Swedish music videos and performances! (and personal favourites)

From the fascinating documentary that revealed quite a lot about the man. I think it features Alan Bennett who was his neighbour for a number of years. I actually met Bennett in the Grey Horse Pub near Chinatown in Manchester without knowing it was him and only found out years later who it was I shared a pint with. I had bought a Morrissey CD and Bennett said he knew him and got a painting from Morrissey when he moved but seemed unaware of how famous Morrissey was or he was just pulling my leg.
Morrissey's dad was such a great footballer he had trials for Manchester United and always took his son to the games. I once threw my United scarf onto the stage and Morrissey played about with it during the song "Roy's Keen" which was some kind of tribute to the former irish United captain Roy Keane.

Bennett told me that the Grey Horse was Morrissey's uncles local pub. This was during that week in May 1999 when United won the treble having just secured the double winning the FA Cup the day before.

Last edited:

My ex was there but I wasn't and the year was 2004 not 2005 as it states. United won the FA Cup the same day on what was Morrissey's birthday.

Sing-a-long with Mozzer!

A guy I sadly never met flew to that gig from LA. He used to take his own picture at Hollywood cemetery and post online. He is now a lawyer somewhere else in the states.

Morrissey is dead set on one day looking like Al Bundy. This is a song about Hector from Boyle Heights I presume.

Last edited:

Strangeways prison and Boddingtons Brewery and a bicycle ride with Morrissey. I bought a limited numbered copy of his book about James Dean in Manchester city centre just a week or so before the IRA destroyed that part of the city with a bomb as a protest against the queen who at the time of the explosion arrived on horse and carriage down in London for her celebration.

Hooky from Joy Divison and New Order is as the best bassist in the world also blessed with his own band and I know where he has his season ticket seat at Old Trafford in the Stretford End.

Look to the right of the goal when United play at home.

I mentioned Jose Maldonado above so here he is in what was Swedish tv's best popular culture show which was called "Kobra". Opens in swedish but interviews are in english.

This video features the controversial english footballer Joey Barton who played for Manchester City and Newcastle to mention two of all his clubs. He always found himself involved in trouble at every club but did go to therapy for years to control his inner rage.
Of course a guy liked that caught Morrissey's eye and the two became friends and so Morrissey invited him to be part of this video.

Top Bottom