.

I really don't get it.

Can anyone tell me what Baylor has to offer recruits? You look at Jones' list and think, OK, he likes the blue bloods, the regional powers, and his hometown school. All very sensible. And then he has Baylor on there. And it's not just him.

I really don't get it.

Baylor's salary cap is quite high.

Is it just me or does anyone's else heart skip a beat whenever any of the big 3's threads are bumped to the top? The optimist in me just wants someone to commit already.

Is it just me or does anyone's else heart skip a beat whenever any of the big 3's threads are bumped to the top? The optimist in me just wants someone to commit already.

Nope, only because when they committ, it wont just be announced in a comment on the forum... it will get it's own thread which reads:

TYUS JONES COMMITS TO THE GOPHERS! or...

Tyus Jones chooses Kentucky. I think I've got the blues... :(

Nope, only because when they committ, it wont just be announced in a comment on the forum... it will get it's own thread which reads:

TYUS JONES COMMITS TO THE GOPHERS! or...

Tyus Jones chooses Kentucky. I think I've got the blues... :(

I'm a loser, my heart skipped a beat when I first read your comment.....

Jackhole.

Chris Monter tweet: "Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski was at Apple Valley's basketball to watch standout junior Tyus Jones practice. AV plays Rosemount Friday."

Go Gophers!!

I really don't get it.

A lot of NBA players have come through Baylor recently which leads top recuits there for a year or two.

Beginning to get a lot quicker, faster and more explosive. The best player I've seen in a LOOOOONG time.

Tyus Jones of Apple Valley is Pioneer Press boys basketball player of year

"I'm not at the top level," Jones said last week. "That top level is LeBron James, Kobe Bryant and Dwyane Wade. Even those guys aren't content. They're always striving to improve. I can't rest on what I've done. You can't be a junior in high school and say I've got nothing to improve on."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_22817867/tyus-jones-apple-valley-is-pioneer-press-boys

Go Gophers!!

Should be a fun state tournament that starts tomm and many gopher recruits in this years state tournament

@MSHSLjohn: Kentucky coach John Calipari is at Target Center watching Apple Valley's Tyus Jones. #mshsl

Go Gophers!!

Will MN ever get a shot to see Tyus on TV? They are down to Brainerd at the half. Could the best player in the state never be seen by anyone who has not attended a game?

can we stream this anywhere?

Channel 45 only does the semi finals and finals on Web and TV from what I understand. Live stats are on the MSHSL.com site. AV up 5 with 11 minutes to go.

Tied now ... Yeah it's a shame that all games are not on TV or streamed. Channel 45 .. what's up with that? High school basketball in general is not covered well by mainstream media. Try and find the brackets on startribune.com for example. Try and find the schedules with results of all teams in the tourney...nothing.

I'll give the media (TV and newspapers) a pass on this one. State tournaments are so watered down now with 4 classes. It's difficult to invest in it when you see some of the crappy teams that get to play in a state tournament simply because there are 4 classes. Playing in a state tournament doesn't hold anywhere near the water it used to. Minnesota should have no more than 2 classes for basketball.

The media has picked up on the fact state tournaments have become more about "participation" than great accomplishment. In my opinion they give it enough coverage. Quick little game stories, maybe a sidebar story or two. That's more than enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom