***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT PURDUE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
It feels like we’ve gotten out of the rhythm of games. Saturday night is time to get a solid road performance and win. Purdue is a good not great team. We need to make up for the Maryland nonsense.

Get the ball inside, establish that presence and that will open up the outside game.

GET ‘ER DONE PITINO!!!!!!!!

A road game? I feel a double digit loss coming for us. I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but we suck on the road.

I have a good vibe for this one. Gophers have played pretty well at Mackey recently. That would be a start. ... to play well on the road.

Boilers starting 3 freshmen tomorrow and Stefanovic is out with Corona. Just don’t let Williams go nuts. Robbins needs to play him close to a draw.

This feels like a Carr “hop on my back” game. I’ve got Gophers by 6.

Preseason I had the gophers sweeping Turdue. Painter has polished a lump of turds in to a solid team. Gotta get to line boys.

I have a good vibe for this one. Gophers have played pretty well at Mackey recently. That would be a start. ... to play well on the road.

Boilers starting 3 freshmen tomorrow and Stefanovic is out with Corona. Just don’t let Williams go nuts. Robbins needs to play him close to a draw.

This feels like a Carr “hop on my back” game. I’ve got Gophers by 6.

I'll post what he's posting.

I plan to switch between them Pat. Hope this is a good payday for Truax. I was bummed when he got sick last time.
If the gophers continue their road play both contests might not be competitive. I think Plant takes down Truax in the early rounds --- glad he is getting another shot and a payday though.

Breaking news: Jim Rowinski, Walter Jordan, and Bruce Parkinson will not be suiting up today and taking the floor on Keady Court. They definitely won't be coached by George King.

However, until the Gophers can demonstrate some road competence the Boilers manage to hand on for a 74-69 win.

Gosh it feels like it’s been so long between games! No idea what to expect tonight. I wonder how hard it is to keep guys motivated and practicing hard with so many days in between games. Certainly should be well-rested. Hope Pitino’s been coming up with a good game plan. Let’s go!

Huge gopher fan but they get thumped tonight. I bet with my head and not my heart as I have a large play on Purdue. Stefanovic is out otherwise line would be around 5. Did you watch the game against Maryland??? What leads you to believe this will be better?? Can they win?? Yes it’s college basketball with young kids. Do I think they will win? Slim chance. Could be a lot of clanking and clunking once again. Go gophers!!

Seems like forever since the Terp debacle. I don't put much hope for a Gopher W not just because its a road game.

We really need Liam to show after a poor Terp game but PU two bigs are very physical. This is not a good setup for the Gophers and Liam must stay on the court as much as possible. Curry will be overmatched so guessing we will see some of Freeman. PU perimeter players took it to the hoop against Michigan. Carr's D has been questionnable thus far and I see more problems for him tonite. Volumes have been written about the need for someone other than Carr and Liam to do some scoring. My guess is we will try and clog the lane and force PU 3's. They have been just about as bad as us from long range.

This game could get ugly unless PU is cold and the offense shows after RP has had time to implement things in practice. Dribble and horizontal passes around the perimeter doesn't cut it.

PU by 18.

Seems like forever since the Terp debacle. I don't put much hope for a Gopher W not just because its a road game.

We really need Liam to show after a poor Terp game but PU two bigs are very physical. This is not a good setup for the Gophers and Liam must stay on the court as much as possible. Curry will be overmatched so guessing we will see some of Freeman. PU perimeter players took it to the hoop against Michigan. Carr's D has been questionnable thus far and I see more problems for him tonite. Volumes have been written about the need for someone other than Carr and Liam to do some scoring. My guess is we will try and clog the lane and force PU 3's. They have been just about as bad as us from long range.

This game could get ugly unless PU is cold and the offense shows after RP has had time to implement things in practice. Dribble and horizontal passes around the perimeter doesn't cut it.

PU by 18.
I hate good analysis that does not favor the gophers.

Finally a road game that feels winnable. Largely due to their soft schedule, Purdue needs this game even more than us so we better be ready from the tip. Gotta make our shots. Cant have a repeat of the maryland game and 12% from three by players not named carr or liam.

Last edited:

Awesome match up. We need the win or else we will have a hard time finishing ahead of Purdue.

We better come out playing hyped up defense because that’s probably the only chance we have to get a win. Hard to believe how bad we shoot the ball from the perimeter. Better go to the hole and try to get to the free throw line.

Let’s make it interesting! You have to take a drink every time gophers miss a three.

Huge gopher fan but they get thumped tonight. I bet with my head and not my heart as I have a large play on Purdue. Stefanovic is out otherwise line would be around 5. Did you watch the game against Maryland??? What leads you to believe this will be better?? Can they win?? Yes it’s college basketball with young kids. Do I think they will win? Slim chance. Could be a lot of clanking and clunking once again. Go gophers!!
I watched the Maryland game but i also watched Michigan before that. You're a brave man betting on a gopher game.

I watched the Maryland game but i also watched Michigan before that. You're a brave man betting on a gopher game.
When they are underdogs bet with them. When they are favorites bet against them.

Last edited:

Have you watched the Big Ten this year? Wisconsin just lost to Penn State.

Trying to act like the Maryland game is indicative of anything was your first mistake. I just laid four figures on the Gophers +2.5

Top Bottom