Transfer list possibilities, Spring 2020

It looks like a done deal now that all transfers will be eligible immediately, so Peterson likely good to go for next season. I think Gophers end up with Kier or Peterson (Walton to UNC).

Are you texting with Ol' Roy?

Kier can actually play some lead guard ....a 5th year guy who can play some lead guard would be a nice consolation get for this line up next season. A 5th year guy gives them a open scholarship for Nov. date. The argument that Kier would help the Gophs next season as much as Walton would is not without merit

Kier can actually play some lead guard ....a 5th year guy who can play some lead guard would be a nice consolation get for this line up next season. A 5th year guy gives them a open scholarship for Nov. date. The argument that Kier would help the Gophs next season as much as Walton would is not without merit

I don't disagree with your point about having another lead guard, but I think Mash can do that too so I don't give it as much value as say having him this last season. Having Walton and Gabe on the wing would be really really good for spacing offensively and both are plus defenders so that would quite a bit better imo. Kier would be a great consolation in the what I consider likely case that Walton doesn't choose us.

I'd think we're gonna miss out on Kier at this point. He may not have chose us in the end anyway, but I can't imagine Pitino would make the move before Walton commits. I hope I'm wrong cause I'm ready to be done and Kier can play, but there are other transfers out there so I guess you can still have an OK backup plan.

Perez looks like an excellent pick up....Scored 20 points on 11 shots as a freshman in NCAA Tourney upset of Number 1 rated Virginia coached by basketball"Genius" Tony Bennett.

Perez looks like an excellent pick up....Scored 20 points on 11 shots as a freshman in NCAA Tourney upset of Number 1 rated Virginia coached by basketball"Genius" Tony Bennett.
Big deal, Hunter and Huff did not even play. And that is reigning national champ to you ! Are you sure he played for UMBC. He shot very poorly last year,low efficiency and the year before played in the UVA game where GW lost by 15 to UVA in the march to UVA's title.

Last edited:

If we don't get Walton today, I assume we will take Drew Peterson, and that will be that?

Big deal, Hunter and Huff did not even play. And that is reigning national champ to you ! Are you sure he played for UMBC. He shot very poorly last year,low efficiency and the year before played in the UVA game where GW lost by 15 to UVA in the march to UVA's title.
Make that 19pts on ten shots NCAA loss to number 1 Virg as true frosh ...averaged 12 pts and 4 rebounds vs high major teams last 2 seasons. Shot quite a bit better as a frosh with closer 3pt line and being scoring option 2 on his team. Impressive list of teams after him...

ALL THIS from BADGER that says he never, ever makes EXCUSES!!!!!!!!!

BADGER the FRAUD!!!!!

BADGER NEVER makes EXCUSES!!!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Call him out 1984.

Make that 19pts on ten shots NCAA loss to number 1 Virg as true frosh ...averaged 12 pts and 4 rebounds vs high major teams last 2 seasons. Shot quite a bit better as a frosh with closer 3pt line and being scoring option 2 on his team. Impressive list of teams after him...
Just a difference of opinion on what "impressive list of teams" means. No big deal. He may very well be a huge help to someone. Very seldom do mid major guys transfer to a power 6 conference and come even close to their previous production. Jon Rothstein shared his data on the subject.

Regarding UVA’s title. I guess an Auburn fan could use his words and say “big deal Chuma Okeke didn’t play”.

Jose Perez had left the team in early February and never returned. Not a good sign. I checked their message board to see what the scuttlebutt was:

• He's done. I won't elaborate on details but from what I've heard, he might not be missed all that much, and we'll leave it at that.
  • I hope Perez matures and gets his head screwed on straight at some point. He's a great talent, would hate to see it wasted.
  • Jose has been a consistent source of headaches for the program since he arrived, and I don’t think in watching a game you could miss it. His poor attitude is well-documented. I’m just surprised it’s come to this.
  • [post after they won a few games following his departure] Post-Perez we are playing more team basketball and the players seem a lot more happy.
  • They were 9-13 with him, lost their first game without him, and then went 7-2 the rest of the season. I say no thanks. This sounds like Zach Lofton 2.0. Intriguing player but a cancer on the team.

Top Bottom