Swedish music videos and performances! (and personal favourites)

The singer of Kitchens of Distinction, Patrick Fitzgerald, has had numerous side projects during his career and Stephen Hero is one of them.

The last album from Kitchens of Distinction was in many ways a disappointment but I liked this one which to me sounds like a tribute to Bowie. I saw Bowie live in London in 1995 but I was only there to see Morrissey who was his support and in fact most people left when Morrissey had finished.
One night many of us rushed from Wembley Arena across to Wembley Stadium to catch the second half of England playing Switzerland.

Patrick and Morrissey have in common their dislike for Margaret Thatcher and both wrote hate songs about her. Patrick works as a GP and is ok again after years of battling his kidney disease.

But I agree with Maggie that there is no such thing as a society. Just the hard work of individual people who in the end finds that the so called society is not there when they need it.

Morrissey was questioned by the Secret Service about the song but Patrick never was.

Last edited:

In this somewhat hilarious video, me and my ex could watch it over and over and laugh our arses off, Morrissey uses a swedish Marabou chocolate bar as a harmonica. He used to buy swedish chocolate from the overseas market in LA and his favourite was Plopp and when here he used to mention his love for the particular brand of swedish chocolate inbetween songs pointing at the big Marabou commercial boards to loud cheers from the mostly swedish crowd.
We drenched the stage in Karlstad in 2006 with Plopp.

245px-Plopp_layout.jpg

It was this video that made most of his fans to believe he was a leftist but I kept telling them for years and years that he's not and in the end he proved it not least in recent years when so many fans turned their backs on him.
"There are some bad people on the right" it says on the wall when he sings "on the rise". The whole point of the song and video is his message that instead of going to raves we should fight for the rights of both humans and animals.

His fascination with skinhead culture has always been there and one of his boyfriends was a skinhead not that a majority of his fans ever admitted to themselves that their idol is in fact gay. You haven't met a complicated person until you've dealt with a large number of Morrissey fans cause they aren't exactly run of the mill.

Top Bottom