Think they're close to the announcement?

Someone then needs to go out to the Anoka airport and let Mr. Erickson know we dont appreciate being jerked around. Get like a 100 people out there just booing and heckling as they get off the plane. Post on Youtube of course.

The return flight to here from Philly is off the board! What does that mean? Stay tuned as GopherHole breaks all the news.

The negotiations have failed!

Delta Force needs to be sent in to extract Maturi.

RIP - 'Think they're close to the announcement?'

December 2, 12:54PM - December 2, 1:21PM

Thread's life ruthlessly ended by ChemEGopher at the young age of 27 minutes.

lol-cats_i-love-this-thread-so-much.jpg

The return flight to here from Philly is off the board! What does that mean? Stay tuned as GopherHole breaks all the news.

We triggered some kind of FAA warning of a terrorist threat. Way to go gopherhole!

Someone then needs to go out to the Anoka airport and let Mr. Erickson know we dont appreciate being jerked around. Get like a 100 people out there just booing and heckling as they get off the plane. Post on Youtube of course.

I got the Blaine airport covered.

Awesome!

This thread rocks! After a crappy night at work, I woke up and read this thread. Put me in a great mood. I laughed, I cried, It was the best of times and the worst of times. :p

I love Gopher football fans! :clap:

Imthewalrus (Wren) can start the "MAC-turi to Temple" rumors.

While I didn't (and don't) get all wrapped up in tracking flights, I have a feeling the U thinks they're pretty close to hiring a coach if they're advertising on the front page of Gophersports.com. Other than that, I have no idea who or when an announcement will actually be made, but I'm thinking it will be relatively soon.

Make the madness end, please?!

Mr.Maturi took flight!

“Remember when you ran away and I got on my knees and begged you not to
leave because I'd go berserk?? Well...
You left me anyhow and then the days got worse and worse and now you see
I've gone completely out of my mind.. And..
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa
To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be
happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're
coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!" etc.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleon_XIV

He could be a smokescreen of the actual smokescreen. Double smokescreen all the way across the sky

Well, presumably ChemEGopher could create a smokescreen in his chemistry set. But there's no smokescreen either way. If Maturi did get on a private plane to visit a coach, we have to presume that he went to where the coach is. (Unless the coach and Maturi went all cloak and dagger and both flew to a neutral location.) We can thus eliminate any flights which were not to where any coaches are.

ChemEGopher's statements lend weight to the position that Maturi was not on the flight, but they don't disprove it either. His bosses boss might have merely said that he was going to a meeting, or he might really have been going to a meeting and might have merely offered Maturi a ride since he was going that way anyway. Or the flight to this location could have been a coincidence. I know he is an alumnus, but is a member of any booster clubs?

We'll find out soon enough anyway. This is fun.

I just have to say that, regardless of its veracity, this is bar-none the most entertaining thread on GopherHole since I joined. Eighty-five posts in just over an hour?

This from the guy who recently requested "No More BS Threads." Priceless.

It's not BS. The thread was started because an announcement on GopherSports gave the impression that an announcement would be sooner rather than later. Then there was information that Maturi was out of town on a private jet, which led to reasonable attempts to figure out who he could be talking to based on what private jets were going where.

It's not BS. The thread was started because an announcement on GopherSports gave the impression that an announcement would be sooner rather than later. Then there was information that Maturi was out of town on a private jet, which led to reasonable attempts to figure out who he could be talking to based on what private jets were going where.

Well put. A BS post would be claiming a certain coach had be hired in the title only to open the thread to find it was a joke.

The trouble is that there is some sort of activity every day and we all try to figure it out before we have all the info or even understand what is happening. If someone happens to get it right, it is more a good guess then anything. This is across the board and not just select individuals.

When did the plane arrive in Philly and when did it depart back to MN?

Was it there long enough to only pick someone up, or was is there a few hours making it reasonable that someone was just there for a meeting?

I understand that that original intent of the thread was NOT BS. The speculation and such that followed was certainly entertaining. It was just funny to see dpo get all fired up about something that at best has a remote chance of being true.

What's your point, Quark?

Irony. That is all.

Top Bottom