Tyus Jones to Duke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tied now ... Yeah it's a shame that all games are not on TV or streamed. Channel 45 .. what's up with that? High school basketball in general is not covered well by mainstream media. Try and find the brackets on startribune.com for example. Try and find the schedules with results of all teams in the tourney...nothing.

freshtrout, have you checked out the Star Tribune Boys Basketball Hub? Not sure if they have everything you're looking for, but it's a nice site:

http://www.mnbasketballhub.com/

Go Gophers!!

As enjoyable as it was to see Coach Cal lose in the first round of the NIT, now we have to see him at the Target Center... he watched Tyus this morning.

per Sid:

• How badly does Kentucky want to recruit Tyus Jones, the Apple Valley junior point guard ranked by many as the No. 1 recruit in the country? After Kentucky got beat in the first round of the NIT by Robert Morris on Monday night in Pittsburgh, Wildcats coach John Calipari flew in Tuesday to watch Jones score 19 points and add seven assists in a 81-67 victory over Brainerd in the Class 4A state quarterfinals.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/199467141.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

Go Gophers!!

per Sid:

• How badly does Kentucky want to recruit Tyus Jones, the Apple Valley junior point guard ranked by many as the No. 1 recruit in the country? After Kentucky got beat in the first round of the NIT by Robert Morris on Monday night in Pittsburgh, Wildcats coach John Calipari flew in Tuesday to watch Jones score 19 points and add seven assists in a 81-67 victory over Brainerd in the Class 4A state quarterfinals.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/199467141.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

Go Gophers!!

Well.....After getting beat by Robert Morris in the NIT Calipari better be on a plane the next day recruiting somebody.

Izzo at Tyrus game tonight hours after winning an NCAA game. Private Jets are good tools.

TYUS

there is no R

Spell it with me now...

T-Y-U-S

Tyus looks very good overall but one thing I think a lot of people overlook is how good Tyus is on the defensive end of the floor as well.

It's hard to watch Tyus right now....with a feeling in your gut that there really is little chance that he will be in maroon and gold. He's going to be a good one!

It's hard to watch Tyus right now....with a feeling in your gut that there really is little chance that he will be in maroon and gold. He's going to be a good one!

This....think how much fun it would be watching them if we knew they were bound for MN? I can see both Tyus and Reid going to MSU and that would be like getting your nuts caught in a vice. Ugh....just ugh.

Does anybody know if Quinton Hooker of Park Center is being recruited by the Gophers? He is playing just as good as Tyus in the first half. He has a fast first step too.

Does anybody know if Quinton Hooker of Park Center is being recruited by the Gophers? He is playing just as good as Tyus in the first half. He has a fast first step too.

Hooker signed with North Dakota. The kid is a fun player to watch.

Go Gophers!!

A lesson for future high school students. Don't rush the court after beating a top 3 recruit in the country. Because he'll beat you when it counts.

Man, that kid is a calm, cool, GOOD player. Court vision looks to be off-the-charts. And did any of his 30 free throws even hit the rim?

Nit picking here - but I am curious - he had some trouble tonight finishing at the rim - even a tad wild a couple times. Was this an aberration in this game or is this something he needs to improve?

Any place except msu. I get so tired of hearing about izzo and his holier than thou act. He is a good coach but hasn't found a camera yet he doesn't like.

Seriously???? Did you see the game. Just as good???? Not even close. This man is a defensive whiz, a great rebounder, amazing passer and ball handler. Court vision? The best ever in MN.

Hooker is a good player, but he is in no way a Big Ten talent.

I'm very surprised to why the Gophers haven't offered Jarvis Johnson. Better offer before Iowa State gets him

I just watched the video and he is going to be a great player. What impresses me is his passing. The kid can shoot be he is not a selfish player and will give the ball up to the open man. Really a great player. He would be a program changer at Minnesota.

AP: Tyus Jones, Reid Travis share AP award

This time, Tyus Jones has to share the honor.

The Apple Valley junior point guard was named Monday the co-winner of the Minnesota Associated Press Player of the Year award for high school boys basketball, with DeLaSalle junior power forward Reid Travis. Jones was the sole recipient his sophomore season.

http://www.kare11.com/news/article/1018405/24/AVs-Jones-DeLaSalles-Travis-share-AP-award

Go Gophers!!

Goodman weighs in:

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanCBS 1m
Duke (just a gut). RT @jrthompson1985: @GoodmanCBS @zoneblitzcom where do you believe Tyus will end up going?

@gophersnow: Apple Valley coach Zach Goring said top 2014 recruit Tyus Jones might meet with the new #Gophers basketball coach Richard Pitino next week.

Go Gophers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom