Swedish music videos and performances! (and personal favourites)

David and Morrissey fell out over something and that is how this song apparently came about but in around 2013 Morrissey put David and his Seattle girlfriend on the VIP list for a gig down south so all was good in the end.

Last edited:

Nearly died 3 times at one of their London gigs in 1990 when they were adored on Beatles levels and of course they opened the gig with this one after a long intro build up setting the venue off like a bomb and me on the floor 3 times saved by a guy in front of me.

Introduced by Tony the Pony, nah the genius Tony Wilson creator of The Hacienda and everything worth anything back then in Manchester.

Me and many others celebrated Man United winning the league for the first time since I was born back in 1993 at Piccadilly 21 in Manchester and of course massive United fan Shaun Ryder, the singer of Happy Mondays, was there with us. After the last home game United fans celebrated the win in that club to Manchester music only all night through and the drugs were flowing.

Managed to catch this very underrated Manchester band on the outskirts of London in a godforsaken place called New Cross which was the end station and met two swedes outside the venue.

I couldn't believe it when a local record shop owner opened a concert venue and managed to get this band to come to my hometown.

Wayne Hussey's best friend is swedish author Marcus Birro.

Live for the last time:

Last edited:

Watched this and recorded it back when we used VHS and watched it over and over. A memorable live set in the MTV studios in London on the great indie show 120 Minutes.

And the award for the best british indie music video ever goes to this one:

Just like any night out really whether it be in London or Manchester.

Nice of this Manchester band to write a song about Stockholm "where there's fish in the sea and food on shelves".

Top Bottom