***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT PURDUE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Gophergangsta must be the most pathetic loser i have ever seen on these boards so hes got that going for him.

Which goes back to my original post. We have to brace ourselves for the possibility that they choke their way out of a tournament birth. It would likely spell the end for pitino.
Every cloud has a silver lining.

A loss at Rutgers and the Gophers are going to be in VERY dangerous territory. I'm not saying it will happen, but at least brace yourselves, because there's a real shot the Gophers play themselves out of a tournament bid. This is Minnesota after all.
I made the mistake of telling my sister they were a shoe-in. Blame me.

Of course you are in here acting like a little bitch. Care to comment on the fact that we are up 5 against a good team while one of the top 10 players in college basketball hasn't scored a point?

Well this didn't age well. Dude, why don't you put me on ignore so I don't live rent free in your melon.

I made the mistake of telling my sister they were a shoe-in. Blame me.

Eh, it's not just you! I think we all felt that way. Still think the odds we make it are 70-30 right now but it's certainly not the shoe-in we all thought.

It's frustrating because this is supposedly the easier part of the schedule after surviving the 8 game gauntlet

Len Elmore calling the game tonight is giving Marcus Carr way too much credit. Marcus just so careless at times both with the ball and defensively. Also on Pitino. Let's Carr get away with it and it's become a habit.
When Carr isn't scoring, he goes into a funk on both ends of the court and gets dribble happy causing everyone else to stand around on offense. And yes, gets very sloppy and turns the ball over. Not a winning formula on the road.

It's very frustrating to watch. I love Johnson though, he's gonna bring energy night in and night out no matter who's coaching him.
Dakich was very complimentary of his previous coach. That's where he gets his good habits and heady play.

17 offensive rebounds. Impossible to win giving that up.

Carr has missed 5 rebounds he should have had and has given up 19 points due to his defense on my count tonight. That frustrates me more than the offense. Certainly not a heady player.

Dakich was very complimentary of his previous coach. That's where he gets his good habits and heady play.
Makes sense. The Pitino era has definitely not been discipline focused.

It's frustrating because this is supposedly the easier part of the schedule after surviving the 8 game gauntlet
This is going to be a major grind to the end. It's difficult to see us winning any of the road games left on the schedule. Hopefully be able to handle all the games at home or maybe afford to lose 1

Startd the game 6-8 from 3.....since then 4-17

I've mostly abstained from bashing Pitino this year but this is one of the better teams in his 8 years. If he can't get it done with this team, that may be a clear signal to move on.
It depends what "it" is. A top 20 team and a 4 seed or better in the NCAA's is a great year. 9-10 in the B1G and an 11 seed is not. We're headed for the latter.

Top Bottom