Traveling to Whiteout?

Shiv0014

Reaction score
Does anyone have plans to travel to State College for the whiteout? Does the alumni association arrange any travel / tickets / lodging / tailgate? Thanks!

Schnauzer

Pretty Sure You are Wrong
Reaction score
I will be there. My kid will be in his third year of law school there. We already have our lodging and we are going to make a four day weekend out of it. We’re going to wear gold to contrast with all that white.

Pete smith

Reaction score
Been there twice. Haven’t seen a victory yet. Friendly fans. Seems like the alumni met in a bar/dinner on campus as meeting place. Long walk from parking lots to the stadium.

MGGopher

Reaction score
I will be there. My kid will be in his third year of law school there. We already have our lodging and we are going to make a four day weekend out of it. We’re going to wear gold to contrast with all that white.
I'm going as well and wondered about what opposing fans typically wear to these games. I was thinking of checking in on PSU and Auburn boards closer to October for honest opinions about what it was like last year. I'd like to play along with tradition if opposing fans usually do, but I certainly don't want to contribute unnecessarily to some kind of homefield advantage.

Schnauzer

Reaction score
I just ordered the MAX of 8 tickets to the Penn State game. We are bringing a large group to this one so I am going to be hitting up some other season ticket holder friends for their maximum of 8 as well. So, we will be in gold and will undoubtedly single handedly be ruining the white out for Penn State. ;) I mean, we'll be at least 20% of the crowd, right?

2nd Degree Gopher

Reaction score
I'm going as well and wondered about what opposing fans typically wear to these games. I was thinking of checking in on PSU and Auburn boards closer to October for honest opinions about what it was like last year. I'd like to play along with tradition if opposing fans usually do, but I certainly don't want to contribute unnecessarily to some kind of homefield advantage.
Here's my take for what it's worth: Order the offical PSU White Out t-shirt as a souvenier of your trip, but wear maroon and gold to the game. You are a Gopher fan and you will want to standout from the PSU hordes.

Schnauzer

Reaction score
Here's my take for what it's worth: Order the offical PSU White Out t-shirt as a souvenier of your trip, but wear maroon and gold to the game. You are a Gopher fan and you will want to standout from the PSU hordes.
Very good advice. I'll do this as well

MGGopher

Reaction score
Great advice and much appreciated! Probably what I'll do as well.

Yah-E

Bulieve
Reaction score
I’ll be there also with my wife and son! First time there. Think I’ll be maroon than gold to stand out more.

minnyrules11

Reaction score
Away game tickets become available late July thru ticket office?

Last edited:

Schnauzer

Reaction score
I’ll be there also with my wife and son! First time there. Think I’ll be maroon than gold to stand out more.
I think GOLD will definitely be the way to go that night. It will contrast and show up better among that sea of white. And, with the Gopher contingent mostly banished to the dark upper reaches of the end zone second deck, gold will also be easier to see in the lower light up there.

Auburn fans mostly went with orange instead of navy blue for the same reasons last year.

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
Just buy tickets through the U. It’s fun. I’d go but I’ll be in New Orleans that weekend. Possibly Baton Rouge

PMWinSTP

Reaction score
Put in the request for tickets through the U. Now to figure out the travel logistics...

Yah-E

Bulieve
Reaction score
Away game tickets become available late July thru ticket office?
I didn’t want to wait and wanted better seats so I bought 3 tickets on Seat Geek ($300 each) back on June 4th in row 4 at 40 yard line and at their HOME side of the field! 😆🙌 Can’t wait!

I won’t have the actual tickets until later but my order was “confirmed” 🤞

Farminggopher

Reaction score
I didn’t want to wait and wanted better seats so I bought 3 tickets on Seat Geek ($300 each) back on June 4th in row 4 at 40 yard line and at their HOME side of the field! 😆🙌 Can’t wait!

I won’t have the actual tickets until later but my order was “confirmed” 🤞
Did the same thing, Got my tickets in my Ticketmaster account now, so check your emails to make sure you didnt miss anything. I will also be staying in Altoona and making a long weekend out of it. Travel logistics in and out of state college will be interesting for sure.

PMWinSTP

Reaction score
I think the consensus is to wear gold to this game. What's the best way to spread the word...is it something the moderators or site administrator can put out here? What about the U athletic department...anyone have a good connection with them to communicate GOLD is the color for the White Out? Do we just start emailing its marketing department?

icepirate13

"11 Nagurskis would be murder
Reaction score
Flying into DC and then my son and I are driving over on Friday. Staying 20 minutes out.

Dances With Gophers

Reaction score
Full. Ba. Na. Na.
f253429d1363acbd1e2149cab39bbcd7.gif

Schnauzer

Reaction score
Our group size has its final tally and we will be 17 strong at the whiteout, all in gold. I’ve been to about a half dozen away games and have yet to see my first victory.

I also was invited along to the 2018 game at Wisconsin and turned that down. So I think it is safe to say that my luck with away games has been dismal up to this point.

Taji34

Reaction score
I feel like if the university started telling folks to where gold at the white out game we could get a pretty uniform contingent if fans.

Gilthorp57

Reaction score
The Missus and I are flying into Newark and staying in Scranton, looking forward to our first trip to Happy Valley!

mnsportsgeek

Reaction score
I’ll be driving with my wife from Detroit. Planning to stay in Clearfield and tailgate with someone I know who is a PSU grad.

My first white out. Can’t wait. I’ll definitely plan to wear gold if that’s the color of choice.

mnsportsgeek

Reaction score
Where/when do they sell the shirt?

Top Bottom