Spring Practice Observations

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/l7Ky808S5hA5O" width="480" height="380" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://giphy.com/gifs/l7Ky808S5hA5O">Hmmm...</a></p>

Crushed it, too funny.

Can you guys stop with the initials or numbers to label players, especially with players who haven't even seen the field yet! It isn't that much more work to give names so everyone knows who you are talking about.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can you guys stop with the initials or numbers to label players, especially with players who haven't even seen the field yet! It isn't that much more work to give names so everyone knows who you are talking about. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is his "bit" and he thinks it's cool. He thinks he is the Common Man of Gopher Hole. Just let him do it so he can feel good about himself.

1) Brooks wanted to wear #8 last year, but had to switch because of special teams, at least that's my memory
2) I don't think there's a ton to glean from the practices since they are experimenting and installing a lot of stuff.
3) individually, it's tough to know who's doing well and looking good, but people who looked good to me were:
Register - very smooth and fast, looks like a good option on jet sweeps, similar to D Jones a couple years ago.
Huff Bros - Julian was making some big hits, Jacob had an amazing pick
Green - was pretty darn calm and collected, handled the rush well and bought time to find a dump off target, looked to be very accurate despite pressure
Rallis - made a bunch of plays, seemed to be in the backfield a lot and has some good edge moves
Ray Dixon - looks to have filled out and was much more noticeable than in the past
Ayinde - didn't notice the safeties a ton, but their open field tackling was excellent, Kunle had some nice tackles in space
Rhoda - looks to be very solid, made some great throws, looks poised, a very nice depth option
WRs - I still saw too many drops, but Carter and Still made some great grabs

Section2 did Brian Smith stand out to you for the WRs. He had at least 2-3 catches where we went "wow, great hands". Seems to have the size too.

Agree with everything else you said.

Section2 did Brian Smith stand out to you for the WRs. He had at least 2-3 catches where we went "wow, great hands". Seems to have the size too.

Yes, definitely. Although I've thought the same thing in past camps, and he never gets PT, so I tried to include people likely to play. I hope that changes. I know everyone is talking about Adam Mayer as well, and same thing.

Brian Smith might be a sleeper. I remember thinking he was a nice get as a PWO. Unless he has surpassed Still and Gentry, depending on the scheme it might be hard for him to see the field this season. Speed there?

Brian Smith might be a sleeper. I remember thinking he was a nice get as a PWO. Unless he has surpassed Still and Gentry, depending on the scheme it might be hard for him to see the field this season. Speed there?

I'm guessing speed and separation are why he isn't getting PT. Hands and size are definitely there.

We have a lot of good WRs, and Tyler Johnson is someone I am very intrigued by. Broken record, but it totally depends on our Oline this year, for both passing and rushing. Everything builds from the ability to make holes for our backs, and to let our QBs get comfortable and to buy time for guys to get open. Lot riding on Bart Miller!

One guy I forgot was Cashman, really like the look of this kid, bright future. Special team standouts often have a way of becoming very productive players. Cashman was noticeable on ST last year.

Can you guys stop with the initials or numbers to label players, especially with players who haven't even seen the field yet! It isn't that much more work to give names so everyone knows who you are talking about.

10-4 a2u

I'm guessing speed and separation are why he isn't getting PT. Hands and size are definitely there.

We have a lot of good WRs, and Tyler Johnson is someone I am very intrigued by. Broken record, but it totally depends on our Oline this year, for both passing and rushing. Everything builds from the ability to make holes for our backs, and to let our QBs get comfortable and to buy time for guys to get open. Lot riding on Bart Miller!

One guy I forgot was Cashman, really like the look of this kid, bright future. Special team standouts often have a way of becoming very productive players. Cashman was noticeable on ST last year.

We do have a lot of big athletic guys at WR. Is adam mayer the freshman who had the one handed catch then juked the first couple guys to miss him? We need to find someone to fill in for KJ. I'm assuming Carter will get that role but he is an unknown even though he has looked great in almost every practice I've been to.

