Tyus Jones to Duke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Dre played the 2 at White Station HS until Tubby requested that he played PG. I'm not sure where he played for AAU.

Marcus blog: Gophers recruiting: The impact of Duke game on landing No. 1 prospect Tyus Jones

“They’re two of the schools I’m considering, and one team being the home school,” Jones told the Pioneer Press. “It will definitely be cool. It’ll definitely be interesting to watch it. It’ll be fun.”

It’s still important to see the Gophers beat some highly ranked teams this season and make it back to the NCAA tournament, Jones’ mother, Debbie, said. But it’s not the biggest factor.

“Winning is always important,” Debbie said. “It helps build a good program, but I don’t know that (Tyus) would make a decision on that.”

http://blogs.twincities.com/gophers...nes-excited-about-the-duke-vs-minnesota-game/

Go Gophers!!

I am not so sure about Andre at the 2. He is pretty undersized to play the 2 for long periods of time. Just my opinion.

I am in no way saying we shouldn't do all we can to land Tyus, I am merely saying if we miss, we are missing at a position of strength. If we land Vaughn and Travis, we are still going to have a team capable of playing in the top of the big 16. If we land all 3, I'll buy myself a 50 year old bottle of scotch and enjoy a run to the final 4.

If you had to pick, would you rather have a backcourt of Andre and Vaughn or Andre and Tyus? If I had to choose, I actually lean towards Andre and Vaughn.

For one year. Andre would be a senior when Tyus is a freshman. I don't think it's even close to a given Tyus is a one and done player.

I remember a Tyus quote about how Tyus was going to pay close attention to Dre Hollins development as a Gopher. Well I hope Tyus was watching Dre Hollins drop 41 on Memphis.

I remember a Tyus quote about how Tyus was going to pay close attention to Dre Hollins development as a Gopher. Well I hope Tyus was watching Dre Hollins drop 41 on Memphis.

Totally valid comment...Tyus, did ya see what a point guard can do with Tubby?

Totally valid comment...Tyus, did ya see what a point guard can do with Tubby?

What? I thought players didn't get better under Tubby. Mav has clearly regressed from his first games as a Gopher.

Hopefully the play of Dre will ease the pain when Tyus splits and plays for Duke.

College basketball is a guard's game & the more good ones you have, the better. The year that Tyus would potentially come in, would be right after Austin & Mav have graduated leaving Dre (a Senior) & hopefully Tyus. Who plays PG, who plays SG, who cares? Plenty of PT for both.

College basketball is a guard's game & the more good ones you have, the better. The year that Tyus would potentially come in, would be right after Austin & Mav have graduated leaving Dre (a Senior) & hopefully Tyus. Who plays PG, who plays SG, who cares? Plenty of PT for both.

Don't forget to put Vaughn in that mix as well... Too much optimism?

Andre keeps this up and he'll be gone before Tyus could arrive

Andre keeps this up and he'll be gone before Tyus could arrive

Andre's too short to play shooting guard in the NBA and his ball handling would have to improve a lot to play PG there. He looks like a 4 year college player to me. But who knows. He could be an all american by the time he's a senior here.

Heard on the radio (KFAN) this Morning Tyus has autographs in his room from coach K saying "see you in a couple years."

Heard on the radio (KFAN) this Morning Tyus has autographs in his room from coach K saying "see you in a couple years."

If true, that's not a good sign at all, but not the dagger.

If true, that's not a good sign at all, but not the dagger.

It's the "assumptive close". It doesn't mean a thing. I'm sure Tubby has sent letters to him saying "can't wait to see you in maroon and gold" or something like that.

People, you are so setting yourselves up for disappointment. I can deal with this thread if people realize what a long shot Tyus is. Is there a chance, yes, but not much more that Jim Carey in dumb and dumber. If he comes to the U, he could be a legend and may be loved forever around here, but how do you blame a kid for wanting to go to Duke? If it's Duke or MSU, I wish him the best. If it's UK, well, that's all I need to know about the Kid. As for me, I will be rooting for the dude that's already decided to be a Gopher. Let's go Dre! Thanks for being a Gopher.

Not to be a downer, but I think we should focus on Vaughn and Travis. Very very small chance Tyus is coming here.

Not to be a downer, but I think we should focus on Vaughn and Travis. Very very small chance Tyus is coming here.

Doesn't mean you shouldn't try.

I wouldn't look into the K note at all. Jones has also been attending Gopher games.

People, you are so setting yourselves up for disappointment. I can deal with this thread if people realize what a long shot Tyus is. Is there a chance, yes, but not much more that Jim Carey in dumb and dumber. If he comes to the U, he could be a legend and may be loved forever around here, but how do you blame a kid for wanting to go to Duke? If it's Duke or MSU, I wish him the best. If it's UK, well, that's all I need to know about the Kid. As for me, I will be rooting for the dude that's already decided to be a Gopher. Let's go Dre! Thanks for being a Gopher.

What would be wrong with him going to UK? Calipari does have a pretty good track record of getting his players in the NBA.

What would be wrong with him going to UK? Calipari does have a pretty good track record of getting his players in the NBA.

That's just me and my feelings for Calipari, I think he is a piece of crap and hate what he's doing at UK. Tyus will go to the NBA whether he does to UK, Duke MSU or the Gophers.

Yes, because he gets the best prospects this country has to offer. If the #1 player went to NDSU he would get to the NBA too. Calipari is a good coach, but he's not the one getting them to the NBA, the players are getting themselves there.

If Izzo, Calipari, Roy Williams, and Bill Self all sent him the exact same thing, he would put all of them in his room too. Doesn't mean he's going there. Just means it's cool to have a big-time coach sending you something like that. Doesn't happen to many people, so why not take pride in it and display it? I would do the same thing regardless of where I intended to go to school.

Maybe Coach K figures that Duke will be playing the Gophers in two years.

According to ZagsBlog.com, Coach Cal visited Tyus yesterday:

Kentucky coach John Calipari paid a visit to 2014 point guard Tyus Jones of Apple Valley (Minn.) on Monday.

“He flew up and watched a practice,” Apple Valley coach Zach Goring told SNY.tv.

“This is his third time up now. They’re really interested in him. ESPN has him as the No. 1 kid in the country. I know [Calipari] likes him, that’s for sure.”

http://zagsblog.com/articles/calipari-visits-2014-point-guard-tyus-jones/

Go Gophers!!

According to ZagsBlog.com, Coach Cal visited Tyus yesterday:

Kentucky coach John Calipari paid a visit to 2014 point guard Tyus Jones of Apple Valley (Minn.) on Monday.

“He flew up and watched a practice,” Apple Valley coach Zach Goring told SNY.tv.

“This is his third time up now. They’re really interested in him. ESPN has him as the No. 1 kid in the country. I know [Calipari] likes him, that’s for sure.”

http://zagsblog.com/articles/calipari-visits-2014-point-guard-tyus-jones/

Go Gophers!!

Geez, he probably became ineligibe the moment Calipari entered the gym.

@FSNtylermason: Tyus Jones, on the #Gophers: "If I wasn’t strongly considering them, they wouldn’t be one of my final eight."

Go Gophers!!

@FSNtylermason: Tyus Jones, on the #Gophers: "If I wasn’t strongly considering them, they wouldn’t be one of my final eight."

Go Gophers!!

I guess I present this question to Gopher BB Fans: If Tyus Jones becomes a Gopher, will you buy a season ticket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom