Tyus Jones to Duke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not counting on it, but that is 16 days away. If they are really resting him to get this healed, I'd hope he'd recover in 16 days. Plus you know he's gonna wanna play against Rashad.

anyone know if we can get out tickets in advance this year? or will it be like last year where you have to buy them the day of the shootout, also besides AV/Cooper, what are other matchups that day?

There will be plenty of empty seats and sleepy D1 coaches. Just show up whenever you feel like it.

per Sid:

"According to Rob Jones, father of Apple Valley basketball standout Tyus Jones, his son started to have problems with back spasms two weeks ago, and the back continues to trouble him. It is day-to-day on when Tyus, a junior guard, will play again."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/184519961.html

Go Gophers!!

When he fell during the game he was holding his knee/ankle. Then he limped off the floor into the locker room. Couldn't have guessed it was an issue with his back by the looks of it.

Tweet
Tyus Jones ‏@Tyusjones06
Headed down to the Barn to watch the Minnesota vs Michigan St game. Should be good. Always fun to see 2 of my final 8 schools go at it!!

Let's get those students to make some signs and do some cheers for him today! Make sure he knows the fanbase would LOVE him here!

I hope there are signs and cheers for all three: Travis, jones and Vaughn.

Ryan James ‏@RyanJamesMN
Tyus Jones is the first recruit in the building for today's Minnesota versus Michigan State game

from twitter

The winner of this game will receive the commitment from Tyus.:cheer:

Tyus is on a retweet spree of tweets about the chant being heard on TV. Looks like he appreciated it!

Ryan James also noted that Tyus & his family sat behind the Gopher bench, Tubby's wife & Tyus' Mom were chatting it up all game & that Tyus & family went to the tunnel to high-5 the Gopher players as they took the floor. If Tyus goes elsewhere it won't be because Tubby didn't recruit him hard or that we're a bad team.

Shooter Now: Gophers' win witnessed by Tyus Jones, other top recruits

"It was good to see both teams out there, and I was pretty neutral throughout the game, and the Gophers played really well," Jones, 16, said. "It's definitely something you consider, but you still have to look at more than just who won the game."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci...rce=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Go Gophers!!

Gopher front line production a big? next season, Tyus Knows that so a post season run would be great he may factor in the U of M front line prospects for 2014/2015

@preps_now: Look for @Tyusjones06 to play Friday against Eastview and Saturday against Cooper.

Go Gophers!!

Shooter Now: Gophers' win witnessed by Tyus Jones, other top recruits

"It was good to see both teams out there, and I was pretty neutral throughout the game, and the Gophers played really well," Jones, 16, said. "It's definitely something you consider, but you still have to look at more than just who won the game."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci...rce=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Go Gophers!!

"pretty neutral throughout the game", so, he's obviously not a natural Gopher fan. Seems like if we had shot with the kid, you'd think he'd have to be a fan of the team growing up here.

"pretty neutral throughout the game", so, he's obviously not a natural Gopher fan. Seems like if we had shot with the kid, you'd think he'd have to be a fan of the team growing up here.

I wouldn't read into it too much, he's probably just being PC. Not saying he is a Gopher fan by any means, I just don't think that comment means much.

Apple Valley def Eastview 61-52. Tyus Jones 11 pts 8 ast. D Fronk 24. Ben Oberfeld 23 and 10, was not really impressed by Tyus tonight, but that could be just because he is coming off the injury and isn't 100% yet

I hate asking for requests but can someone take pics of Tyus at game for me and post them here, my 6 year old nephew wanted to go see tyus (his favorite player) and I wanted to take him but he got bitten by the flu bug and couldn't go, he told me to take pics for him and I said yeah not realizing that camera on my phone is not working for some reason, I would really appreciate it if someone can take the pics for me and just post them here

I hate asking for requests but can someone take pics of Tyus at game for me and post them here, my 6 year old nephew wanted to go see tyus (his favorite player) and I wanted to take him but he got bitten by the flu bug and couldn't go, he told me to take pics for him and I said yeah not realizing that camera on my phone is not working for some reason, I would really appreciate it if someone can take the pics for me and just post them here

I'm at center court about 4 rows up. I'll try to get a few of him. My camera doesn't zoom well as its an iPhone but I'll get a few.

I'll get them uploaded here tonight after the Vikes. I got some good ones during warm ups and introductions.

EDIT: Got home earlier than expected and got them up before the Vikings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom