Transfer list possibilities, Spring 2020

Why would Hurt need to announce anything? BADGER said he was never leaving. And then BADGER is the one that post the announcement!!!!!!
That’s because he thought he was going to be a one and done. How did that work out for you Hurt?

Fully expect him to average 14 points a game on a top 10 team, playing in the seasons biggest games nationally for a coach and brand he chose.
I totally expect him to score!! He is very talented. I am surprised he did not declare for the draft in spite of his lackluster season to expectations.
However, scoring is not the question. He’s gotta show some willingness to defend. Some aptitude he is willing to learn by getting in a defensive stance. He’s straight up and down always which why I think he needs a zone defense scheme. He still has assets, they just can’t be harnessed in man to man without getting in a defensive stance, which has zero to do with scoring which is how he got to Duke to start with. Yes, he’ll score! Thank you for alerting us.

Fully expect him to average 14 points a game on a top 10 team, playing in the seasons biggest games nationally for a coach and brand he chose.
This is transparent Built. Why do you continue to do this? It is clearly a passive aggressive rub of salt across most Gopher fans' eyes by you. I know you are smart enough to know this.
Exactly! Every player plays for the fckg coach and the fckg brand he chooses!

Built, you do this all the time. When ever you can, you always point out how much of a great decision it was for a top MN player to leave the state.

You don't seem to understand that a portion of us fans are not as supportive of these players that think they are too good to play for the U. And you seem to revel in rubbing our noses in it. We do not possess your saintlike qualities that continue to have interest in a kid that moves on.

As for the Hurt bashing, he was portrayed as being a basketball god going into Duke. He did not live up to those expectations as the season played on and lost his starting spot and playing time. The few times I watched him play he did a good "old Jame Worthy" imitation of standing around on the 3 point line with his hands out looking for someone to do all the work and then pass him the ball. In hockey, those type of player are called suck-holes. They stand around by the net, or out by the blue line waiting for someone to pass then the puck or for a rebound so they can score. They never go in the corners to get the puck, and they usually dog it back to their own zone and play no defense. But they get a lot of garbage goals and all the credit. Not a team players. I don't know if that is how Hurt plays in all the games, but it was in the few I saw. I would much rather have 5 Gabe's on my team.

Exactly! Every player plays for the fckg coach and the fckg brand he chooses!

Built, you do this all the time. When ever you can, you always point out how much of a great decision it was for a top MN player to leave the state.

You don't seem to understand that a portion of us fans are not as supportive of these players that think they are too good to play for the U. And you seem to revel in rubbing our noses in it. We do not possess your saintlike qualities that continue to have interest in a kid that moves on.

As for the Hurt bashing, he was portrayed as being a basketball god going into Duke. He did not live up to those expectations as the season played on and lost his starting spot and playing time. The few times I watched him play he did a good "old Jame Worthy" imitation of standing around on the 3 point line with his hands out looking for someone to do all the work and then pass him the ball. In hockey, those type of player are called suck-holes. They stand around by the net, or out by the blue line waiting for someone to pass then the puck or for a rebound so they can score. They never go in the corners to get the puck, and they usually dog it back to their own zone and play no defense. But they get a lot of garbage goals and all the credit. Not a team players. I don't know if that is how Hurt plays in all the games, but it was in the few I saw. I would much rather have 5 Gabe's on my team.
OK, your opinion. Not rubbing anyone's face in it. Wished he played here but understand why he did not and hope it works great for him. Just put me on ignore, why waste time reading what you hate.

This is transparent Built. Why do you continue to do this? It is clearly a passive aggressive rub of salt across most Gopher fans' eyes by you. I know you are smart enough to know this.
Uh....it's Pitino rubbing salt across your eyes, but I guess you're not smart enough to know this.

Uh....it's Pitino rubbing salt across your eyes, but I guess you're not smart enough to know this.
Your suppose to step in line, follow the herd. If you see the counter argument or point of you part of the herd will think they are bullying you by calling you names. I invited more than one to meet me before a game or at my seats or on a high school pre scout to talk and observe players but no takers. Several posters on here have a very healthy exchange of different opinions and have understood my support of other programs and coaches while still supporting the Gopher program. Ones annoyed by my opinions should simply put me on ignore. Ones that offer only name calling i simply have on ignore and focus on those that share basketball opinions. Great feature.

Your suppose to step in line, follow the herd. If you see the counter argument or point of you part of the herd will think they are bullying you by calling you names. I invited more than one to meet me before a game or at my seats or on a high school pre scout to talk and observe players but no takers.
Gee, no one wants to hang out with you. I wonder why :unsure:

Gee, no one wants to hang out with you. I wonder why :unsure:
None of the name callers. If they would show up they would be joining a group of pre scouts and coaches at high school games and family and friends before ,during and after games.

OK, your opinion. Not rubbing anyone's face in it. Wished he played here but understand why he did not and hope it works great for him. Just put me on ignore, why waste time reading what you hate.
Built, there is no hate. Like I have said on numerous occasions, I respect you and look forward to reading your posts. The part that upsets people is the way you tend to poke insults at our program in so many other conversations.

I know we have tried to explain it before, let me try an example. It is like telling someone they have a nice wife, but that she is not very attractive. And then in another conversation you talk about how Joe just got married and at least his wife is pretty. And in another conversation you mention about all of the pretty women in the crowd at the game and then tell your friend that maybe he should have married someone from this crowd. etc.. Continuing to bring up references to how unattractive the guys wife is not relevant to the current topic and it is insulting.

Your suppose to step in line, follow the herd. If you see the counter argument or point of you part of the herd will think they are bullying you by calling you names. I invited more than one to meet me before a game or at my seats or on a high school pre scout to talk and observe players but no takers. Several posters on here have a very healthy exchange of different opinions and have understood my support of other programs and coaches while still supporting the Gopher program. Ones annoyed by my opinions should simply put me on ignore. Ones that offer only name calling i simply have on ignore and focus on those that share basketball opinions. Great feature.
Built, no you do not have to step in line... The counter argument or discussion is what make a message board. Sorry for my use of fckg in my response, but it just struck a chord about "how special" the Dukies were.

Built, there is no hate. Like I have said on numerous occasions, I respect you and look forward to reading your posts. The part that upsets people is the way you tend to poke insults at our program in so many other conversations.

I know we have tried to explain it before, let me try an example. It is like telling someone they have a nice wife, but that she is not very attractive. And then in another conversation you talk about how Joe just got married and at least his wife is pretty. And in another conversation you mention about all of the pretty women in the crowd at the game and then tell your friend that maybe he should have married someone from this crowd. etc.. Continuing to bring up references to how unattractive the guys wife is not relevant to the current topic and it is insulting.
what if she's ugly?

Couldn't resist ???

Built, no you do not have to step in line... The counter argument or discussion is what make a message board. Sorry for my use of fckg in my response, but it just struck a chord about "how special" the Dukies were.
GOOD POST. I simply want the the basketball team to be coached by a a really "pretty wife" . Believe me, not a fan of Duke. I relish the fact that they have not won the conference since 2010 ! The special Duke thing is how recruits see them.

Landers Nolley has his list down to 3. Rothstein also has a great piece on transfers that go from mid-majors to Power 6 schools based on all the data over 5 years. He also has 5 points of thought of consequences of the no sit out transfers.

Landers Nolley has his list down to 3. Rothstein also has a great piece on transfers that go from mid-majors to Power 6 schools based on all the data over 5 years. He also has 5 points of thought of consequences of the no sit out transfers.
Sounds to me just a guy who hates no-sit transfers (other than grad transfers and when coaches leave).

per Sid:

• ESPN ranked new Gophers hoops transfer Brandon Johnson as the 13th-best graduate transfer in the nation and the No. 4 power forward. “His size and rebounding ability should make an impact in the Big Ten,” ESPN wrote.

Go Gophers!!

Fuller said we have checked in with D2 Transfer Courvoisier McCauley from LMU. Would be a Junior this year so not sure on immediate eligibility but looks like he is a shooter! Shot 38% from 3 his freshman year and 44%!!! as a sophomore on 246 attempts

50% FG percentage on 475 attempts which is a heck of a stat for a guard/wing

Fuller said we have checked in with D2 Transfer Courvoisier McCauley from LMU. Would be a Junior this year so not sure on immediate eligibility but looks like he is a shooter! Shot 38% from 3 his freshman year and 44%!!! as a sophomore on 246 attempts

50% FG percentage on 475 attempts which is a heck of a stat for a guard/wing
That's an interesting one. He was a late bloomer and then led Indiana Manuel with about 30 points per game as a HS senior. Video looks good (of course). I would assume immediate eligibility since he is D2.

That's an interesting one. He was a late bloomer and then led Indiana Manuel with about 30 points per game as a HS senior. Video looks good (of course). I would assume immediate eligibility since he is D2.
I know in the past if you transferred down you were immediate but if you transferred up you still had to sit a year?...

but yes highlights look good. Like the idea of having him for 2 years.

I know in the past if you transferred down you were immediate but if you transferred up you still had to sit a year?...

but yes highlights look good. Like the idea of having him for 2 years.

Steve Esselink 2.0?

Jalen Coleman-Lands hits the portal. Grad transfer! DePaul 6'4 guard.

Last edited:

Jalen Coleman-Lands hits the portal. Grad transfer! DePaul 6'4 guard.
Looks like he must have gotten a medical hardship waiver for his redshirt junior season at DePaul. He was a 2015 recruit, 6th year player looking for his third school. Played his first two years for the Illini.

Looks like he must have gotten a medical hardship waiver for his redshirt junior season at DePaul. He was a 2015 recruit, 6th year player looking for his third school. Played his first two years for the Illini.
Perhaps not the shooter we are searching for though....

Maybe another wing to keep an eye on if we miss out on Kerwin and a few others

Perhaps not the shooter we are searching for though....
He averaged about 40% on five and a half attempts a game while at Illinois. I thought shooting was supposed to be one of his strengths, but it looks like those numbers dropped off at DePaul.

Top Bottom