rumor mill.......jd speilman

Just had a graphic on BTN during Iowa/Nebraska that Spielman is 200 or so yards away from being Nebraska's all time leading receiver. The announcers said since he's just a junior, he's going to break the record by a wide margin.
I'd bet otherwise.

Just had a graphic on BTN during Iowa/Nebraska that Spielman is 200 or so yards away from being Nebraska's all time leading receiver. The announcers said since he's just a junior, he's going to break the record by a wide margin.
I'd bet otherwise.
Keep in mind this entire thread is based on fan conjecture and no one has reported one word from Spielman himself. So I wouldn't be at all surprised if this is all made up.

Keep in mind this entire thread is based on fan conjecture and no one has reported one word from Spielman himself. So I wouldn't be at all surprised if this is all made up.
It’s based on Neb fans saying they could see where several guys transfer off the team at the end of the season, based on an off quote.

My comments aren't based on this thread or any comments from Nebraska fans. I heard this was possible from someone who I trust before any of this hit the Internet.

Will 5-7 get in this year?
I didn't make a thread this year to see.
I actually noted that a day or two ago (no 5-7 thread needed). It was unnecessary this year. I was so happy, but wasn't really worth mentioning. 5-7 very well may get them a bowl game. I thought I read we're way short of 6-6 teams this year...

Watching Frost's behavior from time to time leads me to think that anyone who doesn't like that sort of thing will leave the team. Just doesn't have the ingredients to be a leader.

The off season will be interesting in regards to J.D. Spielman. Does he have enough credits to Grad Transfer?

Watching Frost's behavior from time to time leads me to think that anyone who doesn't like that sort of thing will leave the team. Just doesn't have the ingredients to be a leader.

Frost doesn't seem like the type of coach who really wants to listen to his players if they have any concerns.

My theory is he won at UCF with an advantage of talent, with players running a open offense who played it pretty well.

At Nebraska, he's trying to run the same offense, but he don't have a big advantage in talent and he's not a detailed oriented enough coach to coach the details to provide his players that advantage to win.

“Doesn’t like that sort of thing” Not sure what that means....

But I have often wondered how the local media would receive him if he were coaching at the U. He really comes off cold without much personality, not even comparatively speaking. He comes off like a prick during press conferences. Ask him about injuries and look out. Considering the complaints and frustrations with Fleck in regards to players’ injuries, Frost comes off much more challenging.

But, considering some specific members of the local media, maybe Frost would fit in very well!

“Doesn’t like that sort of thing” Not sure what that means....

But I have often wondered how the local media would receive him if he were coaching at the U. He really comes off cold without much personality, not even comparatively speaking. He comes off like a prick during press conferences. Ask him about injuries and look out. Considering the complaints and frustrations with Fleck in regards to players’ injuries, Frost comes off much more challenging.

But, considering some specific members of the local media, maybe Frost would fit in very well!
I admit, poor wording. Comes across like a prick on the field therefore leading me to think that he doesn't relate well to his players. He may fit in with the media, but he clearly wouldn't fit in with the fans and the players here. Glad he isn't here.

Fans comparing him to PJ Fleck only exacerbates his poor public communication skills.

Throwing kids under the bus instead of accepting responsibility IMHO doesn't resonate well with some of his players.

The Gopher football team seem to be one family and are having fun. I don't see that with the Nebraska team. Maybe it's just my gut feeling.

Man, I hope they can make this happen. After what I saw today, I don’t see an obvious #2 on this roster. Hopefully, one of the underclassman or Freshman can step up. Either that, or CAB will need to elevate his game. A lot.

CAB is a very good receiver. He’ll be very good in the #2 role next year if nobody else emerges.

CAB is a very good receiver. He’ll be very good in the #2 role next year if nobody else emerges.

Someone described him as “complimentary,” which is how I see it. He’s good in space, and will make the catch if the throw is perfect, but I don’t envision him making a lot of contested catches. He had a rough day today.

Someone described him as “complimentary,” which is how I see it. He’s good in space, and will make the catch if the throw is perfect, but I don’t envision him making a lot of contested catches. He had a rough day today.

Was today the first day you watched him?

No, and I’m of the opinion that he’s not an adequate #2, unless he improves a lot before next season. Feel free to disagree. Douglas is an even worse option.
He’s better than pretty much all our #1s (sans TJ/Bateman) since Decker. He’s already very good and will improve. If he got the same opportunities as the other two this year his numbers would’ve been right up there with them.

No, and I’m of the opinion that he’s not an adequate #2, unless he improves a lot before next season. Feel free to disagree. Douglas is an even worse option.

He's made a number of clutch, contested catches. You either don't watch regularly, or you have a short memory.

Today wasn't CAB's best day, and Tanner's passes to him weren't as perfect either.

CAB is one of our best WR's since AJ Barker. I know a lady who know's AJ's mom and that's what her opinion was.

Ron Johnson chimes in.

Ron Johnson (@3RonJohnson) Tweeted:
@JacobGrover11 Buddy... I work in the same arena w/ his dad. His brother is in my weekly bible study. I’ve known one of his best friends Carter Coughlin since they were kids... #BoyStop ???

Last edited:

Ron Johnson chimes in.

Ron Johnson (@3RonJohnson) Tweeted:
@JacobGrover11 Buddy... I work in the same arena w/ his dad. His brother is in my weekly bible study. I’ve known one of his best friends Carter Coughlin since they were kids... #BoyStop ???

If someone in the Speilman family really has told something about this to Ron, can't imagine that they are thrilled with him getting into a Twitter pissing match about it this soon after the end of the season.

Top Bottom