Per 247 and "HugeShow" the job has been offered to PJ Fleck

Count me as one who would enjoy no longer being fleckless

����������

Kill seemed particularly awkward at the end of his interview tonight when asked about Fleck. Since he quite clearly indicated earlier that he knew AD had been replacement coach shopping, and Fleck worked for Kill for 2 years, I can guess who Kill's source was. Very interesting to see how this plays out. If Fleck is smart, he'll wait for anything other than the worst place to coach football on the planet.

If we do sign Fleck I think I'll be agreeing with you a lot more in the coming years as I would not like the hire.

Do you not agree with me a lot now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I though got Kill was a great hire as well...he had success at every stop in his career. Agree to disagree, I like Fleck and I think he is a young Urban Meyer.

You do realize that I posted what Ryan Burns reported. I didn't post it as my source. But keep on thinking of me. Kind of strange.

I guess I would have posted the source. So apparently Ryan was way off.

IMHO, I think he would....be a great face... for the program.

I watched that Wisconsin game. I'd be embarrassed to have a coach jumping around like a clown on our sidelines like he was. I read some WMU boards yesterday. Didn't take long to find plenty of their fans that aren't pleased with his self-centeredness and egomania. Lots of Gopher fans love the taste of snake oil though...

Take it with a grain of salt but here are two **semi** reputable sources going with it:

https://twitter.com/gophers247/status/816828070816575488

If it's true the big-wig media guys will have it within a few hours and if not I just started another pointless thread.

Edit: I still think they should have gone after the Florida State TE's coach. I've heard rave reviews and that he sometimes even lays on the field DURING GAMES.

The bolded is the best thing I've read in a few days.. thanks for that!

I watched that Wisconsin game. I'd be embarrassed to have a coach jumping around like a clown on our sidelines like he was. I read some WMU boards yesterday. Didn't take long to find plenty of their fans that aren't pleased with his self-centeredness and egomania. Lots of Gopher fans love the taste of snake oil though...

He seemed a little bipolar.

Yet you believe Pelini would be a good selection? He is 10x worse than Fleck.

More tweets:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

NO there is nothing wrong with that, but that's not what you said. You said he could get attract talent and be the face of a program. I'm not the first and only one to compare him to Brew. I will say he at least has some head coaching experience going for him running a program. But how anybody can classify this as a "huge step" I cannot understand. This is no different than the Jerry Kill hire. Which is a hire we made when we were in the lowest of lows. We just won 9 games. Going back and hiring someone from a program like this is a step back.

Have no idea if he would have success here but if Fleck is hired on perception alone this would be way different than a Jerry Kill type hire. Certainly would not be considered a step back.

I don't know why all these people are skeptical of this sweet talking coach that we're one the verge of signing, after all, he just beat Wisconsin didn't he?
Wait, he didn't?

Seriously? A coach getting excited on the sideline bothers you??

I think Harsin would be a very bad hire. His team just got absolutely blown out by a mediocre Baylor team who had lost 6 in a row and lost to Wyoming this year. I'd take Bohl and a lot of others over Harsin.

Tough decision for Fleck. He wants to move up but does he want to come to Minnesota, where most coaches flame out (except Lou Holtz). Also, what does he think of what just happened? It'll all come down to if Coyle and Kaler connected with him and sold him.

I think it would be a great hire. Think it would probably be one of, if not, the absolute best hires we could hope for. Would create instant excitement among a majority of the fans. He may be too good, too big, and too dynamic for Minnesota though. Would he be a good fit at Minnesota? Will be interesting to see what he decides tomorrow.

I don't know bout that. For every stoic Bud Grant or Tom Landry there's a crazy Jon Gruden or John Madden. I'd take any of them with success.

I don't like being disrespectful online...but....I can't express how much I loathe these Fleck-Brewster comparisons just because of style. Brewster was maybe the least qualified head coaching candidate ever at a power 5 school (I'm only exaggerating a little) and everybody knew it at the time. Fleck, on the other hand, has done some remarkable things as a head coach at a young age.

Exactly. The comparison to Brewster is just ridiculous. You know who else has a similar personality to Fleck? Pete Carroll, Jim Harbaugh, Dabo Swinney, James Franklin etc.

I think this guy is a fricking clown. He'll last three years. ..maybe four.

Recruits and develops talent. Better every year and has a potential 1-2 round WR draft pick on his resume.

Yet you believe Pelini would be a good selection? He is 10x worse than Fleck.

I don't know much about Pelini. Seemed like he had the player's support when he got fired. How could a guy that poses with his kitty, wearing grandma's hand-knit turtleneck be bad?

His wiki page has been updated...

Phillip John Fleck (born November 29, 1980) is an American football coach and former player. He is currently the head coach of Brads Mom.

Top Bottom