rumor mill.......jd speilman

It was a great play, but not many #3 receivers in our history had a QB who could have made that throw.
That catch was much, much better than the throw, and was one of the best catches in MN football history (Vikings included), preventing what should have been an inexplicable throw out of bounds to end the game. Tanner is a great QB, but that throw was no shining Morgant.

That catch was much, much better than the throw, and was one of the best catches in MN football history (Vikings included), preventing what should have been an inexplicable throw out of bounds to end the game. Tanner is a great QB, but that throw was no shining Morgant.

That might be one of dumbest takes I’ve ever read on Gopherhole. The play was designed to go to CAB, he was covered like a blanket, and Morgan put the ball in the only place it could have been caught, while getting drilled by a Fresno defender. CAB did a great job catching it, while getting his feet down in bounds. IMO, it was one of the best plays in Gopher history, but that’s different than believing CAB is an adequate replacement for TJ at the #2.

That might be one of dumbest takes I’ve ever read on Gopherhole. The play was designed to go to CAB, he was covered like a blanket, and Morgan put the ball in the only place it could have been caught, while getting drilled by a Fresno defender. CAB did a great job catching it, while getting his feet down in bounds. IMO, it was one of the best plays in Gopher history, but that’s different than believing CAB is an adequate replacement for TJ at the #2.
So you believe that a throw that had a 99% chance of being incomplete was exactly what we dialed up there. I hardly think so. That’s ridiculous.

So you believe that a throw that had a 99% chance of being incomplete was exactly what we dialed up there. I hardly think so. That’s ridiculous.

Fleck said they drew the play up for CAB on the sidelines, because they were doubling/bracketing Bateman and TJ. If you have a problem with the play call, you should focus on the coaching staff, not the players who executed it perfectly and won the game.

Fleck said they drew the play up for CAB on the sidelines, because they were doubling/bracketing Bateman and TJ. If you have a problem with the play call, you should focus on the coaching staff, not the players who executed it perfectly and won the game.
lol. Yeah, again, you thinking that the play was executed exactly as drawn up is comical. Tanner’s throw clearly arrived late on that play. If you cannot understand that, I can’t help you.

lol. Yeah, again, you thinking that the play was executed exactly as drawn up is comical. Tanner’s throw clearly arrived late on that play. If you cannot understand that, I can’t help you.

I just watched the replay. CAB was running down the sideline, completely blanketed by the defender. On 4th and 13. He was never open. I’m surprised Morgan could even see him. The throw was placed in the only spot where it could have been completed.

If you think this was a bad play by Morgan, I’m going to have to assume anti-Morgan bias is at play, or something, because that’s baffling

In the PC, Fleck discussed how he interrupted KC to make this play call. Explanation begins at 2:15.

Ron Johnson chimes in.

Ron Johnson (@3RonJohnson) Tweeted:
@JacobGrover11 Buddy... I work in the same arena w/ his dad. His brother is in my weekly bible study. I’ve known one of his best friends Carter Coughlin since they were kids... #BoyStop ???

RJ still going on about this. Considering his affiliation with the Vikings, this is pretty surprising.

RJ still going on about this. Considering his affiliation with the Vikings, this is pretty surprising.

Strange.
Seems like an odd thing to campaign for.
Seems like an odd thing to talk about if you "know something".

Ron is fun because he's a fan at heart and that's good for the TV roles he's playing.
But this is a bit off.

CAB is a very good receiver. He’ll be very good in the #2 role next year if nobody else emerges.
Agreed. There’s 100 teams in this country that would take CAB as their second receiver. This board is amazing.

Dude that throw was Perfect! How could it have been better?

My sources say Spielman was recently spotted buying a warmer winter coat...

Man, I hope they can make this happen. After what I saw today, I don’t see an obvious #2 on this roster. Hopefully, one of the underclassman or Freshman can step up. Either that, or CAB will need to elevate his game. A lot.

I really don't see how you can judge the other receivers at this point. Johnson and Bateman are going to get the majority of plays. CAB made alot of plays for a 3rd option. That said, I'd take Spielman in a heartbeat.

Spielman does a lot of things.....you add a dynamic KR/PR by bringing him in addition to another dynamic WR. I doubt any Freshman is as good as Spielman plus if Douglas improves you have numerous to throw to.

The main reason Spielman would come here is that Fleck has developed QB & WR into pro prospects. Davis drafted, Johnson will be drafted and look at what Bateman has become---also look at what his qbs have developed into.

I really don't see how you can judge the other receivers at this point. Johnson and Bateman are going to get the majority of plays. CAB made alot of plays for a 3rd option. That said, I'd take Spielman in a heartbeat.
CAB is very good at coming down with contested catches, has great body control and hands, but he struggles to get separation.

Even though he is the #3 option, he is rarely as open as Bateman and TJ manage to get. Seems like he is almost always covered up pretty tightly when we throw to him.

Nice.

FYI, you don't have to use the "embed" option anymore with the new message board. Just copy the url for the tweet and paste it. Then you won't have all that extra stuff before and after the tweet.
Yeah it took me a minute to figure that out.

It's like we live in the future now or something.

Peeped what?

nice.gif

Nonsense like that tweet may be why he doesn’t say much.

“I peeped it” maybe that means he took an unofficial visit to check us out? Maybe on Sat, with Dad still in town? They played Fri, guessing Vikings left on Sunday.

Would we rather have Shorter from Penn State? He's in the portal.

I've been hanging out on Gopherhole since 2009. I thought I had seen everything. I mean, there are a lot of opinions that come up that are "out there." But now I have truly seen it all. We've got a guy insisting the spectacular throw/catch that made the Fresno State win possible was... a poor throw.

Oh my.

Top Bottom