***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT PURDUE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

There won't be a midseason firing, but the last two games cement that Pitino is who we thought he was and it's time to move on already.
I’m aware of that. Not my point. My point is on the floor. Like you said. We know what we’re getting with Pitino. It is not ever going to change.

A loss at Rutgers and the Gophers are going to be in VERY dangerous territory. I'm not saying it will happen, but at least brace yourselves, because there's a real shot the Gophers play themselves out of a tournament bid. This is Minnesota after all.

Nah too many winnable games on the schedule.

This would be way more concerning if we lost that Iowa game.

It’s not about just losing. I’ve never seen a team like in my life. Ever. They literally can’t even compete. It’s disgusting. Last years team was actually better than this. I’m out.
Teams take on the persona of their coach....Pitino makes zero adjustments and let's his players pretty much do whatever they want.

You've just got to be mentally tougher and that's all on Richard. He looks just as resigned as the players tonight.
The number of games we've won because Pitino out-coached anyone can be counted on two hands.

Nah too many winnable games on the schedule.

This would be way more concerning if we lost that Iowa game.

I'd agree that it's still likely that they make the tournament. I'm just saying.. we're gopher fans / minnesota sports fans, we have to at least brace ourselves for the possibility.

I think for all intents and purposes, we can assume that the Gophs won't win a road game the entire season as the Nebraska make-up likely doesn't happen.

That leaves Nebraska, Purdue, Northwestern, Illinois, and Rutgers left on the schedule. We probably need 4 out of those 5 to make the tournament. Certainly do-able, but there's little margin for error there.

Showing some intensity last 1 1/2 minutes only down by 7

We’re comin, we’re comin

The most amazing thing to me is just how awful this bunch is when they have a "bad" game. It's a complete and total collapse every, single time. And that's the ultimate reflection of coaching; just utterly clueless when faced with adversity.

What a heartless group of players. No leaders. No coach. 8 years- lets give Lil' Ricky a couple more years to fix this.

I'd agree that it's still likely that they make the tournament. I'm just saying.. we're gopher fans / minnesota sports fans, we have to at least brace ourselves for the possibility.

I think for all intents and purposes, we can assume that the Gophs won't win a road game the entire season as the Nebraska make-up likely doesn't happen.

That leaves Nebraska, Purdue, Northwestern, Illinois, and Rutgers left on the schedule. We probably need 4 out of those 5 to make the tournament. There's little margin for error there.
It's not hard to see them going 3-2 or 2-3 in those games. I don't think they'll beat Illinois and could easily lose to Rutgers or Purdue.

It's not hard to see them going 3-2 or 2-3 in those games. I don't think they'll beat Illinois and could easily lose to Rutgers or Purdue.

Which goes back to my original post. We have to brace ourselves for the possibility that they choke their way out of a tournament birth. It would likely spell the end for pitino.

A lot of our road woes come from not running any type of offense for extended periods of time and terrible defensive rebounding giving up second and third shots.

Top Bottom