Transfer list possibilities, Spring 2020

I'm hoping freeman can be a solid player, but yes I'm writing off curry. Guy hasnt played in 3 years basically. If we get something out of him it would be a huge bonus, but not counting on it.

It would be foolhardy to assume much out of a guy who hasn't played in three years. If we get ten minutes a game, we should be satisfied.

I don't know much about Udeze, other than what I've read here. But here is my personal, I'm-not-a-scout-but-I go-to-a-lot-of-Drake-games opinion:

Liam Robbins can play. His improvement from freshman year to sophomore year was a sight to see. Does that mean he will continue to improve by leaps and bounds? Can't say for sure, but if we've learned one thing from COVID-19 it's that the slope of trend lines is significant.

pretty physical, good base.
I spent a good amount of time the other night trying to find film of him playing at WSU. There was not much to see: here are some links... He is #24 for WSU.

WSU vs AZ game: Sorry wrong video...

here is WSU vs Memphis:

Last edited:

Is there a chance we would take two bigs?
That might look like we're admitting defeat on Freeman, who has been asterisked (is that a word?) as a project needing time to develop. If one was a grad transfer I could understand it. Also if Freeman was OK with redshirting I'd understand it.

I spent a good amount of time the other night trying to find film of him playing at WSU. There was not much to see: here are some links... He is #24 for WSU.

WSU vs AZ game:

That is Shaq Morris, not Udeze in the ‘16 NCAA game against Arizona

The Udeze recruitment seems like we've really prioritized him. I think it would be great to get both Udeze and Robbins, just probably end up losing Freeman and/or Omersa though I think Jarvis might just stay b/c of MN. I'm taking Robbins 1st though if it came down to him or Udeze. I'm sure Gophs are too. Bolded guys current on roster.

Roster w/ Positions:
Carr 1
Greenlee 1
Mashburn 1/2

El-Amin 1/2
Willis 1/2/3

Peterson 1/2/3
Gabe 2/3
Walton 2/3
Tre Williams 2/3

Murphy 2/3/4
Mitchell 3/4
Ihnen 4
Omersa 4/5

Udeze 4/5
Curry 4/5

Robbins 5
Freeman 5
*Only have roster spot for 2 of the 6 potential recruits listed right now assuming Carr comes back

This roster is legit. That's 8/9/10 deep whether you agree on Omersa and Curry in the mix. You almost don't necessarily need Udeze after getting Robbins. You could almost go get a wing instead. Somebody to fit in that 3/4 range. That Drew Peterson or Trey Murphy from Rice might be better fits and better players than Udeze . I've changed my mind mid-post, I'd like to see Robbins and Peterson/Murphy. Even better if you could get both Peterson and Murphy or add El-Amin/Walton by freeing up a scholarship from Greenlee. My outlook on next years season would be completely changed. Already changed getting Robbins (Hope he locks in that commitment soon so I stop sweating it).

Last edited:

The Udeze recruitment seems like we've really prioritized him. I think it would be great to get both Udeze and Robbins, just probably end up losing Freeman and/or Omersa though I think Jarvis might just stay b/c of MN. I'm taking Robbins 1st though if it came down to him or Udeze. I'm sure Gophs are too. Bolded guys current on roster.

Roster w/ Positions:
Carr 1
Greenlee 1
Mashburn 1/2

El-Amin 1/2
Willis 1/2/3
Gabe 2/3

Walton 2/3
Tre Williams 2/3

Peterson 3/4
Ihnen 4
Omersa 4/5

Udeze 4/5
Curry 4/5
Robbins 5
Freeman 5

This roster is legit. That's 8/9/10 deep whether you agree on Omersa and Curry in the mix. You almost don't necessarily need Udeze after getting Robbins. You could almost go get a wing instead. Somebody to fit in that 3/4 range. That Drew Peterson from Rice might be a better fit and better player than Udeze. I've changed my mind mid-post, I'd like to see Robbins and Peterson. Even better if you could add El-Amin/Walton and free up a scholarship from Greenlee. My outlook on next years season would be completely changed. Already changed getting Robbins (Hope he locks in that commitment soon so I stop sweating it).
Mitchell not on team anymore?

Roster w/ Positions:
Carr 1
Greenlee 1
Mashburn 1/2

El-Amin 1/2
Willis 1/2/3
Gabe 2/3

Walton 2/3
Tre Williams 2/3

Peterson 3/4
Ihnen 4
Omersa 4/5

Udeze 4/5
Curry 4/5
Robbins 5
Freeman 5

This roster is legit. That's 8/9/10 deep whether you agree on Omersa and Curry in the mix. You almost don't necessarily need Udeze after getting Robbins. You could almost go get a wing instead. Somebody to fit in that 3/4 range. That Drew Peterson from Rice might be a better fit and better player than Udeze. I've changed my mind mid-post, I'd like to see Robbins and Peterson. Even better if you could add El-Amin/Walton and free up a scholarship from Greenlee. My outlook on next years season would be completely changed. Already changed getting Robbins.

Sounds good to me. Next couple of weeks will be exciting to watch this develop. Would be amazing if we get a good haul here and then can debate lineups all summer long.

Roster w/ Positions:
Carr 1
Greenlee 1
Mashburn 1/2

El-Amin 1/2
Willis 1/2/3
Gabe 2/3

Walton 2/3
Tre Williams 2/3
Mitchell 3/4

Peterson 3/4
Ihnen 4
Omersa 4/5

Udeze 4/5
Curry 4/5
Robbins 5
Freeman 5

This roster is legit. That's 8/9/10 deep whether you agree on Omersa and Curry in the mix. You almost don't necessarily need Udeze after getting Robbins. You could almost go get a wing instead. Somebody to fit in that 3/4 range. That Drew Peterson from Rice might be a better fit and better player than Udeze. I've changed my mind mid-post, I'd like to see Robbins and Peterson. Even better if you could add El-Amin/Walton and free up a scholarship from Greenlee. My outlook on next years season would be completely changed. Already changed getting Robbins (Hope he locks in that commitment soon so I stop sweating it).

With Mitchell, you have us with 16 players. Are three of these guys walking on?

With Mitchell, you have us with 16 players. Are three of these guys walking on?
I'm just listing all the guys potentially filling roster spots in my mind. Bolded guys current. Only can have 2 of the 4 non-bolded at this point. I'm making the assumption Carr is coming back and everybody else stays on the roster.

Gonna create a list here with all of the guys I've heard the Gophs targeting and what year they will be this coming season. Feel free to throw names out there. I'm trying to keep track of it all. We've got 1 available (Assuming Carr back). Edit w/ Willis out.

Robbins - Drake / Jr. (COMMIT)
Johnson - Western Michigan / Graduate (COMMIT)

Peterson - Rice / Jr.
El-Amin - Ball State / Graduate
Antonio - UNLV / Jr.
Perez - Gardner Webb / Junior

Last edited:

Gonna create a list here with all of the guys I've heard the Gophs targeting and what year they will be this coming season. Feel free to throw names out there. I'm trying to keep track of it all.

Robbins - Drake / Jr.
Murphy - Rice / Jr.
Peterson - Rice / Jr.
Markusson - LMU / Sr. Graduate
El-Amin - Ball State / Sr. Graduate
Udeze - Wichita St. / Jr.
Sotos - Bucknell / Sr. Graduate

Walton - HS / Fr.

Thanks - dig the positive vibes - refreshing!

Gonna create a list here with all of the guys I've heard the Gophs targeting and what year they will be this coming season. Feel free to throw names out there. I'm trying to keep track of it all. We've got 2 available (Assuming Carr back, nobody leaves).

Robbins - Drake / Jr.
Murphy - Rice / Jr.
Peterson - Rice / Jr.
Markusson - LMU / Sr. Graduate
El-Amin - Ball State / Sr. Graduate
Udeze - Wichita St. / Jr.
Sotos - Bucknell / Sr. Graduate

Walton - HS / Fr.
Mykell Robinson HS
Landers Nolley transfer

I have this weird feeling that with his back up against the wall again, Pitino will put together a solid roster and have an unexpectedly good next season. Just with everything going on with the virus and the fluid nature of not only our roster and college basketball, it seems like the universe may have a little fun in our favor.

That is Shaq Morris, not Udeze in the ‘16 NCAA game against Arizona
sorry, I just say the 24 and thought it was an earlier video that I watch with him vs Memphis.

Here is the Memphis game:

Last edited:

I have this weird feeling that with his back up against the wall again, Pitino will put together a solid roster and have an unexpectedly good next season. Just with everything going on with the virus and the fluid nature of not only our roster and college basketball, it seems like the universe may have a little fun in our favor.

I'm hoping that may come true. I'd like to see a good year. A lot of it will be dependent on if all transfers this year will be immediately eligible with a potential waiver. Sure seems like it with all the kids putting their names in the portal. Seems like somebody knows something.
I saw the immediate eligibilty one-time transfer rule won't be put into effect until 2021-2022 season if it is passed.

Last edited:

What's an unexpectedly good season? What would be the big 10 record?

What's an unexpectedly good season? What would be the big 10 record?

Above .500 in the Big Ten. That would be unexpectedly good. Most on here have us battling Northwestern currently.

Top Bottom