Transfer list possibilities, Spring 2020

Your right, he would rarely see the floor at Iowa. I am not that big on him as there are other bigs i like more.
Other bigs you like more in general? Or ones that are transferring we could get? Outside of Udeze and Markusson, who is there?

Great info Urbandale!

Reggie Lynch was an overlooked high school player, who transferred from the same league, the MVC. Aside from how it turned out for Lynch here, if this kid from Drake can produce like Lynch did in the Big Ten, it'd obviously be a big get for Minnesota.

I noticed the Gophers just named Ed Conroy the associate head coach, by the way.
Since Lynch and Robbins both played in the same league I decided to compare their Sophomore stats.
Lynch-9.5pts 5.4reb 2.8blocks 3.7fouls 22.2minutes
Robbins-14.1pts 7.1reb 2.9blocks 3.0fouls 27.1minutes

Since Lynch and Robbins both played in the same league I decided to compare their Sophomore stats.
Lynch-9.5pts 5.4reb 2.8blocks 3.7fouls 22.2minutes
Robbins-14.1pts 7.1reb 2.9blocks 3.0fouls 27.1minutes

Number 5 in blocked shots in the entire country! And of course, that means you are also altering shots.

Watched Robbins a few times last year and he really improved when he was given the keys to the C position. Not overly athletic, but can finish decently against inferior talent. This is in the MVC however, so I'm not sure how well it would translate to the Big Ten. IMO he would be very serviceable and a position you wouldn't worry too much about. I'm rooting for it to happen.

Which Mitchell? The twins signed at URI.

No, but every thread doesn’t have to turn into another Pitino bash session! The fcking trolls have just destroyed this site. Coyle has made his decision, get over it.
Totally agree. I just want to stick with talking gopher basketball. I'm convinced I could start a thread about coronavirus and certain people like USAF could bring up how bad a coach Pitino is. The dead horse has been beaten 9 million times now. I'm somewhat of a new poster in the last year and just want to say I just look for certain posters including yourself alchemy that seem to bring knowledgeable information.

More versatile, two defend more space. By no means does this mean he will not help. We are in need of help. I said early on that it was my belief that there was not a ton of big gets in the transfer market.

More versatile, two defend more space. By no means does this mean he will not help. We are in need of help. I said early on that it was my belief that there was not a ton of big gets in the transfer market.
Robert's then udeze then carton or walton and be done with it lol

Here’s some Robbins video. He’s be a solid addition IMP.

Played in the same conference as Reggie Lynch. Lynch had 2.8 blocks per game, and this guy had 2.9

He should be a defensive presence which right now, we have absolutely nothing.
So I guess you have written off Freeman and Curry is that correct?

I'm hoping freeman can be a solid player, but yes I'm writing off curry. Guy hasnt played in 3 years basically. If we get something out of him it would be a huge bonus, but not counting on it.

For me, Curry to an extent, at least trying to guard 5s (Garza and Cockburn immediately come to mind). If he's gonna try to lose weight will he be able to guard bigs?

Freeman, no, but I'd like the idea of having a proven (yes, I know Drake isn't in a powerhouse conference) player to buy some time until we know he's ready. The fact that Pitino has been saying all along he's targeting a big makes me think Freeman isn't gonna be ready to be the guy next year. I know there's a lot of opinion on his coaching chops but he probably knows where Freeman's development is at more than any of us.

It's getting to the point where, instead of announcing who is in the transfer portal, it might be easier just to list the players who are not transferring. I think a lot of people are banking on the NCAA approving the rule change where you can transfer once and not sit out a year.

if that is not approved, I wonder if some of these players might change their minds?

For me, Curry to an extent, at least trying to guard 5s (Garza and Cockburn immediately come to mind). If he's gonna try to lose weight will he be able to guard bigs?

Freeman, no, but I'd like the idea of having a proven (yes, I know Drake isn't in a powerhouse conference) player to buy some time until we know he's ready. The fact that Pitino has been saying all along he's targeting a big makes me think Freeman isn't gonna be ready to be the guy next year. I know there's a lot of opinion on his coaching chops but he probably knows where Freeman's development is at more than any of us.
Good points. I am anxious to see if Curry can contribute next year because anything he can do would be a good add to the mix. I just hope he can make it through the season without another injury. I have high hopes for Freeman because of his size. He certainly looks like he could be a force in the middle and hopefully the coaches are working hard with him to speed up his development.

Udeze, Mitchell, Morgan and Koval. Who knows, maybe Robbins will be better.
Udeze was highly rated out of high school (was Wichita States highest rated recruit that year), but he just doesn't look that athletic. He looks strong and can bang, but in watching game highlights he didn't look like he make a big impact in the game. Of course we are spoiled with Oturu...

I really like the film i saw on Markusson, he looks fairly athletic and drive hard to the basket. He may need to bulk up for the B1G, but he looks like he could run with the team.

Number 5 in blocked shots in the entire country! And of course, that means you are also altering shots.

It’ll be so sweet when you are wrong again. Be sure to make it back to HR...like you haven’t since November.

You mean aside from the link I provided with all the info you needed? Like his bio, hometown, stats? Just click on it.

:eek:

Some of those links don’t really stand out. My apologies good sir

Udeze was highly rated out of high school (was Wichita States highest rated recruit that year), but he just doesn't look that athletic. He looks strong and can bang, but in watching game highlights he didn't look like he make a big impact in the game. Of course we are spoiled with Oturu...

I really like the film i saw on Markusson, he looks fairly athletic and drive hard to the basket. He may need to bulk up for the B1G, but he looks like he could run with the team.
Udeze was not rated in the top 150 by Rivals, 247 or ESPN and his production after two years has been lackluster. Personally I don't understand the love for him. At least with the Jericho Sims speculation last year, even though his production wasn't outstanding, he was at least a former top 50 recruit and freak athlete that had some promise. And even he had shown better production in a tougher conference.

Robbins would be big time and put up better numbers than Lynch did as sophomores in the same conference. More points, rebounds, blocks and fewer fouls per game. I think he would be a quality starter for us next year if he gets the waiver. At absolute worst, I think he'd be a slightly better Matz Stockman but more likely closer to Lynch's impact than Stockman's.

It’ll be so sweet when you are wrong again. Be sure to make it back to HR...like you haven’t since November.

I was banned sir for entering Fleck threads and sticking up for him. I was trolling(LOL) They are sensitive over there. Get me unbanned, and I'm back.

Last edited:

Top Bottom