Tyus Jones to Duke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Myron's old newspaper has done at least two stories on the front page of the sports section of the young man. One of the features included a nearly full-page cover photo. I doubt any other newspapers from around the country have done that yet. Myron is once again proving he is nearly clueless.

Ryan James - as usual - is right on the money with his responses.

I think the trio of Tyus, Okafor, and Rashad should just all commit to the Gophers and stop this charade of pretending they are really considering other schools. :)

Monty519 said:
I think the trio of Tyus, Okafor, and Rashad should just all commit to the Gophers and stop this charade of pretending they are really considering other schools. :)

+1,000,000

It is an insider article on rivals, put supposedly Tyus and Okafor have added a third 2014 prospect that they wish to play with in college. Fingers crossed it is Vaughn.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals....t=content.asp&cid=1389578&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

Okafor, Jones add third 2014 prospect to plans

Tracy McDannald
GOAZCATS.com

Find out who Jahlil Okafor and good friend Tyus Jones added to their list of 2014 prospects they wish to play with in college.

...More... To continue reading this article you must be a member. Sign Up Now for a FREE Trial

Theo pinson

According to rivals he is a Duke lean. I could at least stomach Tyus going there as opposed to UK or a different Big10 team. Hoping somehow Tubby makes this happen for the Gophers though, but hope is fading.

According to rivals he is a Duke lean. I could at least stomach Tyus going there as opposed to UK or a different Big10 team. Hoping somehow Tubby makes this happen for the Gophers though, but hope is fading.

3 top hs players putting themselves out there as a package deal. A "big 3" if you will. I wonder where they got this idea from. More power to them, but not that we didn't know it already, but time to move on.

Does anyone know if duke has 3 scholarships?

Ryan James said in his notes at GI that Tubby's been working hard to get Okafor in for a visit. It still seem like a snowball's chance in hell, but if he can even get Okafor to come look I'd be impressed. That said, we should have 3 schollies available if they're serious about playing together, would Duke or Mich St?

Ryan James said in his notes at GI that Tubby's been working hard to get Okafor in for a visit. It still seem like a snowball's chance in hell, but if he can even get Okafor to come look I'd be impressed. That said, we should have 3 schollies available if they're serious about playing together, would Duke or Mich St?

For the love of gawd, could you imagine a recruiting class of Tyus, Okafor, and Vaughn? And if you could add Pinson to the list? That would be the top recruiting class in the nation. Personally, I'll be happy with one of those names and ecstatic with more.

If the 3 of 'em are serious about all going to the same place, we can cross the Gophers off Tyus' list. Those kind of statements usually mean a Kentucky, Kansas, North Carolina or Michigan State type program.

Any chance the Gophers have of getting Tyus rests solely on a dynamite season (top 3-4 B1G finish + at least a Sweet 16) in 2012-13. It's that simple. Anything short of that and I can't see any way he's signing with us. Hope I'm wrong.

Tyus is exactly the kind of recruit we hired Tubby for. ... gotta' keep the truly elite in-state kids at home.

Here is an ... interesting lol ... picture posted by the twitter account @TyusJahlilDuo ... it is a fan account. It was posted today, but not sure when it may actually be from. ANYWAYS, notice the logo on the shorts that Tyus Jones is wearing.
AzDY1iUCAAEKHVH.jpg

Takes a lot of courage for two young athletes to publish a pic of themselves snuggling in bed together. Not that there's anything wrong with that of course :)

Here is an ... interesting lol ... picture posted by the twitter account @TyusJahlilDuo ... it is a fan account. It was posted today, but not sure when it may actually be from. ANYWAYS, notice the logo on the shorts that Tyus Jones is wearing.
View attachment 1631

I agree, a Sweet 16 run & Dre getting showcased Nationally are probably our best shot. That said, the longest journey begins with the first step & If Tubby can Okafor on campus for a visit, it'd be huge.

If the 3 of 'em are serious about all going to the same place, we can cross the Gophers off Tyus' list. Those kind of statements usually mean a Kentucky, Kansas, North Carolina or Michigan State type program.

Any chance the Gophers have of getting Tyus rests solely on a dynamite season (top 3-4 B1G finish + at least a Sweet 16) in 2012-13. It's that simple Anything short of that and I can't see any way he's signing with us. Hope I'm wrong. Tyus is the kind of recruit we hired Tubby for. ... gotta' keep the truly elite in-state kids at home.

I agree, a Sweet 16 run & Dre getting showcased Nationally are probably our best shot. That said, the longest journey begins with the first step & If Tubby can Okafor on campus for a visit, it'd be huge.

