Tyus Jones to Duke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some of the better quality ones I was able to get with my phone. Most are of Tyus with a few pictures of Reid and Vaughn sprinkled in. I posted them as links as I didn't want to resize them for better viewing on a message board in case your son wanted to keep them or print them out. Most of them are pretty clear except for the ones that I zoomed on which might appear a little pixelated at full size. Hope your son likes them!

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Picture 4

Picture 5

Picture 6

Picture 7

Picture 8

Picture 9

Here are some of the better quality ones I was able to get with my phone. Most are of Tyus with a few pictures of Reid and Vaughn sprinkled in. I posted them as links as I didn't want to resize them for better viewing on a message board in case your son wanted to keep them or print them out. Most of them are pretty clear except for the ones that I zoomed on which might appear a little pixelated at full size. Hope your son likes them!

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Picture 4

Picture 5

Picture 6

Picture 7

Picture 8

Picture 9

Nice! My dad and I are in most of these!

Ben Roberts ‏@NextCats
Jahlil Okafor on Tyus Jones: "I talk to him every day... He's my best friend." They still plan to attend same school. Both have UK on list.

the guy covers UK, its why he brought them up, but yeah, I really dislike the relationship Tyus and Jahil have from a gopher fan perspective anyway. I honestly think he is our biggest hurdle to getting Tyus, and I don't think he wants anything to do with the gophers which would be fine with me if he wasn't taking the local kid away with him

the guy covers UK, its why he brought them up, but yeah, I really dislike the relationship Tyus and Jahil have from a gopher fan perspective anyway. I honestly think he is our biggest hurdle to getting Tyus, and I don't think he wants anything to do with the gophers which would be fine with me if he wasn't taking the local kid away with him

Positive for us though is that Karl Towns Jr. (2nd C in the class of 2014) committed to Kentucky yesterday. I'm worried about Duke because they both have offers from Duke. Why hasn't Tubby offered Okafor if this is the case. Tubby must not think he can get Tyus.

Tyrus and Vaughn!
Tyrus and Vaughn!
Tyrus and Vaughn!
Tyrus and Vaughn!
Tyrus and Vaughn!
Tyrus and Vaughn!
Tyrus and Vaughn!
Tyrus and Vaughn!
Tyrus and Vaughn!
Tyrus and Vaughn!
Tyrus and Vaughn!

Tyrus and Vaughn!
Tyrus and Vaughn!
Tyrus and Vaughn!
Tyrus and Vaughn!
Tyrus and Vaughn!
Tyrus and Vaughn!
Tyrus and Vaughn!
Tyrus and Vaughn!
Tyrus and Vaughn!
Tyrus and Vaughn!
Tyrus and Vaughn!

Tyus, Vaughn and Travis!

Positive for us though is that Karl Towns Jr. (2nd C in the class of 2014) committed to Kentucky yesterday. I'm worried about Duke because they both have offers from Duke. Why hasn't Tubby offered Okafor if this is the case. Tubby must not think he can get Tyus.

I think Tubby did offer Jahlil Okafor awhile back, Rivals doesn't list a Minnesota offer, but they don't list Duke or Kentucky offers either.

I think Tubby did offer Jahlil Okafor awhile back, Rivals doesn't list a Minnesota offer, but they don't list Duke or Kentucky offers either.

He has an offer but won't come in for a visit is what I think was concluded a couple months ago.

