Transfer list possibilities, Spring 2020

He averaged about 40% on five and a half attempts a game while at Illinois. I thought shooting was supposed to be one of his strengths, but it looks like those numbers dropped off at DePaul.
Tight rims

He averaged about 40% on five and a half attempts a game while at Illinois. I thought shooting was supposed to be one of his strengths, but it looks like those numbers dropped off at DePaul.

We could give him the benefit of the doubt playing in an incredibly undisciplined and run and gun environment. They were decent in November and December and ended up miserable, seemingly worse every game this year.

Kids a horse. I'd think Kentucky would be all over him in a Reid Travis role.
Is this some kind of racial thing? Just because he's a horse? Like all the good horses want to live in Kentucky? You know there are plenty of glue factories in Kentucky to go along with those race tracks! It's not all stud fees and fillies all the time! You have to produce winners! and the pressure! Even Secretariat had bad sires. No Sir! I am not so sure this young stud wants to go to Kentucky.

Is this some kind of racial thing? Just because he's a horse? Like all the good horses want to live in Kentucky? You know there are plenty of glue factories in Kentucky to go along with those race tracks! It's not all stud fees and fillies all the time! You have to produce winners! and the pressure! Even Secretariat had bad sires. No Sir! I am not so sure this young stud wants to go to Kentucky.
Maybe he meant that he's hung like a horse? How he would know that, I have no idea.

Marcus chimes in:

Q: There have been so many names of transfer targets recently, so who should Gopher fans be most excited to possibly land? – Tom Anderson @andersonTJ5

A: It seems like every week there is a new transfer being targeted by Pitino. Mostly grad transfers have been linked lately to Minnesota, including George Mason’s Justin Kier, UNLV’s Jonah Antonio, Wake Forest’s Chaundee Brown. Antonio, a 6-5 Australian guard, recently took a virtual tour of the Gophers facilities and campus. The most exciting name for Gophers fans hands down, though, is Courvoisier McCauley. The former Division II All-America guard at Lincoln Memorial (Tenn.) heard from Pitino’s staff and other high-majors this week after announcing he wanted to make the jump to Division I.

Go Gophers!!

The most exciting name for Gophers fans hands down, though, is Courvoisier McCauley.

Go Gophers!!

Why would someone name a son after a brand of Cognac?

Antonio's numbers at UNLV were pretty bad and they weren't so great even at Mt. Saint Mary's. Kier's numbers were good at George Mason although he played in only 9 games last year (Injury?). Chaundee Brown was the consensus #34 recruit in 2017 and his numbers at Wake Forest were very good. Surprised he's listed as a grad transfer, though, as he's only 3 years from the prep ranks.

Last edited:

Saw this kid play in person this year, actually the game that is featured in this picture. Kid can ball; toughness and grit was on display that day.
Looks like he would be a sit one play two (or just play two with a possible waiver).

His 3P% dropped from 38% to 25% from freshman to sophomore year, and overall FG% from 45% to 34%. I wonder if there is some explanation for that (like Jonah Antonio having a damaged thumb ligament last year). He also left the team for personal reasons after their February 1st game and never returned.

He got to the free throw line at an incredible rate, 6.4 attempts per game.

He also seemed to be their primary distributor (led the team with 4.2 apg) and a good rebounder (7.4 rpg) for a guard.

I'm intrigued. It definitely seems like Pitino thinks Kerwin is not gonna be a Gopher from the number of guys we are bringing on visits and talking to.

Looks like he would be a sit one play two (or just play two with a possible waiver).

His 3P% dropped from 38% to 25% from freshman to sophomore year, and overall FG% from 45% to 34%. I wonder if there is some explanation for that (like Jonah Antonio having a damaged thumb ligament last year). He also left the team for personal reasons after their February 1st game and never returned.

He got to the free throw line at an incredible rate, 6.4 attempts per game.

He also seemed to be their primary distributor (led the team with 4.2 apg) and a good rebounder (7.4 rpg) for a guard.

I'm intrigued. It definitely seems like Pitino thinks Kerwin is not gonna be a Gopher from the number of guys we are bringing on visits and talking to.
Or he's like all of us and has nothing better to do so he talks to whoever he can so he doesn't go bat $#!+ crazy :)

I would guess he has as good of a feeling about Walton as any of the other coaches but you have to have all of your dominos lined up just in case.

Antonio's numbers at UNLV were pretty bad and they weren't so great even at Mt. Saint Mary's. Kier's numbers were good at George Mason although he played in only 9 games last year (Injury?). Chaundee Brown was the consensus #34 recruit in 2017 and his numbers at Wake Forest were very good. Surprised he's listed as a grad transfer, though, as he's only 3 years from the prep ranks.
The other name they considered was MadDog 20/20, so the kid lucked out.

Kier missed the 1st 6 games of the year with a stress fracture came back and tried playing thru it but got hurt again so he shut it down to get his medical redshirt year.

Is he trying to be sneaky about the U or did he just fit it in behind his head as a last minute finalist?
There's no chance he edited this photo by himself. Someone else just formatted all the University logos and then superimposed Justin over the top of it... we just happened to be behind his head.

Top Bottom