Ten Gophers football players indefinately suspended

There need to be a serious dose of sunshine and scrutiny put to e this non-democratic panel that has attacked the ten U of M football players.

What is their background, what are their associations, what it their agenda?

More importantly can they hold up from a cross exam?

Kim, Tina, Sofia, Maria, Gabrielle, Kendra, and James. Kim is the director, Tina is the assistant director, everyone is an associate director. 1 man 6 women. That is the EOAA departmemt.
VERY interested in learning more about the EOAA.

Male students have no due process when academic-based bodies make charges. The national "rape crisis" on campuses has been exposed as a fraud in major articles in USA Today and other publications - it started with the misreading of statistics from a small sample at a small college in the East (remember, touching someone's elbow can be construed as "assault" these days). In this case, guilt by association seems added to the mix by our own PC zealots, as the additional kids now being punished were at the same party or apartment that Sept. 2 evening. Most will be cleared, in all likelihood, but the timing is vicious and the national publicity ruinous.

Kim, Tina, Sofia, Maria, Gabrielle, Kendra, and James. Kim is the director, Tina is the assistant director, everyone is an associate director. 1 man 6 women. That is the EOAA departmemt.

Did you just assume their genders?

Ten Gopher Football Players Suspended

This Article is Absolutely Hilarious About the Minnesota EEOC Bias Response Team:
http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=8197

UMN-Twin Cities EEOC Board:
- Six Women
- 1 Man

Let Us Help You:
EOAA investigates complaints about discrimination; harassment, including sexual harassment; sexual misconduct, including sexual assault, stalking, and relationship violence; nepotism; and retaliation.

Kimberly D. Hewitt
Director, Title IX Coordinator
Phone: 612-625-6791
Email:*[email protected]
---------------------------------------------
Tina Marisam
Assistant Director
Phone:*612-626-9357
Sofia Andersson-Stern*
Associate to the Director
Phone: 612-624-9814
Email: [email protected]*
Maria Eustaquio
Phone: 612-625-3531
-------------------------------------------
Gabrielle Mead
Phone: 612-626-8112
Kendra Okposo
Phone:*612-625-3582
Email: [email protected]
James Mason
Phone:*612-301-1712

What a crock of crap. This happened all the way in September and they waited till now to suspend these players? If it was a serious issue, it wouldn't be the football team disciplining them it would be the police.

If said players were involved with the encounter, than that is fair to suspend until all facts come out, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Someone should call into them and file a complaint that THEY'RE sexually harassing 10 men at the University of Minnesota that just happen to play football and see what their response is. That would be fun! :D

A few things I would like to note for all the unhinged zealots out there (special shout out to oakstreet1981 for having some especially hot, brain-dead takes)

-EOAA isn't governed by law, it is governed by a student code of conduct, which is stricter than the law that Hennepin Co. used as an apparatus in this case. Therefore, what happened is likely an incident that falls in between the code of conduct and the law, but not on the other side of either one. Saying "the law cleared them, give it up" unfortunately doesn't apply here even though that would be easier.
-Related, these students are not bound by law and do not have a right to their education or athletic status, it is a privilege that is bestowed to them, and it can be taken away for seemingly minor reasons and unfortunately that seems to happen more and more on college campuses. But it also happens for totally valid reasons and if you have a child that is college-age you probably want a strong student code of conduct that is upheld in real world terms rather than just being a piece of paper (even at the expense of a working nickel package.... OH NO... WON'T SOMEBODY THINK ABOUT THE NICKEL PACKAGE??? I'LL MISS YOU, NICKEL PACKAGE). Not saying that is the case here, at first glance this seems like a stretch, but we also have little information to work with.
-Were I a betting man I would feel comfortable in wagering that the victim of this incident (who had said she wanted to just feel safe and move on) has nothing to do with this 10 person suspension, and EOAA are probably ruining her life too now.

Does the University even have any jurisdiction in this if it happened off campus?

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Schools are at risk of massive lawsuit damages in such cases by denying due process, which is why a few of them (USC, e.g.) have backed off some cases. I made it clear, months before this incident in Sept, to the U of M president that damages could be heavy in such procedures, but he indicated he is fully into the PC rape crisis movement and mentality, and he thus may be ambushed by this EOAA exercise in heavy-handed PC as much as the players.

This is a travesty. The founders of this country would not have been impressed with the accused, after being judged , cleared, being harassed by some.

All Stalinist BS.

Unsolicited advice? Stop with the frick'n political analogies. Your references to Stalin make you look stupider than you probably are.

A few things I would like to note for all the unhinged zealots out there (special shout out to oakstreet1981 for having some especially hot, brain-dead takes)

-EOAA isn't governed by law, it is governed by a student code of conduct, which is stricter than the law that Hennepin Co. used as an apparatus in this case. Therefore, what happened is likely an incident that falls in between the code of conduct and the law, but not on the other side of either one. Saying "the law cleared them, give it up" unfortunately doesn't apply here even though that would be easier.
-Related, these students are not bound by law and do not have a right to their education or athletic status, it is a privilege that is bestowed to them, and it can be taken away for seemingly minor reasons and unfortunately that seems to happen more and more on college campuses. But it also happens for totally valid reasons and if you have a child that is college-age you probably want a strong student code of conduct that is upheld in real world terms rather than just being a piece of paper (even at the expense of a working nickel package.... OH NO... WON'T SOMEBODY THINK ABOUT THE NICKEL PACKAGE??? I'LL MISS YOU, NICKEL PACKAGE). Not saying that is the case here, at first glance this seems like a stretch, but we also have little information to work with.
-Were I a betting man I would feel comfortable in wagering that the victim of this incident (who had said she wanted to just feel safe and move on) has nothing to do with this 10 person suspension, and EOAA are probably ruining her life too now.

In Russia, you are guilty until proven innocent.

Are the EOAA board unfairly biased against minority male student athletes? IMHO, this is a fair question. Are the Title IX standards fairly being applied across the rest of the student population or the rest of the athletic teams, or are they focusing on African American basketball and football athletes because of their high visibility? The Reggie Lynch case. Now this.

Does anybody know how many cases of disciplinary actions and/or expulsions occurred in the general student population involving sexual incidents?

Who appoints the EOAA board? It seems unbalanced, not representative the gender population of the U.

I mean IF this is a case of over zealousness it smells of scary 1950s McCarthyist Era style power to ruin people's life.

These are serious questions. Let me be clear. I don't know the facts in the cases. Six student athletes who where in the vicinity of the party can be suspended. Is there more to the story to warrant such drastic draconian action?

In the corporate world, if you were aware of a crime occurring and you look the other way and did not reported that is grounds for firing. I get it. That is the moral and ethical code of conduct.

Are these young people being singled out because of who they are?

My lord, what is at stake is not just the possibility of this ruling ruining any real chances of Gopher Football Athletics turning the program around. It is difficult enough to recruit players to come here without all this. Who will want their sons to go to a university in this kind of extra-legal climate of fear? What is at stake also is fairness and uniform application of justice.

On the other hand, it is incumbent upon the U Athletics put in place sound mandatory preventative practices. Failure to do so may be the end result of what we are witnessing in the cases of the basketball and football teams. These student athletes are privileged with free education to represent the U. As such they have standards of behavior and good citizenship that is incumbent upon them. We want the U to provide guidance. Teach student athletes accountability for ones actions and the consequences for not doing so. We want to build people's lives not destroy them.

It's true the U doesn't have to meet the legal hurdle, but you are giving them too much latitude. You'd be right if the U still had a 'deviant sex' policy, and they were punished for violating
that policy, but they aren't. It appears they are being presumed guilty and punished for sexual assault, which is in fact a crime. So while the U is probably within its rights to punish, they don't also get to escape the potential liability that accompanies such a serious charge. The sham of 'protecting privacy' aside, they are effectively branding these guys sex offenders and sending them on their way. Lives ruined. Maybe rightly, maybe not, by a 7 member team with no duty to follow due process. It's a litigator's dream.

I completely agree the EOAA has ruined this girl's life as well. Oh the irony. Sounds like she might get sued as well. I doubt they'll win that one (barring clear evidence she acted maliciously), courts likely set the bar pretty high in suits against accusers as it could have a chilling effect on crime victim reporting.

EDIT: ...and the players lawyer probably knows a suit against the accuser is fruitless. If she gets sued it's probably more of a shot across the bow of groups like the EOAA to get their act together and be able to defend their process, otherwise they'll basically be complicit in potential revictimization. Meaning life-changing decisions based on scanty evidence won't just hurt them and the U, but potentially the ones they are claiming to help. If this girl gets sued it will be truly awful for her as well; hang over her head for months, awkward depositions, hearings, public records, ugh.

Where is the leadership in the athletic department on all this? Coyle? Crickets. I hope there is plenty going on behind the scenes because his leadership appears to be on vacation.

This Article is Absolutely Hilarious About the Minnesota EEOC Bias Response Team:
http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=8197

UMN-Twin Cities EEOC Board:
- Six Women
- 1 Man

Let Us Help You:
EOAA investigates complaints about discrimination; harassment, including sexual harassment; sexual misconduct, including sexual assault, stalking, and relationship violence; nepotism; and retaliation.

Kimberly D. Hewitt
Director, Title IX Coordinator
Phone: 612-625-6791
Tina Marisam
Assistant Director
Phone:*612-626-9357
Sofia Andersson-Stern*
Phone: 612-624-9814
Email: [email protected]*
Maria Eustaquio
Phone: 612-625-3531
-------------------------------------------
Gabrielle Mead
Phone: 612-626-8112
Kendra Okposo
Phone:*612-625-3582
James Mason
Phone:*612-301-1712

The rape crisis, like all things postmodern, thrives on hyperbole. Any unwelcome sexual advance is conjoined with brutal bloody sexual assault.

My guess is that this situation started with some sort of alcohol fueled consent, betrayal, escalation through gossip and name-calling, and a public dispute that would formerly result in a lifetime of hurt feelings.

What formerly would have been dismissed by onlookers as regrettable human frailty has become weaponized by administrators whose next agenda item is to mandate the use of GLBT pronouns.

Are the EOAA board unfairly biased against minority male student athletes? IMHO, this is a fair question. Are the Title IX standards fairly being applied across the rest of the student population or the rest of the athletic teams, or are they focusing on African American basketball and football athletes because of their high visibility? The Reggie Lynch case. Now this.

Does anybody know how many cases of disciplinary actions and/or expulsions occurred in the general student population involving sexual incidents?

Who appoints the EOAA board? It seems unbalanced, not representative the gender population of the U.

I mean IF this is a case of over zealousness it smells of scary 1950s McCarthyist Era style power to ruin people's life.

These are serious questions. Let me be clear. I don't know the facts in the cases. Six student athletes who where in the vicinity of the party can be suspended. Is there more to the story to warrant such drastic draconian action?

In the corporate world, if you were aware of a crime occurring and you look the other way and did not reported that is grounds for firing. I get it. That is the moral and ethical code of conduct.

My lord, what is at stake is not just the possibility of this ruling ruining any real chances of Gopher Football Athletics turning the program around. It is difficult enough to recruit players to come here without all this. Who will want their sons to go to a university in this kind of extra-legal climate of fear? What is at stake also is fairness and uniform application of justice.

On the other hand, it is incumbent upon the U Athletics put in place sound mandatory preventative practices. Failure to do so may be the end result of what we are witnessing in the cases of the basketball and football teams. These student athletes are privileged with free education to represent the U. As such they have standards of behavior and good citizenship that is incumbent upon them. We want the U to provide guidance. Teach student athletes accountability for ones actions and the consequences for not doing so. We want to build people's lives not destroy them.

We are in an American McCarthyism 2.0. Just look at the political races we just endured. Don't tout yourself. Kill your opponents credibility.

Where is the leadership in the athletic department on all this? Coyle? Crickets. I hope there is plenty going on behind the scenes because his leadership appears to be on vacation.

What should he be doing?

For starters... Provide some perspective from the athletic department regarding what is going on.

"We're going to let the process play out. Deeply disappointed in the allegations, we need to let the facts and the process dictate the response. "

Now what?

"We're going to let the process play out. Deeply disappointed in the allegations, we need to let the facts and the process dictate the response. "

Now what?

is this an actual quote from somewhere or are you just being facetious?

Now what?

I hardly call that a perspective given this issue has been disected for months.

Strange - Dead silence from Mark Coyle, Tracey Claeys, or from a U spokesperson.

We need a communicator - not just administrative behind the scenes tasks.

In all fairness, news of suspensions happened very late in the day yesterday.

Still, one would expect the AD to make a short PR public statement to the effect that they are aware of the suspensions and will communicate further when more facts are available.

Clearly the U of M needs to become an all woman's University. The tribalistic feminists are running around working to emasculate all men who are not emotionally castrated. Leftesota strikes again. Raise the Alphabet flag and bow to the unisex toilet gods. ?

Clearly the U of M needs to become an all woman's University. The tribalistic feminists are running around working to emasculate all men who are not emotionally castrated. Leftesota strikes again. Raise the Alphabet flag and bow to the unisex toilet gods. ��

:cool02:

Good point. Cheating on a test isn't against the law but is against the code of conduct and in theory could get you expelled. We need to stop pointing to the fact criminal charges were not filed as a reason the players should not be disciplined. The process needs to be based on evidence and on clear standards that are defined and in existence before the proceedings. As others have noted, universities across the country have struggled to create processes that model and respect commonly accepted judicial practices and individual rights.

i wouldnt dump on coyle - ADs know better than to look like they are messing with title xi stuff its the quickest way to get fired in todays world from a public institution

You had me until you mentioned Joe McCarthy, but then you had me again. Very good perspective.

As someone else pointed out, a free education and the opportunity to play college football is a privilege and while these guys can't expected to be monks during their four- or five-year stay at the U, they should at least be a bit more careful about how they interact with the opposite sex.

Top Bottom