POST GAME THREAD: GOPHERS COMPLETE HOLLYWOOD SWEEP!!

Still no answer to what in the world is wrong with the offensive line on run blocking. Taylor was one on four most of the night at the line of scrimmage.
I’m gob smacked by the whole thing OL assignments and blocking rules re who blocks who is not super hard and it seems like we have free runners meeting our Rbs almost when they get the ball from 16. We have switched out 71 for 78. I think we need to switch one or two more.

Why are we doing this? Winfield was a lock on D, even as a freshman.
Yeah, I don't get why some have to always decide who is better between great players. AWJR was and amazing player for us, Nubin was great, and while Perich still has to prove it over time he looks poised to be another great safety for us who is destined for big things.

I’m gob smacked by the whole thing OL assignments and blocking rules re who blocks who is not super hard and it seems like we have free runners meeting our Rbs almost when they get the ball from 16. We have switched out 71 for 78. I think we need to switch one or two more.
The Bye Week gives them ample opportunity to make changes with their assignments or put in different players; if it doesn’t happen now, then it won’t happen barring an injury.

This might sound like a weird take, but I’m glad the Gophs had no timeouts at the end. It put the game in Brosmer’s and receivers hands. No going into the turtle shell and running the ball playing for a field goal.
Have I been missing all the times this year we have gone into "turtle" mode and played for a field goal? I don't get why some of you are so convinced we are going to do that when we seem to be doing the opposite game after game.

Winning games beats the sh!t out of losing them. I expected a tough game off an emotional high. Good time for the bye. It was a cold tub, physical kind of game. Daniel Jackson is beast, that was a catch on the sideline.
He’ll play on Sundays

Have I been missing all the times this year we have gone into "turtle" mode and played for a field goal? I don't get why some of you are so convinced we are going to do that when we seem to be doing the opposite game after game.
North Carolina game and before halftime last week.

He’s still a liability as a position player. Out of position at times, didn’t get home in pass rush, coverage is not anything to write home about. He’s explosive and a ball hawk. That’s a great base to build from but he’s not ‘elite’ until he’s a positive contributor at every task.
A liability on defense? Are you insane? No, he has not yet got home on pass rush but Jah and Striggow seldom do either.

This might sound like a weird take, but I’m glad the Gophs had no timeouts at the end. It put the game in Brosmer’s and receivers hands. No going into the turtle shell and running the ball playing for a field goal.
I don’t think that’s weird at all. They play well with tempo urgency.

How about giving Quin some time off? He got beat several times again on pass rush.

How about giving Quin some time off? He got beat several times again on pass rush.
The center Johnson was really bad tonight, but if I’m not mistaken his top back up Cade McConnell or something like that from Oklahoma transferred out so I don’t know how confident we are in his back up now. The kid that transferred I had heard good things about so kinda a loss from what I understand.

To each their own I guess. I wasn't worried one bit that we were going to sit on the ball and play for the tie. But some fans seem to be holding onto the idea that we won't try to score TDs
The sneak dispelled thst notion to me.

I think Fleck has learned and evolved as well; as hopefully we all do in our vocations.

Anybody else have a post win playlist? I'm jamming to mine right now with some whiskey.
  • All I Do Is Win by DJ Khaled, T-Pain, Ludacris, Snoop Dogg and Rick Ross
  • Live Forever by Travis Barker
  • Right Above It by Lil Wayne and Drake
  • Turn Around by Flo Ride
  • Forever by Drake, Kanye, Lil Wayne and Eminem
  • Real Big by Mannie Fresh
  • Tops Drop by Fat Pat
:cool03::rockon::drink:

I didn’t like it.
So you know as much as I do. I’m a big equality guy
The sneak dispelled thst notion to me.

I think Fleck has learned and evolved as well; as hopefully we all do in our vocations.
I’m not learning anything and getting dumber by the day. It keeps me locked into Gopher sports. 🤔😀

A liability on defense? Are you insane? No, he has not yet got home on pass rush but Jah and Striggow seldom do either.
Yeah wait sorry. I'm wrong. I said this because he had 2 total tackles and I watched him run past the ball carrier twice in run support, but I just went back and watched every play. The ball never went his way in the first half and that's why. The first time anyone threw at him he picked it.

Anybody else have a post win playlist? I'm jamming to mine right now with some whiskey.
  • All I Do Is Win by DJ Khaled, T-Pain, Ludacris, Snoop Dogg and Rick Ross
  • Live Forever by Travis Barker
  • Right Above It by Lil Wayne and Drake
  • Turn Around by Flo Ride
  • Forever by Drake, Kanye, Lil Wayne and Eminem
  • Real Big by Mannie Fresh
  • Tops Drop by Fat Pat
:cool03::rockon::drink:
Another One Bites the Dust!

Yeah I'm old!!

Stay off my yard!!!!

Top Bottom