Traveling to Whiteout?

Went through the UofM ticket via my account. With that said, I don't know yet. Figured since we are bringing a freshman with us, we should for sure sit with fellow Gopher fans.

Question for you and others, when will you be leaving? Trying to see if when I can find out some last minute tailgating options.
We are going arrive in State college on Friday and head out on Sunday. Planning to tailgate for most the day on Saturday.

We are going arrive in State college on Friday and head out on Sunday. Planning to tailgate for most the day on Saturday.
Awesome. Leave Thursday night, Drive from BWI area to State College area?,(cancelled hotel in Lamar, Pa) then drive back to Baltimore Sunday and leave early Monday morning.

My group of four is driving from Minneapolis leaving Thursday afternoon. Overnight stay in South Bend, IN, to see some of Notre Dame’s campus. And then driving to hotel in Clearfield, PA by Friday night. Hotel is 50 minute drive from State College but was literally the closest thing we could find haha. Planning to be on or near campus at pubs/bars for most of the day before the game.

Should be sitting in the nosebleeds, most certainly NOT in white. Looking forward to cheering on the Gophers with all of you.

We’re staying in Clearfield as well Friday and Saturday night. Not sure where we’re tailgating as we’re gonna be hanging out with a Penn State Alum who has a parking pass. Tickets in the visitor section though.

We will be flying in Friday, staying in Altoona, driving in for game on Saturday and back to Altoona after the game. An Uber ride is only about $70 to state college when I checked last night.

One thing to keep in mind is State College becomes gridlock on the roads on gameday. I’m told to not expect to be driving around much on gameday. Park, and expect to be on foot during the day leading up to the game.

We will be flying in Friday, staying in Altoona, driving in for game on Saturday and back to Altoona after the game. An Uber ride is only about $70 to state college when I checked last night.
Is that the cost during PSU games, or did you just check the app? If the latter, make sure you take a look on a day when they’re playing at home- wouldn’t be surprised to see surge pricing.

Is that the cost during PSU games, or did you just check the app? If the latter, make sure you take a look on a day when they’re playing at home- wouldn’t be surprised to see surge pricing.
Very true. This was a random time from last night. Probably best to just drive down and park

How and where are people tailgating? I have a group of 10!

How and where are people tailgating? I have a group of 10!
There are links/phone numbers on line to reserve tailgating spots. I think they are only selling lot 36 (by the med center), about a mile east of the stadium. That’s where our large group will be. It is $50 to buy a parking pass to the lot. Not bad, especially if you spread it over your group of 10.

There are links/phone numbers on line to reserve tailgating spots. I think they are only selling lot 36 (by the med center), about a mile east of the stadium. That’s where our large group will be. It is $50 to buy a parking pass to the lot. Not bad, especially if you spread it over your group of 10.
Thank you! Found the link and am asking my group!

I’m a student at the U, and there will be four of us heading out on Thursday night or Friday morning, sleeping in Chicago if we go Thursday night, and then getting there early Saturday to hopefully tailgate or watch College Gameday if it’s there. We just bought tickets last night, and have two extra if anyone still needs some. They’re in WH row 23. I’m super excited as this is my first Gopher away game I’ve ever been to, but we had to make a trip for the whiteout game, it’s a once in a lifetime opportunity to see Minnesota playing while also being in college. Hope to see you guys there and meet some of you! Row the Boat!!

I’m a student at the U, and there will be four of us heading out on Thursday night or Friday morning, sleeping in Chicago if we go Thursday night, and then getting there early Saturday to hopefully tailgate or watch College Gameday if it’s there. We just bought tickets last night, and have two extra if anyone still needs some. They’re in WH row 23. I’m super excited as this is my first Gopher away game I’ve ever been to, but we had to make a trip for the whiteout game, it’s a once in a lifetime opportunity to see Minnesota playing while also being in college. Hope to see you guys there and meet some of you! Row the Boat!!
Those sound like some pretty dang good seats, better than the nosebleeds for sure! I started road-tripping to games a few years ago when I was at the U and haven't turned back. Away games are an amazing experience and I hope you all enjoy!

This game will be on grass and my biggest concern is fall weather in central PA and running into the same conditions Stefan Djordjevic faced when Ampipe had to play Walnut Heights.

Attachments

• A5DF7B43-1D09-4648-8049-4152EB22EBE6.jpeg
    A5DF7B43-1D09-4648-8049-4152EB22EBE6.jpeg
    96.1 KB · Views: 3

This game will be on grass and my biggest concern is fall weather in central PA and running into the same conditions Stefan Djordjevic faced when Ampipe had to play Walnut Heights.
Coach Fleck will probably flood the practice facility to simulate game conditions...

It’s even at night! Central PA, fall, night, rain. The similarities are too strong to ignore.

anyone know when tickets bought through the U will go out?

Since Penn State runs electronic tickets too, when the UofM ticket office does “send” the tickets, will they just show up on our account like season tickets did?

Wife and I looked into flights to PA that weekend, $1,500 for a round trip for the two of us through Delta…not going to lie that was a disappointing total to see come up on the screen. Guess we’re settling for a drive to Madison, I guess that’s still a good time. Really want to go out to the PSU game if someone knows a cheaper route that I’m, for whatever reason, not finding.

Wife and I looked into flights to PA that weekend, $1,500 for a round trip for the two of us through Delta…not going to lie that was a disappointing total to see come up on the screen. Guess we’re settling for a drive to Madison, I guess that’s still a good time. Really want to go out to the PSU game if someone knows a cheaper route that I’m, for whatever reason, not finding.
I assume you checked all surrounding airports including BWI? Harrisburg has always been crazy even back in July/ August. I'd also call Creative Charters and ask if there is any chance they might add a flight?

We’ll be driving. ~14 hour drive but we’re splitting it between Thursday/Friday. Much cheaper than flying if you’re willing to sit in a car for that long.

Also search for flights into Baltimore, Philly or Pittsburgh if you haven’t already. Know people are doing that and getting rental cars.

What airports were you looking to fly in? My son travels back and forth from there a few times per year and although flights to State College were cheap during Covid, since then he has had way better luck flying between here and Pittsburgh or Philly. Of course that introduces the pain of ground transportation but it has still been worth it.

We’re driving this time because we are bringing every tailgating item that we have and plan to tailgate all day Saturday with a big group. We’re leaving Thursday after work, staying somewhere around Rockford IL (give or take) Thur night, and then arriving at State College Friday afternoon. Back Sun/Mon.

Top Bottom