Official "Mitch Leidner is not a division one QB" thread

...and Teddy Bridgewater as a pro ain't much better! Just look how he throws. There is something in the water in this town that affects how professional coaches evaluate QB's.

Interesting stat I came across, which Big Ten team has thrown for the most yards in the 2nd half this season? Answer, Minnesota.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

no you didn't

...and Teddy Bridgewater as a pro ain't much better! Just look how he throws. There is something in the water in this town that affects how professional coaches evaluate QB's.

nope- there is no comparison between bridgewater and leidner with regards to throwing a pass. night and day difference. seriously, what is going on here?

Probably because we have been behind.

It would be one thing if we were down by 20+ points, but that was not the case. This is the first year I can remember (with this staff) where I have seen us try passing on 1st and 2nd down this early in the season.

It would be one thing if we were down by 20+ points, but that was not the case. This is the first year I can remember (with this staff) where I have seen us try passing on 1st and 2nd down this early in the season.

Yes but we're not trying anything new..... Sarcasm

Okay, how about the other Big Ten teams were way ahead.

Because both of those interceptions against Kent St were on Mitch...terrible throws.

I could be wrong but I think Mitch is 10-7 as a starter. That would mean he has lost to OSU, TCU twice, and Wisconsin. Illinois too. Don't know the others. Whats the problem? Give the kid a few more games.

I would think the problem is that his inconsistent play both makes easy games harder and harder games unwinnable...so unless he improves (which doesn't seem likely) we can expect to keep losing to those teams.

By default of course, Leidner is a Division 1 quarterback. He's just very much below average.

Leidner wouldn't even be 3rd string at any other B10 school. This Coaching staff is just too stubborn and too conservative to try anyone else.

Anyone who thinks today and last week's poor offense was all on the Qb are missing the fact that we can't run the ball or pass protect worth a darn right now.

What happened to the read option? The Kill/Limegrover offense at NIU succeeded in large part to Chandler Harnish & Jordan Lynch running the ball. Leidner did run the ball more previously, they then went away from that under the believe that he was taking too many hits (and they feared the lack of depth at QB). I would think that with the depth at QB now (Perra, Streveler, Croft), that shouldn't be as big a concern. Get back to running the big man! Unleash the Moose!

I don't like the way Mitch claps his hands before every snap out of the shotgun. I think this wears down his hands and prevents him from throwing tighter spirals.

I don't like the way Mitch claps his hands before every snap out of the shotgun. I think this wears down his hands and prevents him from throwing tighter spirals.

It helps getting is happy feet in rhythm before the snap.

builds confidence. oh yeah bad...just expect bad and let the good like the pass to Stills surprise you.

What happened to the read option? The Kill/Limegrover offense at NIU succeeded in large part to Chandler Harnish & Jordan Lynch running the ball. Leidner did run the ball more previously, they then went away from that under the believe that he was taking too many hits (and they feared the lack of depth at QB). <b>I would think that with the depth at QB now (Perra, Streveler, Croft)</b>, that shouldn't be as big a concern. Get back to running the big man! Unleash the Moose!

I like the thought, but that list is not QB depth. You named a guy who can't pass/is playing on special teams/has been passed by player(s) who haven't played & 2 guys who have never played. Those are QB bodies, not QB depth.

Mitch was the best QB on the field today. There is that.

I like the thought, but that list is not QB depth. You named a guy who can't pass/is playing on special teams/has been passed by player(s) who haven't played & 2 guys who have never played. Those are QB bodies, not QB depth.
Well compared to last year, it's good QB depth.

I wonder if the problems on offense are the result of a staff that totally underestimated the opponent and telegraphed that feeling to the players. But it's also hard to figure how we could possibly think we would be able to run up the middle every play against anybody especially after the way the O line has played this year. I hope the stubborn, bullheaded play calling was dictated by the head coach, because otherwise we are in trouble. If the OC was responsible, then long term staff loyalty could turn out to be less than a total blessing. Man oh man, the decisions only get tougher as you move up the ladder.

I never said that. Stop making things up. I'm certain that schools like Harvard, Princeton, Stanford, MIT, etc. turn away 36 ACTs on occasion. Notre Dame isn't even close to the caliber of those schools. Whoever told you that Notre Dame is turning away 36s (probably the voices in your head) doesn't know what they're talking about.
So you still can't admit you are wrong about that

So you still can't admit you are wrong about that

I'm not wrong. You don't know what you're talking about. Like I said previously, whoever told you that (likely the voices in your head) is mistaken.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Is Minnesota a Division I school?

Is Leidner the QB?

If the answer to both of those questions is yes, then Leidner is a Division I QB.

The real question should be "Is Leidner an effective Division I QB?

Top Bottom