Even if the gophs went elite 8 and had 23 plus wins, he is not coming here. He wants to play at a Duke or UK school (traditionally highly rated bball college). He is a 1 and done'r anyways...time to look at Broman folks!

Even if the gophs went elite 8 and had 23 plus wins, he is not coming here. He wants to play at a Duke or UK school (traditionally highly rated bball college). He is a 1 and done'r anyways...time to look at Broman folks!
Over? Not until we say it is. The new trio will most likely going to be deciding next summer after we do some damage in the tournament and have 2 players drafted in the 1st round.

I can't even take you seriously as a human being after reading this post.

I agree with BuckyGophers sentiment, if Jones is serious about a package deal he is looking to be a 1 and done. A one and done for the Gophers is just a blip on the horizon and won't do that much for the program, I.E Humphries. If that is the case it might be better to look elswhere. It's going to be another 9 months before you have to start thinking in those terms anyway though.

I agree with BuckyGophers sentiment, if Jones is serious about a package deal he is looking to be a 1 and done. A one and done for the Gophers is just a blip on the horizon and won't do that much for the program, I.E Humphries. If that is the case it might be better to look elswhere. It's going to be another 9 months before you have to start thinking in those terms anyway though.

The only thing that Tyus and Kris would have in common is being a one and done. The words "cancer" or "ball-hog" or "selfish" have never been used to describe Tyus. It is a poor comparison, IMO. Even one year of Tyus Jones would do more for the Gopher program than 4 years of Kris Humphries ever could have. I don't hate Kris as much as many do, but he doesn't even belong in the same sentence as Tyus.

A year of Tyus and Jalil and a final four run would do wonders for recruiting. Heck, Tyus and Jalil would make us national championship contenders and a top 5 pre season ranking. If you think that wouldn't do anything for recruiting you are kidding yourself.

You really haven't put much thought into this. Tyus is exactly the type of point guard players want to play with. He would single handedly bring in other recruits that we likely otherwise wouldn't have gotten whether he is here for one year or 4 years. That in and of itself would help the program in the long run. Also, having a very good year with him would obviously help future recruiting. If prospects watch the Gophers having success they're going to have more respect for the program and thus take us more seriously if/when we recruit them. Other younger Minnesota prospects might look up to him and want to play for the Gophers just like he did (if he comes here). Tyus playing for the Gophers for even one year would be phenomenal for the program in many ways.

A year of Tyus and Jalil and a final four run would do wonders for recruiting. Heck, Tyus and Jalil would make us national championship contenders and a top 5 pre season ranking. If you think that wouldn't do anything for recruiting you are kidding yourself.

You have a chance for Jones, I don't believe you have a chance at a package(Okafor), how much and how long do you put into pursuing that at the expense of losing a chance at other players. If it appears that Jones is bent on going the package route I say don't wait to long, next year at this time would be to long for me.

It is fun to think about what our team would look like with Tyus, Okafor, and Vaughn. Our senior class in 2014 would be Dre, Joe, Oto, Mo, and EE. Then our junior class would be Buggs and Ellenson. That is a pretty damn intriguing 10 man roster.

You / Our

You have a chance for Jones, I don't believe you have a chance at a package(Okafor), how much and how long do you put into pursuing that at the expense of losing a chance at other players. If it appears that Jones is bent on going the package route I say don't wait to long, next year at this time would be to long for me.

He doesn't even mention Minnesota in this article, not sure he is headed our way.

Any other visits planned for the near future?

I’m not actually sure which ones, but I think I’m definitely going to one in Wisconsin, maybe Iowa State, Kansas State, and then the last two would be Michigan or Michigan State. I’m not exactly sure yet.”

http://www.umhoops.com/2012/07/02/qa-vitto-brown-visits-michigan-one-to-watch-in-july/

Another non-gopher fan on GH... Strange group of posters we have here.

I am sorry for being a realist. He does not want to go to the U, face facts, move on and get a commitment out of Broman. There is a reason that everytime he talks about schools, Duke is the first thing that comes out of his mouth.

I am sorry for being a realist. He does not want to go to the U, face facts, move on and get a commitment out of Broman. There is a reason that everytime he talks about schools, Duke is the first thing that comes out of his mouth.

I'm not calling you out for having the opinion that he won't come here. I'm calling you out because you act as if losing out on him wouldn't be that big of a deal since he might be one and done. That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. You also think we should get Broman instead, out of all people. No disrespect to Broman, he's a solid player and probably a good kid, but we can do much, much better than that. They also aren't even in the same class (nor are they the same position), so our second option for Tyus would definitely be someone else. The post just really didn't make any sense.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/77mFjcpLUV8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

@RyanJamesMN: 5 star PG Tyus Jones has added North Carolina to his massive collection of offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom