Traveling to Whiteout?

Wife and I looked into flights to PA that weekend, $1,500 for a round trip for the two of us through Delta…not going to lie that was a disappointing total to see come up on the screen. Guess we’re settling for a drive to Madison, I guess that’s still a good time. Really want to go out to the PSU game if someone knows a cheaper route that I’m, for whatever reason, not finding.
Depends what days you want to go but Southwest Friday evening to Pittsburg and leaving on Monday is about $500 each. A little more if you want better time leaving Friday but still a few hundred short of $1,500

Flights definitely have skyrocketed over the last few weeks. Seems to be mostly the return flight that’s making it costly rather than the flight out which has many reasonable options

I'm sure others got the same email, but the ticket office just sent one saying the tickets are all electronic, so you'll get an email at some point asking you to accept a transfer within Ticketmaster, either from PSU or the U.

Check Cleveland as well- that's what we're doing. It's a 4 hour drive but we found round trip flights for around $320...
There's a flight on Sun Country from MSP to Baltimore on Sat morning, nonstop gets in at 1pm Eastern, for $70 one-way right now. About a 3.5hr drive from there to State College, assuming you could find a place to stay.

No bags with that, just a "personal item" backpack.

Cutting it close but in theory it's doable.

Getting back is another story. Sun Country's return flight is not until Thurs, but is also $70 at the moment.

I am about 80% certain I will have an available parking/tailgate pass that I would sell for the same price that we paid ($50). DM me if you are interested. It is being mailed to me here in the Twin Cities.

I didn’t get my tickets through the U but instead I ordered mine from Seat Geek back in June ($300 each x 3 tickets). I still haven’t gotten my tickets yet through Seat Geek.

I’ll be surrounded by all PSU fans in the lower bowl in row 14 at the 45 yard line 🙌🤷🏻‍♂️

I just checked the Penn State Account manager out of curiosity and they're not there either. Maybe tomorrow.

Oh, man. We'll wave back at you from the beautiful people seats in 90 ;)
there’s a virtual stadium online if you Google it and you can get a virtual view from row 88. I may be crazy but I think it’s a pretty great view lol.

Will make for a great picture of the white out.

there’s a virtual stadium online if you Google it and you can get a virtual view from row 88. I may be crazy but I think it’s a pretty great view lol.

I saw and felt the same! It'll be awesome.

I have ordered 18 tickets for this game through three calls and two accounts. 8 of them are now accounted for (section NLU) and the other 10 haven't appeared yet, but I called the ticket office and they said they will be out by end of day Thursday and they could tell me that the missing 10 will be in section SAU. So I will have 8 in NLU and 10 in SAU. Opposite sides of the stadium for our group, of course. For me personally, if you were me would you rather be in NLU or SAU? Both are generally nosebleed sections, of course.

I have ordered 18 tickets for this game through three calls and two accounts. 8 of them are now accounted for (section NLU) and the other 10 haven't appeared yet, but I called the ticket office and they said they will be out by end of day Thursday and they could tell me that the missing 10 will be in section SAU. So I will have 8 in NLU and 10 in SAU. Opposite sides of the stadium for our group, of course. For me personally, if you were me would you rather be in NLU or SAU? Both are generally nosebleed sections, of course.
Don’t think it matters. Sun will be set by 7:30. Pick whichever section gets you the lowest row I guess.

nvm: SAU is smaller and has seat backs. Go with that.

Last edited:

So I will have 8 in NLU and 10 in SAU. Opposite sides of the stadium for our group, of course. For me personally, if you were me would you rather be in NLU or SAU? Both are generally nosebleed sections, of course.
I believe my first pick would be the seats in SAU. If I recall correctly those are seatback while the seats in NLU are bench.

That is our row. Pretty cool.

Just found out our three will be in NLU (Row 83). I will be bringing binoculars and oxygen. I wonder if this will be like watching the Timberwolves when they played in the MetroDome (Dump)? I remember thinking "was I watching an NBA game or an ant experiment".

Last edited:

Top Bottom