Jahil Okafor has been offered by the gophers. Tubby and Tyus have tried to get him here for a visit, but he pretty much wants nothing to do with the gophers, I mean I don't blame him, he is from chicago and a top recruit(1st on some sites) and has no connection to the state, would be like a top10 recruit from Minnesota choosing to play for Washington or West Virginia even though he has no connection there, so I understand it from his perspective, just annoys me that he will probably be why Tyus picks to play elsewhere. I honestly think Tyus loves it here in Minnesota, he is a big Minnesota sports fan ( and gets VIP treatment at sporting events) and would love to stay but the thought of teaming up with a ("best" according to okafor) friend and the number 2 recruit in the nation is more tempting to Tyus, and I understand that from his perspective, still ticks me off though. Wish he was closer with vaughn, but I don't think there is much of a relationship there if at all, but Tyus does have to do what is best for him, just sucks from a gopher fan perspective

Tyrus and Vaughn!
Tyrus and Vaughn!
Tyrus and Vaughn!
Tyrus and Vaughn!
Tyrus and Vaughn!
Tyrus and Vaughn!
Tyrus and Vaughn!
Tyrus and Vaughn!
Tyrus and Vaughn!
Tyrus and Vaughn!
Tyrus and Vaughn!

Who's Tyrus?

@GuyHawkes My bad. I didn't see it listed anywhere so I didn't think he offered but I'm glad he has. Who knows though a lot can change from now until when these guys commit. If the Gophers fan base keeps showing love to Tyus and our coaching staff keeps perusing him maybe Tyus can convince Okafor. Or maybe he tells Okafor he's gotta do his own thing and they go to different schools.

I think the part where he's very supportive of hometown teams is key. I think that gives us a chance. But the team has to keep doing well, the fans have to show a lot of love to Tyus and the coaching staff has to keep pushing hard to get him. I really really want us to get this guy. Him, Vaughn and Reid could be the Minnesota Big 3.

Patrick Reusse ‏@1500ESPN_Reusse
Tyus Jones & Rashad Vaughn both announced at halftime that University of Minnesota is off their lists.

Tyus Jones ‏@Tyusjones06
@1500ESPN_Reusse you have incorrect information sir..

Patrick Reusse ‏@1500ESPN_Reusse
Thank, god. You weren't watching. @Tyusjones06 You have incorrect information, sir.

Twitter exchange

This so called Journalist just about gave half of Minnesota heart attacks

So is it OK for a "journalist" to post lies about a High School player? Just ignore the clown. Don't mention his name, visit his website, etc. Complete boycott.

So is it OK for a "journalist" to post lies about a High School player? Just ignore the clown. Don't mention his name, visit his website, etc. Complete boycott.

Even though I don't like him much I think he meant it as a joke.

It was just a comedic jab at the lack of offense in the first. MN is too sensitive to handle it.

That said I still can't stand him.

It was just a comedic jab at the lack of offense in the first. MN is too sensitive to handle it.

That said I still can't stand him.

I'll be honest, I didn't get the joke, thought he was doing it just to be a jerk, was not at all thinking at all about the terrible 1st half being what he was going after since I didn't see the tweet until after the game and didn't really have 1st half in my mind...makes sense now

For all we know Tyus and Reusse have a good relationship and get each other's sense of humor.

I wonder what Tyus thinks when he sees Tubby playing his star PG under 30 minutes a night? The only shot I think we have at Tyus is if hes assured to play at least 35 min a night

I wonder what Tyus thinks when he sees Tubby playing his star PG under 30 minutes a night? The only shot I think we have at Tyus is if hes assured to play at least 35 min a night

Dre had foul trouble (2 in the first half and the third happening within two minutes of the second half) and the last five minutes were essentially garbage time. I expect him to play more in closer games when he has less fouls.

Dre was in foul trouble and than we pulled away hence the limited minutes

True, but I am not just talking about tonights game. He is well under 30 for the season. I know the competition hasn't been as tough, but I'm hoping things pick up here soon

Did you watch the game? He was in foul trouble. Pretty standard to sit a player with 2 fouls in the first half and a quick third in the second half.

True, but I am not just talking about tonights game. He is well under 30 for the season. I know the competition hasn't been as tough, but I'm hoping things pick up here soon

I assure you it will now that we are into the B1G season. Any team's starters are going to have reduced minutes during the noncon so that reserves can get some experience in noncompetitive games.

When that star PG gets into early foul trouble, I'm sure Tyus is smart enough to understand that it's best to sit him down for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom