rumor mill.......jd speilman

Spiel man is probably icing to play for a QB that hits his receivers in stride and is a throw first QB. Nebraska's offense is a bad fit for JD.

Where exactly in the podcast did he say this?

I didn't hear it in the beginning or end but don't want to listen otherwise.
It's in there, I heard it too. Had a section of the podcast talking up a Goal Line Club members only event coming up where he will speak on recruiting and he tossed out there an unnamed WR transfer.

It's in there, I heard it too. Had a section of the podcast talking up a Goal Line Club members only event coming up where he will speak on recruiting and he tossed out there an unnamed WR transfer.
I listened to his podcast last night.
He said a possible "Big Ten West" transfer at WR.

Maybe he'll make an exception for Slick-Rick Spielman. Rick might have a plan to use the Gophers roster as an expanded practice squad.

Also, if you are seeing the results of what the Gophers are doing with WR's, JD could improve his draft stock significantly perhaps if he has improvements to make in his pass catching process.

I'll trust PJ's judgement on this one.

I know it was mentioned specifically that Burns talked about a rumored Big Ten West transfer.

This PSU receiver just entered the transfer portal. I’m guessing PJ would be willing to take a close look at him.

I know it was mentioned specifically that Burns talked about a rumored Big Ten West transfer.

This PSU receiver just entered the transfer portal. I’m guessing PJ would be willing to take a close look at him.

Former top 10 recruit int the country.

Right, and he’s only a Sophomore. It sounds like he’s their 3rd or 4th option, similar to CAB and DD. Who knows what’s going on behind the scenes, but I’d take him.

The Gopher receivers were clearly better than Penn State's. If the guy is only the 3rd or 4th option for PSU, he'd be lower on the depth chart here.

The Gopher receivers were clearly better than Penn State's. If the guy is only the 3rd or 4th option for PSU, he'd be lower on the depth chart here.

Maybe all of their receivers would be better in this system with this coaching staff. We definitely have the better QB.

Maybe all of their receivers would be better in this system with this coaching staff. We definitely have the better QB.

Yeah, but their QB can stalk out of medical tents like a man on a mission.

That’s the kid that psu was throwing to on that first AWJR INT.

That’s the kid that psu was throwing to on that first AWJR INT.

Yeah, Clifford never should have thrown that. Winfield had him covered perfectly all the way down the field. A perfect throw might have have been a TD, but he doesn’t have that kind of accuracy.

Burns may not be above stirring the pot to entice a few more subscribers. If a WR of Spielman’s caliber wants to come for a year do you make room for a 1 year guy? Depends on whether it’s perceived the next guys up are ready and capable to play at an elite level/complementary to Morgan. Many potential options but none really proven although the coaches obviously have a feel at this point. A guy like Spielman is a known.

By the time a transfer is eligible...most of our top guys will or may be gone.
But, many of our highest rated recruits who haven’t played at all or much are wide receivers.
So, ? We do know PJ likes wide receivers!

By the time a transfer is eligible...most of our top guys will or may be gone.
But, many of our highest rated recruits who haven’t played at all or much are wide receivers.
So, ? We do know PJ likes wide receivers!
Grad transfers are eligible immediately.

Burns may not be above stirring the pot to entice a few more subscribers. If a WR of Spielman’s caliber wants to come for a year do you make room for a 1 year guy? Depends on whether it’s perceived the next guys up are ready and capable to play at an elite level/complementary to Morgan. Many potential options but none really proven although the coaches obviously have a feel at this point. A guy like Spielman is a known.
If Spielman wants to to transfer here, we should take him, no questions asked.

He is a pretty dynamic playmaker who has not played with great QBs. Bateman, CAB, Spielman would be a ton of talent.

It's somewhat unfortunate for guys like Douglas, Van Dyne, Green, and others who might be seeing an opportunity to crack the lineup, but Spielman is a legit All Big 10 type talent. You take him, no doubt.

Shorter was a top 10 recruit (5 star, #1 WR recruit in the country, etc.).

Burns said "Big Ten West" so it wouldn't have been this kid he was talking about

Fleck always said he is recruiting guys to replace them. Douglas had better be on alert.

What do you mean "throw first" QB?
Martinez is always looking to run when he drops back to pass. Nebraska has a lot of broken plays that end up being backyard football. Minnesota receivers run disciplined patterns and they expect the ball to be delivered with a rhythm to the route they are running. Morgan has delivered the ball time and again to Johnson, Bateman, CAB and Douglas in conjunction with well timed routes. Morgan want to throw that ball, Nebraska QB's not so much.

Top Bottom