Ten Gophers football players indefinately suspended

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/...nization-demand-overhaul-baylor-board-regents
http://es.pn/2f9IvfS

"They believe the only way we can do this is to have true reform of the board. They want a seat at the table when the board selects its next president, and then they want a best-in-class Title IX program on that campus," she said, referring to the federal gender-equity law that requires schools investigate reports of sexual violence.

Federal law requires these investigations by the university.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, we live I this PC world where we are supposed to accept new definitions (same sex, does not matter to me) as OK, but when Kevin Dorsey is part of a 100 percent consentual relationship, then never plays again for the Gophers we have a big news story. So it is OK to be a big lesbian, but if a guy has group sex we go after him? Lots of people disagree with both, but one act gets sanctioned by a "secular" institution? BS

So are non-traditional sexual relationships OK or are they not? I guess Dorsey having sex with a woman who was 100 percent with that group plan, reason for drumming him out of the program. Who gets to decide the morals now? Gay relationships or OK, but now "poly" relationships are not OK? Who gets to make this decision?

This situation now with the football players draws out the hypocrisy. These players are getting legally screwed and the lack of any standards for these university panels is disgusting. This is Stalinist crap.

My hope is there's nothing new, the players are vindicated as they were in the criminal trial, and the sue the pants off of the University in the hopes that this garbage stops. Money talks, and it's the only way to change the upper administration.

The burden of proof in these title IX cases is very low. It's basically 'more likely than not' vs. 'beyond a reasonable doubt'. And it's very controversial. Schools across the country are getting sued by guys that basically have their lives ruined based on he said she said by non-legal professionals in a hearing where they are denied legal representation or any semblance of due process. Based on the criminal investigation outcome, and the seemingly assertive manner the restraining order was dimissed, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the University gets sued by one or more of the players here. Given the potential high profile nature this could end up being very bad for the University (outside the athletic department). The problem is they've been put in a no win situation by the Department of Education.

There was an Outside The Lines about this recently. There was a lady on there that essentially said all it takes is for them to believe the accuser just a tiny bit more for them to take action (51-49). They talked to a former player (don't remember from where) that said he wasn't even asked about what happened before he go expelled.

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/...nization-demand-overhaul-baylor-board-regents

"They believe the only way we can do this is to have true reform of the board. They want a seat at the table when the board selects its next president, and then they want a best-in-class Title IX program on that campus," she said, referring to the federal gender-equity law that requires schools investigate reports of sexual violence.

Yeah no question about it. The schools are put in a terrible situation. They're required to investigate this stuff and act by law. It is a terrible idea.

For serious crimes the universities should NOT be a secondary justice system. They're not built for it, there's a ton of conflicts of interest. It is a bad idea.

We have a mature legal system for all sorts of reason, reinventing the wheel is just inviting all the justice related growing pains, but worse now.

A better way would be to have criminal complaints investigated by those whose job it is to investigate them rather than title IX administrators, but what do I know. We don't let admins investigate manslaughter claims...

There was an Outside The Lines about this recently. There was a lady on there that essentially said all it takes is for them to believe the accuser just a tiny bit more for them to take action (51-49). They talked to a former player (don't remember from where) that said he wasn't even asked about what happened before he go expelled.

I think the problem is, all the schools are secretive about it... and many do things quite differently.

A situation I read where the leaked a transcript from a hearing, the folks interviewing a victim asked some totally inappropriate questions during an investigation. An actual police investigator noted he would get fired for asking a question like that....

Nobody knows what they're doing because Universities aren't equipped for this, despite being required to figure out how to do this stuff.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The justice system is where all of these matters need to start and stop.

So glad I am not in school in this day and age...I would not have survived.

Spoof-if I had my choice I'd remove you from this forum. STHU! Your commentary is old and boring. Move on, son...

Hutton says he is going to expose the EOAA office and sue the victim. Says he was going to bring suit after Jan. 1 but this just accelerated it. Article just posted on Star Trib.

Spoof-if I had my choice I'd remove you from this forum. STHU! Your commentary is old and boring. Move on, son...

Spoof is one of the few not jumping to instance conclusions. Wish we had more fans like that. Too many throwing coach and kids under bus without knowing anything about the situation.

fwiw my buddy told me the individual who was in charge of these cases in EOAA has a reputation for being ruthless in dishing out 'recommendations'

This is a travesty. The founders of this country would not have been impressed with the accused, after being judged , cleared, being harassed by some.

All Stalinist BS.

One of the most ironic consequences of this is how for a presumably progressive policy it has such elitist overtones. We live in a society where there could literally be an internet video of someone molesting a child on the street, and the person would be afforded all the due process, rights and representation our legal system allows, but a college girl accuses you of sexual assault? Skip the lawyer, skip the trial, proceed directly to punishment phase..

Odd post. I can likely find 50 posts I have made on GH that deserve this response - but not a one in this thread. Lucky for you there is an ignore feature you control so you can have your wish. xoxo

Tubby

We have already fired one coach named Tubby now it's time to fire another coach who should be named 'Tubby'

We have already fired one coach named Tubby now it's time to fire another coach who should be named 'Tubby'

Seriously? Did you read like the first post, and then decide to share this insightful dribble?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hutton is an excellent attorney. I hope he shreds a few people.

Unless the players did something new (it doesn't appear so), I don't know how you can fire him now. If you do, then why wouldn't he have gotten fired when the guys were originally suspended? It's appears to be just the one incident that is causing all this.

Lots of large companies like the one I work for do a lot of preventative measures. Does the U, the athletic teams in particular do these preventative measures to hold players accountable? Maybe you can't control the actions of some of the players who are plain bad seeds, but you can prevent a mass epidemic of bad judgement by constant re-assertions.

Once or twice a year we have mandatory training or meetings on topics like harassment in the work place and the consequences, legalities, and what is expected of every employee. This creates a culture of awareness.

They do this for code of ethical conduct, safety in the workplace, chemical safety, fire & tornado drills, etc...

That again is where Jerry Kill's leadership is missed. He reminded players constantly in private and in public that their actions help or hurt the team, the U, and the State as a whole. The players have to be accountable to themselves and to the team. Their actions on and off the playing field reflects on the entire team.

Coyle and Claeys have a lot on their plates. The actions of the four players that occurred a while back may have not resulted in prosecutions or charges. But, the reverberations go far.

Damage is done in the court of public opinion and in the Title IX oversight.

This is a travesty. The founders of this country would not have been impressed with the accused, after being judged , cleared, being harassed by some.

All Stalinist BS.
Wow, you've just swung the pendulum back the other way. None of us know what new evidence, if any, exists yet you are condemning those in the system, and the system, that had a hand in issuing the suspensions. Just like people pointed out it was too early to condemn the players, it is also too early to condemn the system until more information comes out. I hope you are right and that there is not anything new that exists and this is taken care of swiftly and the players are cleared. If this is the case, the system is messed up and needs to be fixed and the judicial system will likely be handling multiple lawsuits against the U. But there still remains the possibility that more information/evidence exists justifying the suspensions. I hope not but it is too early to say. All Stalinist BS....really?

I'd like the PC left to try to defend any of this. The evidence was evaluated by a liberal/ DFL County Attorney, and there were no charges.

We have a large group of young, underserved "African-American" young men getting screwed by the PC white Liberal system trying to "save" them.

Now these guys get sidelined again?

The zealots at the OCR that unleashed this upon the schools and colleges in 2011 (upon pain of loss of federal funding, a death knell)will soon be swept from power. I'm no Trump fan... but I suspect his appointee will roll back all or most of the completely made-up definitions of harassment (inconsistent with case law), the preponderance of evidence standard instead of the clear and convincing standard that was previously acceptable, and the allowance of "double jeopardy" whereby even if cleared the accuser can appeal the finding.

The nuts and bolts of the problems with the 2011 Office of Civil Rights letter can be found here:

https://www.thefire.org/fire-letter...ary-for-civil-rights-russlynn-ali-may-5-2011/

Kim, Tina, Sofia, Maria, Gabrielle, Kendra, and James. Kim is the director, Tina is the assistant director, everyone is an associate director. 1 man 6 women. That is the EOAA departmemt.

Top Bottom