Traveling to Whiteout?

Sadly the 'Skeller closed back in 2018. The location is still a bar (Doggie's Pub) but it's a shell of its former self. Zeno's is the best bar in SC, in my opinion.
interesting. wonder if it's just an old one they copied forward then.

BUMP

Obviously super disappointed after Saturday, but still incredibly pumped for the trip to Happy Valley. Anyone aware of where Gopher fans will be gathering Friday/Saturday? I don't see anything on the GLC website...
I still think we can come back and have a really nice win against Penn St.

Utah had two tough losses this year, but bounced back to take out USC this weekend. (I know that was at home, just saying)

Hope it works out that way and everyone going has an epic trip! I'm green with envy!

The Athletic Department is putting on an official Tailgate for Gopher fans for a fee ($70.00-All inclusive). I we are going to meet up with some friends in lot 34? I might not know till friday. I think others have confirmed their own spot(s) in 36? Anyway, $70.00 actually sounds like a pretty good deal for food and beverage close to the stadium. 4pm to 7pm.
Not sure what we're doing prior to 4pm but have tickets to the tailgate. $70 seemed reasonable. I'm sure I can eat/drink that amount in 3 hours lol

Not sure what we're doing prior to 4pm but have tickets to the tailgate. $70 seemed reasonable. I'm sure I can eat/drink that amount in 3 hours lol
Part of me wants to buy a ticket just to support the AD. I am guessing it will be like the Pharmacy School spread at McNamara.

With that said, I will be meeting up with some PSU fans early that day. I assume it will be an all-day affair. They will be driving to State College, so some parts are still up in the air.

I will be sitting in the Gopher section, so I am very happy that I will be connecting with fellow Gopher fans as well. I assume that I will see many earlier in the day as well. Hopefully we all lose our voices cheering our beloved Gophers to Victory!

Not going to make it to the game! Selling my tickets HERE

TICKETS SOLD! 🙌

Last edited:

My group of three made the same determination...we will be there, appetites in hand!

LOL they're going to be pouring like 4oz of light beer at a time and have little bite-sized sandwiches, that you have to wait 30mins in line for each time.

JK! :cool:

LOL they're going to be pouring like 4oz of light beer at a time and have little bite-sized sandwiches, that you have to wait 30mins in line for each time.

JK! :cool:
You joke, but every large pregame event I’ve attended has been heavy on the lines. Especially for alcohol.

For those of you NOT going to the UM tailgate event, what are your pregame plans? My group of 4 is either taking Uber or parking in one of the ramps, so a personal "tailgate" out of our vehicle isn't in the cards. Any ideas?

For those of you NOT going to the UM tailgate event, what are your pregame plans? My group of 4 is either taking Uber or parking in one of the ramps, so a personal the "tailgate" out of our vehicle isn't in the cards. Any ideas?
We’ll be in lot 36. Will have a small grill if you want to bring something to throw on it. Look for the Star and Strips and Row The Boat flags. stop in and say Hi!

We’ll be in lot 36. Will have a small grill if you want to bring something to throw on it. Look for the Star and Strips and Row The Boat flags. stop in and say Hi!
My guy! May take you up on this for real!

interesting. wonder if it's just an old one they copied forward then.
I had a nice Rathskellar t shirt from the 2003 visit that traded a bartender for my gold MN season ticket holder long sleeve shirt, before I left State College post game.

Back in Minnesota I gave it to my local pub bartender who comped me a lot that took note of it. Nick, great bartender who had heard of the legendary Rathskellar

For those of you NOT going to the UM tailgate event, what are your pregame plans? My group of 4 is either taking Uber or parking in one of the ramps, so a personal "tailgate" out of our vehicle isn't in the cards. Any ideas?
Hello from the Holiday Inn in Portage Indiana. An overnight pit stop on our way to State College, with a vehicle packed with tailgate gear.

We plan on arriving very early to lot 11 (half hour before it opens) to hopefully get a spot on the end or edge so we can have more room for cornhole, tent canopies, etc.

We won’t start tailgating immediately though. We plan to get a spot and then go for a walk through campus downtown for some breakfast, prior to walking back to break out the tailgate.

Safe travels to everyone. Have a great time and cheer the Gophers to a win!!

Just boarded my flight from DET to PIT. Looking forward to the offense finding its mojo once again.

Just boarded MSP to PIT, lots of Gopher fans on the flight, anyone from here?

Edit: Gate C12, some brave soul took $500 to be on a later flight to Pittsburgh. Ring any bells?

Last edited:

Just arrived in Clearfield, PA. 40 miles out from State College. Will probably try to find a bar or brewery within a mile or so of the stadium for tomorrow.

Top Bottom