Reid Travis Picks Stanford Over U

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize if this has been stated already, but Reid's gf is on scholarship at the U of M for soccer.

Am I the only person that sees this as a bad sign? Maybe it's just because all of my high school girlfriends were the Antichrist.

Pat Lawless just made the switch from DUke to Minny - now 53% - 47% Minny lead on 24/7... I promise this is my last update on where Travis goes based on 24/7. I'll leave the updates for someone else now that we're ahead.
Lawless has changed his pick from Duke to Minnesota to Duke and now Minnesota in less than 24 hours

No it's not a bad sign the person who told me was joking but being serious at the same time he side Reid has one friend and that's his gf but he was saying Reid and his gf hang out all the time

No it's not a bad sign the person who told me was joking but being serious at the same time he side Reid has one friend and that's his gf but he was saying Reid and his gf hang out all the time

This thread just got weird and it's my fault. Sorry Interwebs.

Anyone else get annoyed how all the 24 7 just change prediction the day before a guy commits, when everyone knows already? If you look at Lawless's predictions, 90% of them are made the day before a commitment. Kinda ruins the fun I would think

Anyone else get annoyed how all the 24 7 just change prediction the day before a guy commits, when everyone knows already? If you look at Lawless's predictions, 90% of them are made the day before a commitment. Kinda ruins the fun I would think

No, because the purpose of the feature is to show where people think the recruitment currently stands. If people get new info a day before a commitment, then they will change their prediction accordingly to show how things currently stand.

*19. Huge difference between a 12 and a 19 year old.

He's interviewed everyone from Emmanuel Mudiay to Malik Newman in person... I think it's 1) safe to say he's not 12 (he's 18) & 2) safe to say he knows enough about basketball to make predictions on 24/7

In all fairness, Alex Kline is 18 and a recruiting guru!

Alex Kline was despised by virtually every recruiting analyst for a long time because while perceived as an expert, all he did was follow actual analysts on Twitter and pass off their info as his own. People like Evan Daniels complaied on Twitter about him all the time. After each one of his tweets you could run a search and find the same thing was tweeted by someone else minutes (and many times seconds) earlier. He got to where he is by stealing other people's info leading to more and more followers, which caught peoples' attention. Since then he has become well known and developed some connections because of that, but I wouldn't call him a guru.

Alex Kline was despised by virtually every recruiting analyst for a long time because while perceived as an expert, all he did was follow actual analysts on Twitter and pass off their info as his own. People like Evan Daniels complaied on Twitter about him all the time. After each one of his tweets you could run a search and find the same thing was tweeted by someone else minutes (and many times seconds) earlier. He got to where he is by stealing other people's info leading to more and more followers, which caught peoples' attention. Since then he has become well known and developed some connections because of that, but I wouldn't call him a guru.

You're right GOTR, Alex Kline got an entire spread in the USAToday sports section by stealing others tweets. Oh, and he got on Forbes' "30 under 30" list of most influential figures (with people like LeBron James) in sports by following other analysts & copying them. I'm sorry but that is laughable... You're arguing just to argue.

Edit: Maybe he caught peoples attention when he started TheRecruitScoop at 15 and sold it to Yahoo a year later... Probably stole that from someone too though.

You're right GOTR, Alex Kline got an entire spread in the USAToday sports section by stealing others tweets. Oh, and he got on Forbes' "30 under 30" list of most influential figures (with people like LeBron James) in sports by following other analysts & copying them. I'm sorry but that is laughable... You're arguing just to argue.

Any time a young kid has an absurd amount of followers on Twitter it's going to catch attention. They also did an article on Nils Wagner (Hoopmixtape) and Dan Ponemon because they were young and had lots of followers. That's really all it took for them to get those articles. Since then, Kline has done some good things. He has run an annual all-star game to raise money and awareness for cancer which is awesome. Not trying to "argue just to argue." I was just sharing what I know. Sorry if that offended you for some reason (not sure why it would). It is an absolute fact though that he used to regularly take other people's info and tweet it as if it was his own. It was widely known and he tweeted an apology and agreed to give credit to who the info was from from then on after being bashed by loads of real analysts (Evan Daniels was the most well known one. Jeff Goodman may have also been involved, but can't remember for sure). No reason for me to make up a story like this. If you want to deny that even though you have no knowledge on the subject, then you are the one who is "arguing just to argue."

From GuyFawkes who posted his twitter (romidaman) earlier that said he'd have an update on twitter before here:

"The family is starting to accept the fact that Reid Travis will be committing to the Gophers on Friday" "Feels most comfortable there"

"Travis is very appreciative of the attention he has gotten from UMN, Coaches, and especially from current, past, and future gopher players"

From GuyFawkes who posted his twitter (romidaman) earlier that said he'd have an update on twitter before here:

"The family is starting to accept the fact that Reid Travis will be committing to the Gophers on Friday" "Feels most comfortable there"

"Travis is very appreciative of the attention he has gotten from UMN, Coaches, and especially from current, past, and future gopher players"

Thanks for getting the topic back by Reid. (Although I admit I added to the debate) This if true, is probably the most conclusive news we have now that Reid will be a Gopher come Friday evening.

Check your PM GOTR.

This is great news if true!

From GuyFawkes who posted his twitter (romidaman) earlier that said he'd have an update on twitter before here: "The family is starting to accept the fact that Reid Travis will be committing to the Gophers on Friday" "Feels most comfortable there" "Travis is very appreciative of the attention he has gotten from UMN, Coaches, and especially from current, past, and future gopher players"

Lol, starting to accept the fact?

Hope this guy isn't messing with us, but I feel good about getting Reid either way. Can't wait for him to make it official.

He's made no secret his side of the story is the fam wants Stanford, so if you believe his story, that is what he means by "starting to accept the fact"

He's made no secret his side of the story is the fam wants Stanford, so if you believe his story, that is what he means by "starting to accept the fact"

I know, it's just funny the way it's stated.

Not sold on this guy's updates, but I'm hopeful Reid will be a Gopher come Friday.

This makes sense and comes into focus based on what I know. Several months ago, someone I know very well was visiting with Mrs. Travis and, point blank, asking her where Reid was with his discernment process. At the time, Mrs. T said she didn't know where he was leaning, and she didn't think even he knew what he was thinking at the time. But she said that she could see him ending up on the west coast. That nugget is much of the reason I've been projecting him to Stanford all along and even voting Stanford on the poll as late as last week. But now with this latest buzz, it seems that maybe the "west coast" thing was more intriguing to the family members than it has been for Reid himself. I say maybe because we still don't know anything for sure, of course.

STrib: 'Big Three' prep basketball standouts dazzle recruiters

This group, however, is different. Jones, Vaughn and Travis are not simply good; they are elite. All three are rated in the top 25 of the Class of 2014, according to ESPN, which ranks Jones at No. 4, Vaughn at No. 17 and Travis at No. 23. The trio has been soaking up the national limelight for years, being wooed by some of the country’s best programs in Duke, Kansas, Kentucky and North Carolina, to name a few.

Travis is probably the Gophers’ best hope of any of the three. The forward took an official visit to Minnesota in October, the only one of the three to do so at their home state school, and he seems to respect the new Gophers staff and like Pitino’s system, even showing up at the team’s exhibition game at Williams Arena on Monday, only days before announcing his college decision.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/230752001.html

Go Gophers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom