Traveling to Whiteout?

still waiting for mine. will be interesting to see where we end up!

Think there will be at least 5,000 gopher fans going to this game? No way 10,000.

I think I got an email saying that PSU does evens and odds for which side of the aisle the seat is on, which would make those consecutive seats.
Yeah. Something like the aisle goes down the middle of the section — weird haha.

Think there will be at least 5,000 gopher fans going to this game? No way 10,000.
With it being the white out, I think a lot of Gophs fans jumped at the chance to be there. I think closer to 10K than 5K total.

Still no sign of over half my tickets. I actually get a little uptight with the new electronic systems. Since I ordered 10 tickets at two different times (8 via a phone call in July, 2 via the U website in September), but have 8 more coming over from another season ticket holder that I know (I already have these 8 tickets), I'm worried about things getting jumbled up. Total of 18 tickets.

I got the email from my friend and followed the instructions to get the first 8 tickets from him. It all seemed to work fine and I see them via a web link, and can put them in my apple wallet. However, I also have the ticketmaster app on my phone and when I go in there, it is unaware of the 8 tickets I have already accepted. Add to that the 10 more that I am waiting on an email and the next fear is stuff getting jumbled up when they arrive. Will they show at a separate web link, will they finally appear within my ticketmaster phone app, or will they overwrite the web link that already has the 8 accepted tickets? I'll be happy once I get all these tickets and get them transferred to my group. It is a bit of stress compared to simply having a paper ticket and being done with it.

I am about 80% certain I will have an available parking/tailgate pass that I would sell for the same price that we paid ($50). DM me if you are interested. It is being mailed to me here in the Twin Cities.

Update! I still have a tailgate/parking pass available. I now have it in my hands, here in the Twin Cities. We ended up with two because my son picked a second one up.

I had a couple people contact me about it after my first post. One ended up going with other plans, and the second seems to have gone quiet so I’m going to put it out there again.

I’m headed up north tonight, back Sunday. And then off to PA mid week next week so the window to pass it on to someone here is shrinking. DM me if you’d like to buy it. Thanks!

DD12B11C-139A-456E-8B79-BEF03AE5ABFD.jpeg

We’ll be driving. ~14 hour drive but we’re splitting it between Thursday/Friday. Much cheaper than flying if you’re willing to sit in a car for that long.

Also search for flights into Baltimore, Philly or Pittsburgh if you haven’t already. Know people are doing that and getting rental cars.
We are also driving... we rented an RV and our plan is to leave on Wednesday - 3 days to get out there 2 days to get back. Mind you, our traveling party is me, my wife, and 8,6, and 4 year old!

With it being the white out, I think a lot of Gophs fans jumped at the chance to be there. I think closer to 10K than 5K total.
That would be very impressive.

We are also driving... we rented an RV and our plan is to leave on Wednesday - 3 days to get out there 2 days to get back. Mind you, our traveling party is me, my wife, and 8,6, and 4 year old!
We have an 8,6,5 and 4 adult males in a ESV! 😂😂

NLU is well represented here!
still waiting for mine. will be interesting to see where we end up!
If not today, I'd reach out Gopher sports, or whoever you purchased the tickets from.

It is getting difficult to focus on this Saturday. Crab, cheesesteaks and Football out East is consuming my thoughts.

Those driving, what is your route? Any stops along the way?
Coming from SE Michigan. Might make a pit stop in pittsburgh. It's about 90 minutes out of the way though. Otherwise will stop in cleveland or youngstown though that sounds boring. Tempted to spend the evening in downtown pittsburgh before heading up to clearfield to the hotel.

Those driving, what is your route? Any stops along the way?
For the most part I will let google maps take me where it wants me to go, although we need to route through Winona to pick up one of our kids. Vehicle will be packed to the roof with tailgating equipment. We are going to leave Thur afternoon and hope to at least get as far as Rockford or Chicago. Then the rest of the way Friday, arriving late afternoon or early evening in State College on Fri.

looks like all american rathskeller for the creative charters trip. then there's also the tailgate the U is putting on.

I'd also be open to just picking a brewery/bar like the one someone suggested a few pages ago

looks like all american rathskeller for the creative charters trip. then there's also the tailgate the U is putting on.

I'd also be open to just picking a brewery/bar like the one someone suggested a few pages ago
Sadly the 'Skeller closed back in 2018. The location is still a bar (Doggie's Pub) but it's a shell of its former self. Zeno's is the best bar in SC, in my opinion.

BUMP

Obviously super disappointed after Saturday, but still incredibly pumped for the trip to Happy Valley. Anyone aware of where Gopher fans will be gathering Friday/Saturday? I don't see anything on the GLC website...
The Athletic Department is putting on an official Tailgate for Gopher fans for a fee ($70.00-All inclusive). I we are going to meet up with some friends in lot 34? I might not know till friday. I think others have confirmed their own spot(s) in 36? Anyway, $70.00 actually sounds like a pretty good deal for food and beverage close to the stadium. 4pm to 7pm.

Top Bottom