Tyus Jones to Duke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doogie tweet: "Tubby Smith took in Tyus Jones/A. Valley vs. Lakeville So. tonight. Jones won't eliminate the #Gophers, but good chance he goes elsewhere."

Monter tweet: "Tyus Jones had 27 for Eagles. Fronk added 16, Layman 15, Austin 10. Bzoskie lead Lakeville South with 13, Kix 11, Sandborn and Heller 10 each."

Go Gophers!!

I wonder if Doogie is just speculating so that if Tyus does go elsewhere he looks like a genius? Hmm...

I wonder if Doogie is just speculating so that if Tyus does go elsewhere he looks like a genius? Hmm...

Haha no kidding. Doogie: If you see this, any basis for that remark beyond what's already general knowledge (his notable offers, allegiance to MSU growing up, etc.)?

Thats what Doogie does, he speculates. He has no information on where Tyus is going probably because Tyus likely does not know where he is going. It does not take a rocket scientist to say that Tyus probably won't come here... Doogie is just stirring the pot, he likely has no new information. Its what he does.

Doogie tweet: "Tubby Smith took in Tyus Jones/A. Valley vs. Lakeville So. tonight. Jones won't eliminate the #Gophers, but good chance he goes elsewhere."

Monter tweet: "Tyus Jones had 27 for Eagles. Fronk added 16, Layman 15, Austin 10. Bzoskie lead Lakeville South with 13, Kix 11, Sandborn and Heller 10 each."

Go Gophers!!

Whats the big deal, he is just restating what is basically common knowledge, doing it for the masses, not everyone follows it that closely.

WIN BABY WIN!!! Make the tourney next year, win a couple games once we get there, create some buzz & then follow that up with a Sweet-16/Elite-8 run the following year & our odds get much better.

Right on Costa brother. I'll take it a step further.

In addition to a winning Tubby BB team, make this program operate with urgency by hiring an AD who recognizes the importance of revenue sports at the University of MN and opens a basketball practice facility fundraising campaign in the first 30 days of his tenure; have a solid 2013 recruiting class, showing that Tubby has established forward momentum for 2014 (senior year for Ty), causing the Jones family to say Ty can be the toast of the town(s), become NBA ready, have a good mentor in Tubby, the family can attend every home game and travel around the midwest during the B1G, and, be on an NCAA tourney caliber team with plenty of exposure by staying in M i n n e s o t a.

It wouldn't surprise me if this kid plays one year somewhere and bolts for the National Basketball Association.

Yes! Well said boundoutpassdunk

Tyus Jones drops 45 with Coach K in the house

Coach K of Duke took in the game tonight to watch Tyus play against rival Eastview. Apple Valley lost by 8 or so but Jones scored 45 of his teams 75 points.

Multiple corrections have been made, coach K of Duke University was NOT at this basketball game.

According to some he was there, but most recent tweets suggest that he wasnt actually there. Sooo who knows

Coach Kill. They looks like twins. Easy to confuse them.

TYUS JONES COMES UP BIG WITH 45 POINTS IN 10 POINT LOSS

Tyus Robert Jones had a record setting game (45 points) against Eastview on Tuesday night in front of a sold out standing room only crowd at Eastview. This is one of the best games that I have seen Jones play. I enjoyed the game. To me Jones game is unbelievable. He knows the game so well and takes control on both ends of the court. He is a nice kid on and off the court.

http://stevenssports.blogspot.com/2012/02/apple-valley-traveled-across-town-to.html

Why would Jones be more likely than Olberding, Bob Martin, White, Humphries, Rickert, to leave MN. Tubby is the highest profile head coach we have had and he should be able to land Jones

Went to the Apple Valley vs. Eagan game tonight. Eagan had been playing fairly well leading up to this point, but got destroyed by Tyus and the Eagles. Jones had 13 in the first half, and were up 16. Extended the lead to over 30 at one point behind Fronk and his 3 consecutive 3's in about 1 minute's time. Tyus ended with 17 I think, but I don't remember him taking more than 2 shots in the second half. A few turnovers, but once again the multiple assists outweighed the few TO's. He just made it look easy.

Again, I feel the need to talk about his defense. No matter where he ends up, he will need to abandon the AAU style of defense. He makes some nice steals, has great instincts and hands, but often loses the ball and plays with spotty intensity on the defensive end. I wonder how much more he could contribute to the team if he really turned it up on defense. I would plead "blow-out" as an excuse for tonight, but I went to the AV vs. Lakeville North game as well and his defense in that loss was ok, but I would think he could be a game changer at the defensive end of the floor as well as on the offensive end.

Maybe I'm holding him to a higher standard than everyone else because he has such great skills/quickness/instincts that he could be a ridiculous defender as well. I would love to see him embarrass some local guards by totally frustrating them and shutting them down. Who knows, maybe this is how the coach wants him to play to save up for the offensive end and stay out of foul trouble.

Also, I feel extremely comfortable stating that the gophers would have at least 3 more wins this year if Tyus was our point guard today, as a 16 year old. If only...

Maybe I'm holding him to a higher standard than everyone else because he has such great skills/quickness/instincts that he could be a ridiculous defender as well. I would love to see him embarrass some local guards by totally frustrating them and shutting them down. Who knows, maybe this is how the coach wants him to play to save up for the offensive end and stay out of foul trouble.

I hear you.. I was there tonight also.. not a lot to see for much of the game because it wasn't close.. looking forward to watching him in some EYBL games this spring.

Even on a night like tonight though, when it wasn't a particularly good basketball game.. the vision and the passes are just ridiculous. Scary good. A treat to watch.

I hear you.. I was there tonight also.. not a lot to see for much of the game because it wasn't close.. looking forward to watching him in some EYBL games this spring.
Even on a night like tonight though, when it wasn't a particularly good basketball game.. the vision and the passes are just ridiculous. Scary good. A treat to watch.

I heard a while back that the EYBL would likely be having an event in Minneapolis this spring or summer. Has this been confirmed as 100%?

Believe it or not Tyus is 15, not 16. He will be 16 in May. I wouldn't worry about his defense. He usually plays the whle game and they hide him in a zone on defense alot to rest him. When he physically matures his defense will pick up. He has a great wingspan and is a very heady player.

Heard Doogie say yesterday that matta has been telling Tyus that when Craft graduates (if osu players graduate) that Tyus will be able to step and play right away as a Freshman. Doogie did not say what kind of car matta had promised.

Heard Doogie say yesterday that matta has been telling Tyus that when Craft graduates (if osu players graduate) that Tyus will be able to step and play right away as a Freshman. Doogie did not say what kind of car matta had promised.

The selling point from Tubby has to be: "You and Rashad have a chance to turn the Minnesota program into national contenders/champs. With you two on the team, there's no reason we can't be as good as anyone in the nation. Sign on early and we'll get others to follow. You will be heroes in your hometown."

Of course the sales pitch becomes a little more plausible if Tubby and the Gophers win next year and he has a great fall signing class next year.......

Lots of time left on this deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom