Swedish music videos and performances! (and personal favourites)

From Northern Ireland and I met a lot of people from there in Manchester coming from what seemed like a constant war zone.

The black lesbian bassist came up to me and my friends before a gig in Stockholm wanting to swap t-shirts with me. She was wearing the Thelma & Louise movie one and I was wearing a RIDE shirt but I chickened out and for some reason we didn't know she was in the band and got surprised she was up there onstage.

She played bass but was also a guitarist at times.

Last edited:

Then she became a member of this band and had a relationship with the singer Sonya who once had a surprise visit from Morrissey in her home.

Almost everyone I knew in Manchester were irish one way or the other but not many had green eyes like me. The irish family who owned The Trafford Pub allowed me to stay upstairs for free.

One morning the son had some friends over and I woke up to them singing IRA songs which was nice since I was always fascinated with the troubles and the history and a fan of those songs.

Last edited:

I was not expecting to get tickets to her 1990 gig at Royal Albert Hall but since the ticket tout had not sold them and the doors were opening I got it at the normal price. Inside there were a lot of lesbians from all over the world including Sweden.

Sinead having tea with Morrissey:

cdc7bedaff46d59701a66d53c1f713d7.jpg

The best gig I ever went to was back in 1993 when my brother who was into Ozzy and heavy metal went along to the Depeche Mode gig and we were both blown away.

Clip from Stockholm gig:

Incredible tour and I know there is a great cover band in the states and I happen to know one guy from this old chatroom dedicated to Morrissey who is a member of it. He is the keyboard player Andrew Fletcher in the cover band.

A Hollywood worker in the real sense of the word having featured in a few movies and also done a lot of tv commercials and was even seen briefly in "Mad Men".

Here he is seen with De Niro chatting with a woman behind Amy Brenneman:

Anyhow the Devotional tour in 1993 was amazing and this is what it looked and sounded like:

Think they censored parts of this video cause of the nudity and spanking going on. I once saw a bus station in Sweden with graffiti saying Front 242 and under it someone scribbled Volvo 242. Funny for an old Volvo worker like me.

When the band made their proper debut at The Hacienda in Manchester I was in town with dad but not for music as I went for the first time to see Man United play not on tv but in reality against Liverpool.

This is another famous gig:

Where me and dad were:

David Gedge is a Man United fan but every time he has the time to go to a game they seem to end up losing it. He named this album after legend George Best and through my friends in Manchester I got to know Georgie's cousin James who was a copy of the man and a lecturer at Liverpool university and on one of the last visits to England I stayed with him and his wife for a night in their home in Liverpool. He took me and the other lads for a Sunday roast which was very nice indeed.
He was funny as hell like George and charmed every woman whatever their age was.

Some lads from Norway saw her perform at a record signing in Manchester when I was somewhere else in town but at least I saw this live performance on tv.

Top Bottom