I agree the Oline is going to make or break the season for us, mainly because our running game will still be so important. Maybe it was just what they were working on in practice but there were a lot of short quick throws, the Oline won't have to block very long if they get rid of the ball so quickly.

It is his "bit" and he thinks it's cool. He thinks he is the Common Man of Gopher Hole. Just let him do it so he can feel good about himself.

Bit? LOL

I simply find it amazing and sad how worked up some folks get about something so little and meaningless. It just makes me want to do it more. Plus, Holding strong is inspiring to the young kids on here - I'm changing the World.

1) Brooks wanted to wear #8 last year, but had to switch because of special teams, at least that's my memory
2) I don't think there's a ton to glean from the practices since they are experimenting and installing a lot of stuff.
3) individually, it's tough to know who's doing well and looking good, but people who looked good to me were:
Register - very smooth and fast, looks like a good option on jet sweeps, similar to D Jones a couple years ago.
Huff Bros - Julian was making some big hits, Jacob had an amazing pick
Green - was pretty darn calm and collected, handled the rush well and bought time to find a dump off target, looked to be very accurate despite pressure
Rallis - made a bunch of plays, seemed to be in the backfield a lot and has some good edge moves
Ray Dixon - looks to have filled out and was much more noticeable than in the past
Ayinde - didn't notice the safeties a ton, but their open field tackling was excellent, Kunle had some nice tackles in space
Rhoda - looks to be very solid, made some great throws, looks poised, a very nice depth option
WRs - I still saw too many drops, but Carter and Still made some great grabs

Thanks. Great post.

I simply find it amazing and sad how worked up some folks get about something so little and meaningless. It just makes me want to do it more. Plus, Holding strong is inspiring to the young kids on here - I'm changing the World.

Some of us find it amazing that someone needs to keep doing something so little and meaningless just to prove they can.

Anyone know why Rashad Still changed his number?

Here are the highlights I remember watching when he committed. To me looks better than your average PWO receiver. Obvious size, aggressive, nice jumping ability, decent speed, and fights for the ball on offense and as a safety. Looks like an aggressive blocker. What's not to like? By all accounts seems to have good hands; maybe his routes need work.

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/athlete/991821/highlights/18755384' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bit? LOL

Well finally something we can agree upon. It fits you to a T.

Well finally something we can agree upon. It fits you to a T.

Yesterday you are against name calling. Apparently not so much today.

STOP QUOTING EVERY POST I MAKE. I DON'T LIKE BEING STALKED.

He thinks he is the Common Man..... hey dude aim higher!

Honestly I don't think that Spoofin's name thing is a big deal at all! It makes no sense for people to complain about it unless they don't know a person's name or number. But most of the people who complain about it know exactly who he is talking about when he says ML7 or RS24

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Honestly I don't think that Spoofin's name thing is a big deal at all! It makes no sense for people to complain about it unless they don't know a person's name or number. But most of the people who complain about it know exactly who he is talking about when he says ML7 or RS24

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

When it is about key players that get major playing time, it is easy to figure it out. But when he does it for players that play smaller parts, or haven't even seen the field yet it is very annoying. Not all of us have memorized the 3 deep roster yet.

Can we all move on and discuss spring practice observations now?

Can we all move on and discuss spring practice observations now?

Yes. Seriously. Back to spring practice. Can anyone make it to the ones this week? I have to work so I won't be able to.

The team posted a picture on social media showing the practice yesterday at TCF, I noticed the temporary seats have been removed. There had been some conversation on here about whether they would remove the seats, it looks like they will be gone. 12719195_1184834628196290_2102686234004009139_o.jpg

Why would they have kept 5,000 blues seats in a beautiful stadium? Made no sense at any time. They are raising prices and have a weak home schedule this year. Now get white tents set up. :)

Top Bottom