Tyus Jones to Duke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because when I think Minnesota Middle School Basketball, I think "Ballers Swag Elite".

But I like how all of the highlights in the video are cut short as I imagine just about all of those layups are misses.

Gross. What are they thinking?

I don't know how legit this blog site I was reading is, but for their top10 for the class of 2018(how long before we start ranking them from the time they are born?) they have Tre listed as 8th. If you were wondering, the number 1 player for that class is some kid named Marquis Nowell, and just in case you didn't have enough highlights of middle schools kids, here are some highlights of Nowell

and to answer you comments in advance, yes, I know, I need a life, btw, there are highlights of class 2019 players already on youtube

That video is no good, it doesn't have a hip hop beat on top of it...

Also, nice ode to Gilbert Arenas on the FT routine lol, I think Mo Williams does it too

The behind the back on the free throw made me throw up a little in my mouth ....Wth?

@mrosemn: Izzo, Matta here for @Tyusjones06 viewing party.

Go Gophers!!

Okafor...

Jahlil Okafor ‏@jahprobound
Brodie's @Tyusjones06 first game is tonight! Game just started. Sure he's about to go nuts! Someone keep me updated on how he's doing.

Tyus Jones drops 33 in what one tweet describes as "effortless." Gonna be a special season for AV. Go out and see him whenever you get a chance. It's a treat. I'm looking forward to my visit of the year. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

I'm sure some of you guys remember Cash Eggleston. Anyone know if he even played college basketball?

I'm sure some of you guys remember Cash Eggleston. Anyone know if he even played college basketball?

I don't believe he ever did. It does speak to the dangers of piling on these kids who you don't even know if they're gonna grow, honestly. Then you have guys like Anthony Davis who popped like 8 inches as a junior or whatever and turns him into a dominant big rather than an average guard. Might as well wait till guys are juniors lol.

if they have a GREAT relationship then okafor will follow Tyus To the U. otherwise great relationship is no more than empty words

if they have a GREAT relationship then okafor will follow Tyus To the U. otherwise great relationship is no more than empty words

Or at the very least give the place a visit. Not much of a friend of you won't visit a school that Tyus has in the Top 10.

per Doogie: "After a late morning game on Saturday, Kentucky basketball coach John Calipari is expected to take a private jet into town. He'll be at Minnetonka High School on Saturday night to see Apple Valley's Tyus Jones and Cooper's Rashad Vaughn."

Poor John will have to land in a blizzard.

Shama: The Right Hero for Tyus Jones

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

"The family follows the Gophers and while Tyus indicated Minnesota could be his final choice no one can count on that. Sally said if he chooses a school other than the Gophers “we hope he’s on TV a lot.” Mom is prepared to buy a “ton of airline tickets.”

for those of you who missed a hell of game over the weekend, I was able to find some highlights of it, Park Center rallied and won 72-70

for those of you who missed a hell of game over the weekend, I was able to find some highlights of it, Park Center rallied and won 72-70

The number 8 team in the state rushed the court after winning. Sad.

come on now, they beat the best player in the nation, plus they are high school kids, they don't know any better, let them have their fun

per Doogie: "Told Kansas coach Bill Self will double-dip here today. He'll watch Vaughn at Cooper's practice then be at 'Tonka HS tonight for Tyus."

Go Gophers!!

per Doogie: "Told Kansas coach Bill Self will double-dip here today. He'll watch Vaughn at Cooper's practice then be at 'Tonka HS tonight for Tyus."

Go Gophers!!

Just out of curiosity, does Doogie ever twit when Tubby or Vince is recruiting? My sources in Apple Valley say they see them around a lot, certainly not violating any NCAA recruitingrules, I am sure.

Just out of curiosity, does Doogie ever twit when Tubby or Vince is recruiting? My sources in Apple Valley say they see them around a lot, certainly not violating any NCAA recruitingrules, I am sure.

That doesn't stir the pot like the ones we've seen from him. Seems like the MPLS press would rather troll than risk being homerish or even fair. It's unbelievable how much different the local media is in the cities compared to Madison.

Go Gophers!!
Coach K there also along with a few others. Tyus gets 35 or so in the win over 'Tonka.

Recruiting Source: Tyus Jones, Jahlil Okafor Like Duke

“This recruitment isn’t closed by any means,” said the source. “Tyus and Jahlil are doing their due diligence and won’t rush a decision. They’re looking into all the schools on their list.”

The source continued: “But in talking to them, they were glowing about Duke in a way that was unlike their reaction to any other school.”

Jones, the No. 1 point guard in the class, trimmed his list to eight last month (Baylor, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan State, Minnesota, North Carolina and Ohio State). Okafor’s list, meanwhile, is wide open, covering many of the same schools on Jones’ list on top of several others. Duke, Kentucky, Michigan State, North Carolina and Ohio State are the five programs that appear on both lists.

Jones is very high on Minnesota (the in-state school), but if he and Okafor are serious about linking up in college—and they are—he’ll have to look in another direction. Okafor, per the source, is unlikely to add Minnesota to his list.

http://bustingbrackets.com/2012/12/11/recruiting-source-tyus-jones-jahlil-okafor-like-duke/

Go Gophers!!

Recruiting Source: Tyus Jones, Jahlil Okafor Like Duke

“This recruitment isn’t closed by any means,” said the source. “Tyus and Jahlil are doing their due diligence and won’t rush a decision. They’re looking into all the schools on their list.”

The source continued: “But in talking to them, they were glowing about Duke in a way that was unlike their reaction to any other school.”

Jones, the No. 1 point guard in the class, trimmed his list to eight last month (Baylor, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan State, Minnesota, North Carolina and Ohio State). Okafor’s list, meanwhile, is wide open, covering many of the same schools on Jones’ list on top of several others. Duke, Kentucky, Michigan State, North Carolina and Ohio State are the five programs that appear on both lists.

Jones is very high on Minnesota (the in-state school), but if he and Okafor are serious about linking up in college—and they are—he’ll have to look in another direction. Okafor, per the source, is unlikely to add Minnesota to his list.

http://bustingbrackets.com/2012/12/11/recruiting-source-tyus-jones-jahlil-okafor-like-duke/

Go Gophers!!

I'll be honest, I am getting a bit tired of this... would be thrilled if Tyrus wants to join us, but if not, it is literally probably for the best... all parties have to be on the same page...

it's all speculation, and "early" speculation at that, at this stage in terms of where he may go... he seems like a good kid so best of luck to him

that said, whether Tyrus joins or not, I am optimistic and think we have at least two great years ahead of us (this year and next year) for Gopher basketball

I'll be honest, I am getting a bit tired of this... would be thrilled if Tyrus wants to join us, but if not, it is literally probably for the best... all parties have to be on the same page...

it's all speculation, and "early" speculation at that, at this stage in terms of where he may go... he seems like a good kid so best of luck to him

that said, whether Tyrus joins or not, I am optimistic and think we have at least two great years ahead of us (this year and next year) for Gopher basketball

Seriously, the #1 recruit in the nation right here in MN, and you can't even get his name right? (twice)

Nice little match up last night with Riley Dearring guarding Jones occasionally. Dearring picked up his fifth during the task. Everyone wanted to be so physical with him. One of his biggest assets is staying cool. I could easily see any other high school player losing their temper. Another poster started a thread about the big Apple Valley 9th grader, Bertram. He is impressive.

Ditto.

From a very unreliable source... One of my son's good friends plays hoops at Apple Valley. This came up and I asked him about it and the Gophers chances. He laughed like he couldn't believe I was serious and he said, the dude is going to Duke, wouldn't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom