Tyus Jones to Duke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but I am not just talking about tonights game. He is well under 30 for the season. I know the competition hasn't been as tough, but I'm hoping things pick up here soon

thats because we have been playing teams like Tennessee state and the game is over by halftime, there is no need to keep your best players in when the game is over, no need to risk injury when you don't need to play them, it really isn't that big of deal

I wonder what Tyus thinks when he sees Tubby playing his star PG under 30 minutes a night? The only shot I think we have at Tyus is if hes assured to play at least 35 min a night

Dre would have played more if needed, as Tubby showed in the MSU game. Dre had 3 fouls early in the second half. Thus, Tubby pulled him, as he should have.

As opposed to worrying that recruits would balk because the HC would sit starters in foul trouble, it's more likely that an athletic guy like Tyus or Vaughn would see Tubby's team for the potential it brings: when that athleticism is unleashed on the competition, it's showtime. There are few other programs in the country that can match the athleticism that Tubby Smith recruits to the U. The highlight-reel showtime type of excitement that guys like Rodney and Mbakwe and Dre bring to this program has brought a fun atmosphere and a bit of a national spotlight. I'm sure this is well noticed by elite recruits.

Tubby isn't going to get into the practice of changing in game coaching strategy to appease potential recruits, as he shouldn't.

I really hate this thread but I keep coming back.

Boo me.

Reusse is such a D-Bag.....

Tyus Jones and Rashad Vaughn did NOT cut Minnesota from their lists. @1500ESPN_Reusse was joking after the Gophers slow start to the game.

Reusse is an idiot, shouldn't call yourself a reporter and say stuff like that, actual reporters took him seriously

Chip Miller ‏@UKBIGBLUENATION
According to @1500ESPN_Reusse, 2014 Kentucky targets Tyus Jones and Rashad Vaughn announced at halftime that Minnesota is off their lists.

and many other people thought the same thing, I mean why wouldn't they, the guy is supposed to be a reporter and report things, and what about this tweet he had during the game? get this guy out of our market asap

Patrick Reusse ‏@1500ESPN_Reusse
Dear Gopher fans: Shut up and sit on your hands. You're embarrassing yourselves cheering this travesty.

I was starting to warm up to Pat over the last few weeks. This little comment of his really pisses me off. Now he's starting to mess with the program's themselves. If I'm Tubby, I'm sending him a lengthy email telling him to keep his stupid comments about his recruits to himself.

Hopefully he realizes the assembly line system they have their and doesn't want to be a part of it.

I like that he is planning trips when the Gophers are playing on the road.

It just warms my heart to see UNC and Kentucky struggling this season. Especially with both schools on Tyus' and Rashad's lists. And in turn, our Gophers doing well.

I honestly think that Duke is the only real threat to our getting either or both players. Okafar's influence could be an issue, as could our screwing up our good season, either of our own actions(bad play) or injuries, etc..

Our biggest threat when it comes to Reid, is Harvard and Stanford.

So we need to hope that Duke has peaked in November like has been the case in the past, and stumbles early in the Big Dance and we kick butt. Might not be enough if Okafar truly dislikes Minnesota and is truly one of Tyus' best friends, but then again, Tyus' might come to realize that maybe Okafar is not looking out for Tyus' best interests, but his own? Which can be said of the Gopher's and UK and Duke as well, obviously. But if Tyus is smart, he'll do what is in his best interest, and he may come to feel thats leaving home and going to play at Duke? If he does, I hope only the best for him. Same with Rashad and Reid. But it sure would be nice for the Gophers to catch a break, just once, and to nab them a #1 recruiting class that would have a huge impact on the program for a very long time.

I think tyus would love the exposure at duke or UK. I really think he picks one of those, but I really wish he, Vaughn, and Reid get together and realize the opportunity they would have here. Those 3 alone with the talent that will still be here instantly makes them a NC contender

C'mon Gopherhole - he's staying home! Tyus will be a Gopher along with Vaughn. What a class we will have!

Our biggest threat when it comes to Reid, is Harvard and Stanford.

Not sure why you aren't including Michigan State in that list. The De La Salle coaches love Izzo, they were very happy with the way Alan Anderson developed there and the way he was treated while he was there, and in the years since he left. They are a big threat for Travis' services.

Go Gophers!!

Says he doesn't have a favorite 'past' Gopher player. Well, that says a little bit right there. He might get along with Tubby and Co. fine, but he's clearly never been attached to the team in any way.

Another of Chris Monter's great interviews. Thank you Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom